• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 Classic Multiplayer in 1080p/60fps IGN First

Frankie, cross posting from HaloGAF -

Is that medal flasher/ticker final? I'm confused as to why it takes up so much screen real estate.

Haxxona

Banned
Moments like these question my decision of buying a PS4 instead of a XONE, why did you have to force Kinect on release MS just why???
I so want a Xbox One again but I already am heavily invested in the PS ecosystem that it would be hard to do just that.

Madness

I can't stop watching. Honestly I think 60FPS will make such a difference to the gameplay. I don't even care about what resolution they get for Halo 5, but I hope they target locked 60.

I wonder what would happen if I fired up Halo 4 in this game, got another controller, went split screen onto Wreckage or Shatter, started firing incineration cannons and throwing grenades. Whether the frame rate would drop or not.

Leyasu

Banned
Moments like these question my decision of buying a PS4 instead of a XONE, why did you have to force Kinect on release MS just why???
I so want a Xbox One again but I already am heavily invested in the PS ecosystem that it would be hard to do just that.

I nearly let GAF influence my purchase last year in the run up to launch. I had both pre-ordered with a second kid on the way... Halo was one of the reasons why I have an xbone now.

No regrets .... Hmm just a shame they gimped to fuck the console

Haxxona

Banned
I nearly let GAF influence my purchase last year in the run up to launch. I had both pre-ordered with a second kid on the way... Halo was one of the reasons why I have an xbone now.

No regrets .... Hmm just a shame they gimped to fuck the console

This is the exact reason(coupled with kinect shoved down the throat on any buyer) is why I had to turn XONE down, my playroom can't even fit a kinect so it was 150€ too much for essentially nothing.
Happy for you though, you get the best of both worlds :)

alexbull_uk

Can't wait. I need some Halo MP in my life again.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to handle seeing the Halo 3 footage.

Mix

It's a reference to the Mjolnir theme from Halo 2. Plus it means mixing all the Master Chief games in one release!

It's perfect! Double meanings!

no, yeah, I get why it's a good title. I love it, but it's still funny. I think Wahrer is the only who's said anything about it.

Props to Dax for the thread title.

guys, there's only 3 Wednesdays left
ScNi1Y2HUf

ref

This is the reason I'm rebuying an Xbox One.

Halo 2 MP is some of my most memorable gaming moments when I was younger.

Pudge

Am I crazy, or is the Splattered medal coming up whenever someone gets a kill in that video? I know they changed some stuff around in H4, but I don't remember that medal changing.

My introduction to Halo multiplayer was Halo 3. This looks fun as fuck, I've been missing out. I can see why Halo 2 is so highly regarded.

feel

Not a huge fan of the anniversary stuff but Halo 2 Classic looked freaking glorious (optional medals aside). Damn give this shit to me!

So just to clarify there are effectively 5 multiplayer versions in this game. Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 2 AE, Halo 3 and Halo 4?
No Halo 4 at all, ever, is an easy choice. But choosing between which to play of the other 4 MPs at a given time will be tough.

Is matchmaking still awkward and unfulfiling as it used to be with the shits maps and weapons starts every other match? Or can now players get to play what they want.

IGN are actually showing what people want in video form and not just screenshots of the flashy pretty stuff.

That's... actually impressive.

Even if I am ignoring the media because I know 100% I'm getting it anyway.

Come on over. Jump in. You know you want to.

KevinG

Why not both? Save up and invest in your hobby.

Top Bottom