• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC Trailer (60 FPS)

bee

i think max payne 3 is a much better gauge of how it will run than gta 4 ever would be and max runs 4k@60fps if you've got the power, that said i honestly think it'll look better in 3D vision as it has native support

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
God dammit... that looks great.

How much would a PC that could handle this beast cost? I've been out of that game for a while.

Are all the GTAV cutscenes in-engine? One of the worst things about modern games I have noticed recently on my PC is that it will suddenly switch from glorious 60fps to a blurry 30fps CGI cutscenes that actually looks worse then the game itself.

Yasae

Banned
Think I just found the EQ setting used for the song in that vid -

1pmXu4g.jpg

Kinthalis

Banned

How much would a PC that could handle this beast cost? I've been out of that game for a while.

We don't know how max settings perform. But I'd say a mid range GPU + mid range CPU will get you 60 FPS mostly high settings, so double the frame rate and higher graphics settings than current gen consoles.

Cases, various mobo options, etc would determine the final price, but I'd say a mid range gaming PC today should run you about $700. You can go cheaper if you are willing to sacrfice graphics for performance, or performance for graphics though, or go for more machine and not compromise at all ;)

SebastianM

Are all the GTAV cutscenes in-engine? One of the worst things about modern games I have noticed recently on my PC is that it will suddenly switch from glorious 60fps to a blurry 30fps CGI cutscenes that actually looks worse then the game itself.

They've always been in-game ever since GTA 3.

Swarna

Wait for it to release and we'll know more by then. If you want a really rough picture (not reliable but just to give you an idea if you're completely clueless) a current $700-$800 rig should get you 1080/60 at max or near-max settings. A $1000 rig might get you 4k/30. You will need even more for 4k/60. Keep in mind less than max settings doesn't mean the game looks bad. Lots of console games run at variable settings compared to their PC counterparts ranging anywhere from low to max so that "near-max" can still mean higher settings than on PS4 for example.

Looked fine. Nothing revolutionary but a proper port. I have good hopes in terms of performance. Hopefully there will be some singleplayer dlc later this year. Something meaty like the Ballad of Gay Tony was for GTA4.

FACE

Banned
Just a couple years ago, people were claiming they couldn't tell the difference from 720p and 1080p from their couch.
Now there are hundred page threads arguing the difference between 1080 and 900p.

Yes, but won't be maxing out. May have to make some frame rate considerations at 1080p

Well, the other day I saw someone say that a few teraflops of extra power is no big deal, even though we've had huge threads about half a teraflop of difference between the consoles.

DapperSloth

MY EYES! They bleed! Totally jarring. 30 FPS is fine for me. 60 FPS looks so speed-up it's ridonkulus. I have never seen the need for 60 FPS, what does it actually accomplish for you PC-people?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Might be time to OC my 3770k.

MY EYES! They bleed! Totally jarring. 30 FPS is fine for me. 60 FPS looks so speed-up it's ridonkulus. I have never seen the need for 60 FPS, what does it actually accomplish for you PC-people?

Here's your reply. Hope nobody else takes this bait.

jWILL253

Banned
I'm noticing a correlation between the amount of juniors parallel to the amount of "60 FPS SUX TOO GAMEY" posts.

Other than me, of course... :p

I'm noticing a correlation between the amount of juniors parallel to the amount of "60 FPS SUX TOO GAMEY" posts.

A larger sample would probably still support this observation.

There's definitely one between them popping up and the amount of posts not actually read :D

This observation doesn't even need extra support

I don't know. Why don't you boot up any given Metroid game and play it through an emulator set not to display every other frame? Bet you'll see the 'need' then ;p

but to actually address what you're saying - as BASICALLY ALL OF YOU should already know by now, 60fps doesn't look jarring when you're actually playing the damn thing (do you people even remember console games before xbox?), and 60fps can make a world of difference for open world games where there's already shitloads of visual information coming at you in any particular scene. I'm just imagining gunfights at 60fps in crowded city streets. Seeing every single bullet kick up dust on impact with my cover as particle effects flash by on the wind and having each character's unique animation quirks brought to life that much more. Not to mention smooth, satisfying movement while driving down city streets, or flying, or boating. I can't wait.

Boss Mog

It feels so alive and real. And then people say that framerate doesn't matter or that they can't see the difference *sigh*.

Dinjoralo

And me. :p
Actually, now I'm wondering if the game will support anything higher than 60 FPS. I'm betting it won't, if only because I don't want to give Rockstar any credit whatsoever.

LilJoka

Its still impossible to hold 60fps in GTA IV for any significant period, so i hope this video is R* saying this time itll be different. I really hope it is. The game looks amazing.

jediyoshi

There's definitely one between them popping up and the amount of posts not actually read :D

So I assume that by stating "you PC people" that you're a console only gamer. And I'm guessing that this post is incredibly salty. You still have your 30fps version so why do you care what it does for the "PC people"? You don't need to understand. And if you can't understand I really do feel sorry for you.

GavinUK86

Wow someone actually said 60fps is too gamey. People actually buy into that PR "cinematic 30fps" bullshit. Absolutely unbelievable.
I think it's more like console gamers are used to 30fps and because of that, 60fps looks sped up. They don't realise higher frame rate grants you better precision and more responsive controls.

I think it's more like console gamers are used to 30fps and because if that, 60fps loos sped up.

until you have a controller in your hand and you're controlling it, that is.

60fps looks 'sped up' in samples and short clips. When you're in front of a screen looking at the game itself for more than a few moments at a time it's a pretty noticeable step up without appearing 'sped up' relative to anything.

GavinUK86

until you have a controller in your hand and you're controlling it, that is.

60fps looks 'sped up' in samples and short clips. When you're in front of a screen looking at the game itself for more than a few moments at a time it's a pretty noticeable step up without appearing 'sped up' relative to anything.
You're preaching to the choir. I can see where some arguments are coming from though.

Top Bottom