• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 Classic Multiplayer in 1080p/60fps IGN First

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
So can we play as a girl Spartan in Halo 2 Anniversary?

I don't remember the answer to this question.

Nope, sorry - out of scope - we needed two buckets and the rational thing was "regular spartan" or "Elite" for obvious reasons.

Sowwy. But you can in 4, obviously.

Anniversary H2

Does H2A have customization for Spartans/Elites for that matter

Yes.

Nope, sorry - out of scope - we needed two buckets and the rational thing was "regular spartan" or "Elite" for obvious reasons.

Sowwy. But you can in 4, obviously.

Thanks for answering, and I understand! I'll definitely give H4 a few games here and there. Love me some Team Slayer on Haven.

reddish

Neo Member
As much as I'm looking forward to the many AAA games coming the rest of this year, I honestly think they're all going in my backlog to make room for this.

Haven't been this hyped for a release in ages, and unlike prior months, IGN First is actually turning out really great so far.

Very excited to seeing what new they've done with Forge.

VinFTW

What do you think it referred to?

I think he means that it directly called it bad?

As much as I'm looking forward to the many AAA games coming the rest of this year, I honestly think they're all going in my backlog to make room for this.

Haven't been this hyped for a release in ages, and unlike prior months, IGN First is actually turning out really great so far.

Very excited to seeing what new they've done with Forge.

Couldn't agree more! And I don't even feel bad about it!

Can't wait.

Best Bungie game that is gonna get released this year.

Lpvsnlk.gif

Nice OT name.

On topic, game is looking good. Would buy an X1 to play this collection if I didn't hate Microsoft, 343i is doing a mighty fine job so far with this.

clav

Halo 2 classic.

:O

The only thing now is I'm concerned about the netcode for Halo 1. Dedis, but what does it look like in action?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Frank, is what we just saw the final build, or is this earlier build footage?

Almost every time you see video, it's from an older build. Stability, then production times, then whatever gap there is between our delivery of the assets and when they air. Usually you should assume at LEAST a month and for live events, depends what we're showing but we've shown three month old stuff because it's stable and tested before.

Murdoch

So just to clarify there are effectively 5 multiplayer versions in this game. Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 2 AE, Halo 3 and Halo 4?

Mix

So just to clarify there are effectively 5 multiplayer versions in this game. Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 2 AE, Halo 3 and Halo 4?

Nope, list goes as follows:

Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 2A, Halo 3, Halo 4 and Halo 5: Guardians Beta. ;)
looks like 6 to me.

The hype intensifies to unbearable levels. I hope digital preorders unlock with local time zones, me being in the East U.S. factors into this ;). I have seen some digital preorders on Xbox One unlocking at 12:01 EDT. Hopefully this does as well, please Frankie, make it happen.

MORT1S

Almost every time you see video, it's from an older build. Stability, then production times, then whatever gap there is between our delivery of the assets and when they air. Usually you should assume at LEAST a month and for live events, depends what we're showing but we've shown three month old stuff because it's stable and tested before.

Does this mean that things like the spartan shields, and dirt particles in the CE MP vids will or have been fixed?

For clarity...

the shields seem like the shader has the U tiling too high, and the V tiling too low or something.

The dirt kick is supposed to sample the color of the material causing the kick. In the gulch footage, the particles are dark brown instead of the yellow-orange they should be.

Madness

I see. Thanks for answering. Only 3.5 weeks from launch now. I assume the game has, or is about to go "gold" internally? Either way can't wait!

Videos look unnaturally sped up/smoothed from post processing.

Perhaps you guys don't realize/know what 60fps actually looks like. These videos are closer to 120 "smooth" functions on TVs that interject frames.

Top Bottom