• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guys at my girlsfriends workplace hitting on her

GHG

You guys were dating for like three months and went to therapy.

What
in
the
fuck

Lmao therapy at 22 years of age 3 months into a relationship. OP skipped marriage and went straight to the good part.

But seriously, don't seek/ask for closure, it's not required at the end of every relationship, especially one as fucked up as this.

Also apologise to your housemate.

This is just the kind of social awkwardness you see from most CS majors.

Bruh, don't get me started. Even the 2 girls in our class (out of about 30) were fucked up. One used to offer head to pretty much anyone in the class in exchange for help with her course work. Beyond fucked up.

Couples therapy? Haven't you only been dating a few months? I hope the therapist laughs you two out of the room.

This girl wants to control every aspect of your life. She's a lying, conniving, control freak and it seems her goal is to make you feel like shit all day every day. Tell her to fuck off and move on.

It just sounds like someone's hooked on their first taste of love and, as such, is willing to throw everything else under the bus to hold on to it. That's something a lot of people experience in their teens and can look back on to learn from when pursuing more longer lasting experiences in the future.

Take the L on this one, learn what you can, not from her but from you. Any actions or decisions she has made are irrelevant to how you as a person behaved and reacted. You have to look introspectively and acknowledge where you could have behaved in a more positive way for you.

Understand love is a two way street and if you're the only one comprising your way of life, then perhaps reassess if that's the kind of two way street you really want to travel down.

Takuan

It just sounds like someone's hooked on their first taste of love and, as such, is willing to throw everything else under the bus to hold on to it. That's something a lot of people experience in their teens and can look back on to learn from when pursuing more longer lasting experiences in the future.

Take the L on this one, learn what you can, not from her but from you. Any actions or decisions she has made are irrelevant to how you as a person behaved and reacted. You have to look introspectively and acknowledge where you could have behaved in a more positive way for you.

Understand love is a two way street and if you're the only one comprising your way of life, then perhaps reassess if that's the kind of two way street you really want to travel down.

OP only takes the L if he stays around. It's actually a W to deal with this level of crazy early on in life so that the signs are clear in the future.

Reading the update made me sad, have some dignity and self respect OP, it was a 3 month relationship with a crazed girl, you owe her nothing, why would you treat your housemate like such a dirtbag...

lmao OP, it isn't worth it

also don't pursue your roommate, when things go wrong with that relationship as well, you won't even have a place to yourself and will be forced to live in your car

flkraven

Update: Sorry for the necro bump and late conclusion but here it is...

After my girlfriend got angry at me for eating cake at my housemates birthday party (background:my housemate is a girl who I have no interest in but have been friends with for 1 semester. When I would go out on the weekends I wouldn't know any parties so I would always go with her, but nothing ever happened and I really never even considered doing anything with her) and got angry at me because she thought I was looking at other women on Instragram we broke up and I kept my distance for a while.

Meanwhile at my house, my housemate who I have told numerous times to stop communicating with me because my girlfriend doesn't want me talking to her continues to invite me to go places and come downstairs to the first floor (where I live) and try to talk to me. I need somewhere to place the blame on losing my girlfriend (irrational I know) so I get increasingly angry at this girl and every time she tries to talk to me I am dismissive and I eventually block her on FB messanger because I don't want her in my life. I, however only blocked her on messenger, and did not know that you could had to block someone on the actual Facebook app as well. I try to do that too, but I am prompted for a login and I was angry at the time so I decide to do it later.

Flash -forward 1-2 weeks and I go back to my girlfriends house to get some stuff I left over there. I ask her if we can be friends and then try to date later once she trusts me, she agrees and we proceed to go to an arcade later that week. We had a good time and agree that we should get back to together, but I told her (2 weeks ago) that I had blocked my housemate from Facebook. She says she will only get back together with me with I show her I blocked my housemate. I show her my phone, but forgot I only blocked her on messenger and not the FB app, she proceeds to flip out. I tell her it was a mistake and I swear I thought I had her blocked , she temporarily believes me.

The next day she says she called her sister and her sister thinks that Im a liar and I didn't block her on purpose so she is convinced about that. She also uses the fact that Im a computer science major (wtf) to say that I should know how to use FB 100% so she thinks Im lying. I convince her otherwise again (somehow) and we agree to keep the relationship going and find a couples counselor to talk about this stuff.

We spend like 2 weeks together and have a great time playing video games, going out, etc... Everything seemed great. I help her move into her new place and later she tells me that she is still worried that I lied about sleeping with my housemate. She tells me about a dude at her workplace who is married to a co-worker but cheats on her with another co-worker. She imposes this situation on me, and declares that Im dating my housemate and cheating on my housemate with her, or that my housemate is cool with me sleeping with both of them. (Wtf) I tell her that shes crazy, and thats not the case. Keep in mind it is summer break and everyone (all my housemates) has left back to their respective homes so no one I know is still in this town.

She is a huge activist (for anything feminism, BLM, fair-trade anything basically) and participates in local events and has a tight knit group of activists that she regularly talks to on a group chat. There is a guy in her activist group that she has been friends with for years and they hang out/go drinking all the time. She says how much I had in common with my housemates as a reason for why I would have slept with her, I say the same thing about this guy in her activist group and she says while he is interested in her they are just friends. She also told me 1 week before I am not allowed to have any female friends anymore, I don't have that much in the first place so I thought, "okay I'll cross that bridge when I come to it". But the fucked up part in my mind is that she still has guys friends, including this guy in the activist group and the dudes at her work. Im getting angry, but I never say anything I am saving it for therapy for which we had an appointment which was a week away.

We blow over it again and go back to hanging out and playing games, like normal. I had sex with the night before (not bragging its part of the story read on), and she goes home to get ready for work later. I text her the next day if she wants to do something, she says she'll hang out with a girlfriend. I reluctantly say okay, because if Im not hanging out with her I have nothing to do (all my friends left and I am staying her just for her, I also want to go home for the summer). She then says she did not want to have sex with me last night but did anyway. I tell her she could have just told me, shes told me before and I respect her decision. She says "it doesn't matter now anyway". I ask her what she meant and she doesn't respond to me for 3 days.

After 3 days she said she just wanted some space, (understandable we spent the whole previous week together) I say okay you could have just told me. She says she still not over me and what she thinks I did with my housemate. She then says she doesn't want to date me because I am too young (she is 27 and I am 22 even though we are both college seniors) and claims I am immature. I argue my case, and she doesn't text back for another 5 days.

So here I am 5 days after, I think its over, but I want closure (Are we broken up? Why are we braking up? etc). She will not answer any of my calls or read my messages, so I am considering going to her house (or where she works) but I don't want to seem crazy, what should I do?

Stop talking to her. Go home for the summer. DO NOT go to her house work. That is literally insane. Ultimatums like "you can't have girls as friends" are examples of a relationship that is dysfunctional and not working. It's not worth it dude. Imagine all the same fun you could be having with another girl without all the baggage. My advice from last month is still the same, but people on GAF asking for relationship advice never listen:

Neither of you are ready for a relationship IMO. You need to see that this isn't normal behavior, and that this isn't what a healthy relationship looks like. She should be able to talk to males (they don't ALL have ulterior motives, and even if they do a relationship built on trust is far stronger). Likewise, you shouldn't have to walk on eggshells, not talk to a single girl, get cake, and for fuck sakes you can look at a girl's picture on instagram.

Take a break from this 'relationship', have some fun, and when you are mature enough (and find someone more mature) give it another try.

Read this post. You've wasted another month:

Also OP, I know it's hard but honestly just get out now. If you ignore these red flags and just try and make it work, you will find yourself 5 years from now finally breaking up and thinking about all the time you've wasted. Get out while you can.

But this is the most likely outcome:

So I can only assume that after all this advice OP will stick with GF and try to work things out. The problems will persist and nothing will change.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I mean, just look at this.

Meanwhile at my house, my housemate who I have told numerous times to stop communicating with me because my girlfriend doesn't want me talking to her continues to invite me to go places and come downstairs to the first floor (where I live) and try to talk to me. I need somewhere to place the blame on losing my girlfriend (irrational I know) so I get increasingly angry at this girl and every time she tries to talk to me I am dismissive and I eventually block her on FB messanger because I don't want her in my life. I, however only blocked her on messenger, and did not know that you could had to block someone on the actual Facebook app as well. I try to do that too, but I am prompted for a login and I was angry at the time so I decide to do it later.

tenor.gif

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
OP couldn't have any more warnings than if his GF was an actual black widow spider that had her previous suitors headless carcasses still laying around. It might be a coin flip whether he notices anything wrong in that case either.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
When you guys are married you'll have such a nice, romantic story about the beginning of your beautiful relationship. Good luck moving forward, sounds like you found a real keeper.

I can't wait for the necrobump in 6 months:

"Well guys, I took your advice and broke up with her. But then we got back together and she stabbed me with a kitchen knife. I think things might work out this time though! I have to go because she doesn't want me on my phone for too long."

Kumquat

For reals though OP. Dump her and go hang out with your housemate and make apologies for being an idiot who was thinking with his hormones. She sounds like she may be into you and not a basket case.

red731

For reals though OP. Dump her and go hang out with your housemate and make apologies for being an idiot who was thinking with his hormones. She sounds like she may be into you and not a basket case.

Sad thing is this is probably very true, but OP loves pain and suffering.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
OP you stupid motherfucker. Just stop engaging with this woman, stop wasting her time and yours, and JUST MOVE THE FUCK ON. And apologize to your housemate who has been nothing but kind to you, even as you blame her for everything that has nothing to do with her.

But of course, you won't listen to this, or anyone else telling you logic, because you're stupid as fuck. We're going to get another bump a month from now from you saying, "Guys shit hit the fan AGAIN, but I can totally save this sinking ship by stalking her when she obviously doesn't want to talk to me anymore!"

OP you stupid motherfucker. Just stop engaging with this woman, stop wasting her time and yours, and JUST MOVE THE FUCK ON. And apologize to your housemate who has been nothing but kind to you, even as you blame her for everything that has nothing to do with her.

But of course, you won't listen to this, or anyone else telling you logic, because you're stupid as fuck. We're going to get another bump a month from now from you saying, "Guys shit hit the fan AGAIN, but I can totally save this sinking ship by stalking her when she obviously doesn't want to talk to me anymore!"

Isn't this how most of these threads go? OP is thick and won't listen to reason.

This sounds like teen drama. Everything here is embarrassing in how you're handling thimgs. You seem to lack any kind of ability to stand up to someone who is clearly making some ridiculous demands.

She isn't the only woman out there, someone who treat you like a piece of shit and use you to project their own issues with a lack of confidence but this won't get through to you, you're too invested... you've convinced yourself you can't do better and that's the most depressing aspect of all of this.

hodgy100

You're better than this OP. 3 months in and you are already at each others necks and she's curbing your freedom to speak to other human beings.

do you really want to spend the rest of your life like this?

No?

Then break up with her.

K' Dash

22 and dealing with this fucking drama, I would like to punch you in the face OP.

Then I would take you for a beer with your flat mate.

WolfeTone

I'm uncomfortable with the amount of people suggesting the OP should get with the roommate. OP ignores her and blocks her from his life all because he's bending over backwards to please his mentally unstable girlfriend. Don't fuck up the roommate's life please.

Nothing to add that hasn't already been said. Your girlfriend sounds like she might have borderline personality disorder. I believe you might in danger by staying with her. When you break up (which you should), expect her to claim to be pregnant or to accuse you of assaulting her.

Just because this girl is your 'first love' doesn't mean you have to try to forgive her many serious flaws. This is not a healthy relationship. Don't invest any more time or feelings into it. Please OP.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Thats a lot of drama for just a few months. As everyone else said, move on. Cut all ties. Repair your relationship with your housemate who you've been an ass to. Fucking couple's therapy. lol. Thats some next level commitment to this short and toxic relationship.

Mesoian

Lol that update...you should have ditched the gf and got with the roommate.

Yurp.

Also that whole line she gave you about "I'm can't trust guys because how I was treated in the past bluh buh" was bullshit and you should have known the moment she introduced you to her guy friends.

That's a ton of nonsense to put up with OP. Time to start from step one. Don't even look back.

What the fuck did I just read? Couples therapy? You're 22 dude. Not to mention you've been dating this chick for 3 months. You both sound immature as hell and if she's 27 acting this way then I don't know how that's not a red flag to you.

vypek

I'm uncomfortable with the amount of people suggesting the OP should get with the roommate. OP ignores her and blocks her from his life all because he's bending over backwards to please his mentally unstable girlfriend. Don't fuck up the roommate's life please.

Nothing to add that hasn't already been said. Your girlfriend sounds like she might have borderline personality disorder. I believe you might in danger by staying with her. When you break up (which you should), expect her to claim to be pregnant or to accuse you of assaulting her.

Just because this girl is your 'first love' doesn't mean you have to try to forgive her many serious flaws. This is not a healthy relationship. Don't invest any more time or feelings into it. Please OP.

Yeah I don't think he should try to get with the roommate. Treated her pretty terribly for someone who was just being friendly and talking with you. Best thing would be salvaging the friendship

I thought about it

Maybe the problem isnt the ex, its the op for thinking they still have a chance. Its also on the op for not letting go. Its also on the op for treating a thirsty housemate like shit.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This is one of those threads that make me weep for mankind. My God, OP, what the fuck are you doing?

Update: Sorry for the necro bump and late conclusion but here it is...

So here I am 5 days after, I think its over, but I want closure (Are we broken up? Why are we braking up? etc). She will not answer any of my calls or read my messages, so I am considering going to her house (or where she works) but I don't want to seem crazy, what should I do?

Stalk her, drive by her house at night very slowly, change your phone number, send her flowers, surprise her at work with flowers and a gift, if nothing works, propose.

Since he won't listen to ANYONE in this thread while asking what he should do all the time, maybe reverse psychology would help

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
Your brain, if you have one should be telling you to bail the hell out. Everyone in the thread is telling you to bail out. Unless you want to be miserable, cut all ties.

The heart is stupid and will tell you to do idiotic things despite all reason. Follow it at your own peril. People not chemically lobotomized are trying to help you.

Top Bottom