• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was definitely the string of Monster, Beast Mode, and 56 Nights there's a least a song from each tape that gets played on the radio, the clubs or in the streets. Dude's been on a good streak since last October and he rode that momentum into a album that delivered.

Courage

It was definitely the string of Monster, Beast Mode, and 56 Nights there's a least a song from each tape that gets played on the radio, the clubs or in the streets. Dude's been on a good streak since last October and he rode that momentum into a album that delivered.

Pretty much.

CgmfySA.jpg

Could be intense fuckery...or could be a show that was recorded weeks ago.

Nibel

Yeah, makes sense. Future been working like crazy.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Good for Future. Seems like more often than not trap albums from "big" artists don't go anywhere, sales wise. Young Thug was allegedly That Dude yet couldn't sell 20k in a week; Lil Durk outsold his ass. If Quan put out a project it probably wouldn't sell well either. Yet both have put out countless mixtapes that have been well received by fans.

There's a tier of rappers who went from mixtapes to albums with success (Drake, Cole, Kendrick, Big Sean, Meek, etc) and there's guys like Big K.R.I.T. who haven't been able to pull it off. And there are even more trap rappers who fail at that. I wonder what was different this time. Was it simply the free music beforehand that compelled folks to support him? Was it as culmination of years of building and supporting a fanbase? Is it simply that he's the hottest dude in rap right now and has transcended the typically urban trap scene to reach enough of the mainstream to do numbers?

I hold firm that a sizable portion of it is because of when it was released. We had a good string of great, but super dark releases. It's the end of the summer. People are throwing grill outs, parties, taking the boys out on the town and shit before it gets cold and/or the chitlins go back to school. People always want a banger this time of the year. People were wondering why Big Sean popped off with Finally Famous after a string and I think it was because of the same thing. Hall of Fame came out too late and it did like, half the numbers, even with Guap getting some early play in the summer.

There are other examples, but timing is everything with fun records like these. Granted, you can't just throw out any old shit and Future being on a string of hits with other savvy cats like Rozay and Drake definitely kept his buzz up. But I'm pretty convinced that DS2 wouldn't have moved as many numbers if it dropped in say, Oct.

And I ain't never did this before, no
And I ain't never did this before, nooo
I ain't never did this before, no

Furyous

Could be intense fuckery...or could be a show that was recorded weeks ago.

Drake gotta come in 0-100. Fuck playing songs get these *EDIT because outside of BCT* dudes Drake. Ether fuck ass Flex, Rosenslob, and Ebro. I expect a full thorough explanation on ALL this shit. Sick of people trying to make a name off and destroy Drake's career.

$100 million lawsuit against Hot 97 should be enough to get Flex out the paint and bring about some change to the station.

I'm not even stanning for dude but the fuckery has to end.

Crud

Banned
Drake gotta come in 0-100. Fuck playing songs get these *EDIT because outside of BCT* dudes Drake. Ether fuck ass Flex, Rosenslob, and Ebro. I expect a full thorough explanation on ALL this shit. Sick of people trying to make a name off and destroy Drake's career.

$100 million lawsuit against Hot 97 should be enough to get Flex out the paint and bring about some change to the station.

Seriously? What is stanning then?

Eos

CkBy0GO.png

Someone tell ##### ##### this is how you implement a no fly zone.

Quentin Miler is on five songs on Drake's newest album. Five tracks does not mean Quentin Miller ghostwrote Drake's career. This does not take Drake out of the GOAT category.

Drake is going to respond to this on wax and shatter this Meek Mill myth. Meek could fuck around and destroy Young Money before Baby gets a chance to. Who would've known Meek to singlehandedly fuck up careers and relationships like this?

Drake is 10 times the emcee Meek will ever be. Drake's records are classics while Meek makes solid intros. OVOfest about to be a classic. Drake should release his next album on an independently and do a full tour.

Right Today, Drake is in the GOAT category... FOR HIS ERA. His era includes Meek, BIG Sean, J. Cole. Wale, Kendrick, and insert your favorite three rappers who started at the same time.

Allegedly, Sauce Money assisted Hov. Does this diminish Hov? LOL at not being able to listen to Drake because of three bars out of two reference tracks. Some of y'all need to come out and embrace the Drake hate and just be happy he's getting slandered.

Did Meek give Prince Eazy credit for stealing his flow? Did Meek give Lil George credit for stealing the hook for I got that juice? Nicki needs to back Drake for other reason than to distract from Safaree ghostwriting her career. Meek is not about to do Drake like he did Cyssero, Cassidy, and Gillie. Congratulations, he has to drop 40 on Lebron over the course of a series. Yes, Drake is Lebron.

I heard an IG snippet that sounded like two bars. Meek is painting himself into a corner moving forward. We better not here any rumors of anyone assisting him with bars or his career is done. CAN'T WAIT FOR HIS YELLING AT YOU FLOW TO fucking end. He couldn't respond to Cyssero, Cassidy, or Gillie on wax so don't even think about a diss track.

Fuck it, find Drake's ghostwriters:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/So_Far_Gone_(mixtape)#Track_listing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/So_Far_Gone_(EP)#Track_listing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thank_Me_Later#Track_listing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Take_Care_(album)#Track_listing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing_Was_the_Same#Track_listing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_You're_Reading_This_It's_Too_Late#Track_listing

Now for some quality Max B.

Yeah, you right, I'm on one no pun intended. Sorry people. It's people that can attack Drake but Meek ain't the one. If Lupe said this cool because his catalog and body of work is dope. Meek's artistry has a short shelf life as the streets are finicky. This is like riding with OG Maco over J. Cole.

Speaking of J. Cole, I'll pit J. Cole's Warmup's, Friday Night Lights', and a solid third of Cole World's struggle bars against Meek's career. Just the struggle bars alone we not even talking production. Warmup might lowkey shit on Meek's discography.

On to some positivity: Omen released an album. How is it? How good are the struggle bars?

What evidence did Flex provide? If I'm Drake then Hot 97 is getting sued ASAP between these stunts and Ebro/Rosenberg speaking on things they aren't 100 percent certain of. They're trying to end his career and this is not funny.

Flex Hogan has painted himself into a corner between this incident and the Hov situation he started. Who the fuck is Flex to stand for the cultuah?

None of this changes Drake's legacy until proof comes to light. A few bars Quentin spits on a reference track does not count. We don't know what Kendrick and TDE doing as far as assists go. Ditto for every young artist on a label affiliated with a crew.

full

overcast

Furyous sometimes our favorite rappers are great and stuff.. And sometimes they're complete frauds who share more in common with Bruno Mars than the greats.

Happens.

So since I'm going to the Nicki Minaj concert on the 28th, it should be interesting to see what happens when Meek comes out.

Over under him being booed or chirped?

Tokubetsu

Good for Future. Seems like more often than not trap albums from "big" artists don't go anywhere, sales wise. Young Thug was allegedly That Dude yet couldn't sell 20k in a week; Lil Durk outsold his ass. If Quan put out a project it probably wouldn't sell well either. Yet both have put out countless mixtapes that have been well received by fans.

There's a tier of rappers who went from mixtapes to albums with success (Drake, Cole, Kendrick, Big Sean, Meek, etc) and there's guys like Big K.R.I.T. who haven't been able to pull it off. And there are even more trap rappers who fail at that. I wonder what was different this time. Was it simply the free music beforehand that compelled folks to support him? Was it as culmination of years of building and supporting a fanbase? Is it simply that he's the hottest dude in rap right now and has transcended the typically urban trap scene to reach enough of the mainstream to do numbers?

he talks about it a little in the documentary and I mentioned it here earlier but a part of is not shunning his mixtape successes and the singles they produced. Why drop another single off the album when you already have 2-3 from mixtapes that are just now getting serious radio rotations? Let that build your hype and carry your album to sales. Trap Niggas, Real Sisters and Commas (especially) just gaining traction why fuck that up? Put them on the album as bonus tracks, drop the album asap and if you get more singles from the album even better.

he talks about it a little in the documentary and I mentioned it here earlier but a part of is not shunning his mixtape successes and the singles they produced. Why drop another single off the album when you already have 2-3 from mixtapes that are just now getting serious radio rotations? Let that build your hype and carry your album to sales. Trap Niggas, Real Sisters and Commas (especially) just gaining traction why fuck that up? Put them on the album as bonus tracks, drop the album asap and if you get more singles from the album even better.
Yeah he talks about this on Like I Never Left

i don't think there'll be a diss track, it's too soon for drake. but if this fuckery continues it might happen in a few weeks.

i pray he gets the whole writing team in the war room and they give us something similar to stay schemin. 'bitch you wasn't with me shooting in the gym' was the line of the summer when that released.
rejoice.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom