• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half of chapters in Ryse beaten in 90 minutes ?

Maulik

This guy says it took him 7 hours. But he does work for MS.

screenshot2013-11-141pjf1k.png

1 hour to play the game. 6 hours to drop the money off at polygon.

Yeah, Killzone is still looking strong as far as launch exclusives.

Ryse looks shit. DR3 looks like a technical mess (otherwise it would have been good, I expect mediocre reviews). Forza 5 is lacking features.

I bet DR3 reviews better than people are expecting, given the backlash in the press against all this tech talk.

Gestault

Boy, if the game is as short as the previewer fears, you'd think they could finish playing it and report a more confident account of their experience. Novel idea, I know.

ironcreed

Banned
7 hours would be acceptable, so I'll just have to wait and see. Plus there is gladiator mode that I have interest in as well.

cdkee

Banned
Polygon 9/10

"Ryse is an exceptional game, the length is absolutely perfect for the genre, and the game runs at an amazing and sharp 900p. The visual fidelity is unmatched on consoles."

Mifune

Mehmber
My prediction? Ryse is Xbox One's Knack in regards to reviews....Deadrising does decent in reviews, perhaps like Killzone-ish scores in the 7s and 8s and maybe taking a hit thanks to framerate issues...Forza gets at least 9s.

I think this is dead-on. Although I feel Dead Rising is going to fare better than people are expecting.

This seems like it may be more rushed than DR3 since it's a complete reboot of a Kinect sci fi shooter or whatever it was supposed to be originally. I doubt it's 3 hours but yeah this game is looking like it will get slaughtered.

I bet DR3 reviews better than people are expecting, given the backlash in the press against all this tech talk.

think forza will review ok. praises for the impact triggers and stuff lose points for less stuff. 8's?

DR3 will be divisive no doubt, so probably around 60s 70s average.

Ryse is gonna get knack scores.

Pachimari

I'm really doubting if I should get this game. And I really need the Xbox One reviews!

There's really no Xbox One launch games that screams "get this with your shiny new console!".

Betty

Banned
My prediction? Ryse is Xbox One's Knack in regards to reviews....Deadrising does decent in reviews, perhaps like Killzone-ish scores in the 7s and 8s and maybe taking a hit thanks to framerate issues...Forza gets at least 9s.

I can see this being the case, but maybe more optimistic soundbites from the DR3 reviews than Killzone's

Launch games gonna launch. Every new system, whether handheld or console always promises the best launch line up ever! But they are always going to be half baked offerings. People being surprised by their mediocrity is the only surprising thing.

I don't know, Vita's launch remains the best.

I knew it. The devs wouldn't talk about it when they streamed it.
Yeah, when asked about how many hours on average to the campaign they joked and deflected and said "a gazillion".

It'd be surprising for something like Beyond: Two Souls to make for a much longer cinematic content experience.

I wonder what the prospects are, if any, for replayability.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
If it's four hours long but it's still fun/pretty, I'm in. I don't play games based on how long they are.

I don't play game based on length, either, but there is something known as too short of a game. A four hour game heavily imprinted with QTEs? You must be ballin'.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
You don't hide your true colors at all; I commend you. Tell me this, if DR3 is a blast to play, has great gameplay options, etc why would it get slaughtered?

Even by the most positive previews, the game's performance has been noted as extremely rough with massive and frequent frame rate drops. Obviously I could be off, and certainly it's all subjective anyway, but from the videos that have been shown I would be very surprised if the performance of the game was given a pass to the point of not affecting things much.

We'll see though.

And while I certainly have my system of preference, I don't think anything I'm saying here is particularly tinted or not repeated by most previews of the game.

eh, 1080p vs. 720p is one thing. But low frame rate (especially in the tens of fps) without question affects gameplay.

Next gen games off to a great start, ugh.

The picture always looks better from afar. This happens every launch. We will get awesome games with awesome graphics down the road, so I am not too stressed about launch. My PS3 has lasted nigh 7 years as well.

Top Bottom