• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half of chapters in Ryse beaten in 90 minutes ?

Derrick01

Banned
Really? A lot of the previews have been fairly positive. Agree there have been some negative opinions but most of them relate to the older build shown at E3 - most of the recent previews have said they are pleasantly surprised...

Still, it's not a game at the top of my wanted list - perhaps once it hits £25 i'll take a punt.

Knack previews were positive as well. Previews in general usually are so that's why when you see a bunch of outlets already calling a game boring and that it has awful gameplay it doesn't bode well.

Amir0x

Banned
Naughty Dog said 12-16 for TLOU and that was pretty accurate for me. I don't know if they were accurate with other games though

But yeah, developers exaggerate all the time. They're trying to sell a game. Nobody want's to say a single player game is only 4 hours long

The other thing is that it may not be them exaggerating, but being intentionally misleading about it. For example, they may say "the game has 40 hours of content", although that'd probably only be accurate for the slowest of the casuals, and 25 hours of that content is repetitive side missions or something :p

I highly doubt Ryse will be 3 hours though. So I'm inclined to think the dev is probably close to the average.

Knack previews were positive as well. Previews in general usually are so that's why when you see a bunch of outlets already calling a game boring and that it has awful gameplay it doesn't bode well.

There were many quite negative Knack previews. Overall the reception to it was not good.

However I agree that preview-speak tends to use lots of noncommittal euphemisms, so when you see actual negativity in previews, that's pretty much a critical death sentence. I've read enough of them in my life to know.

KiTA

I like how the dev posts saying it's 6-8 hours on average, as if that's some sort of defense. Holy christ, has gaming devolved to the point that a 7 hour experience is in any way acceptable?

Top Bottom