• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 beta clips leak (sprint, ADS is *not* COD-style) (more clips and info added)

introducing ADS is not innovating, like, at all. It's also the opposite of solving the shooter stagantion since aside from Counter strike (which is having a huge popularity boost) almost every shooter uses it.
Youre not arguing against anything I said. I don't mind ADS. I don't think it KILLS halo like you do. I also don't think it solves stagnation. What I like about the idea of it is that 343 is at least trying something "new".

First of all Halo was the only and still the only shooter that does what it does. A good game doesn't need to be innovative. Halo is not just about the trinity. It is about movement, map control, weapon control, and fundamentally your skill level. Halo focus more on skill than anything else.You take out any of those elements it is no longer Halo. If we are not able to jump, strafe, and move like we were able to do in the previous iterations with using ADS then the game is no longer Halo. I am just waiting until tomorrow and during the beta before 343 get my hate.

ADS does not make the game no longer halo. Get that Hyperbole outta here.

patapuf

So the drama of the day is people are complaining about sprint, while also complaining they want mindless running and gunning.

Also, having to slow down to aim at something is apparently handholding, as opposed to just hip firing everything, no matter what the distance is.

Makes absolutely no fucking sense to me.

running and gunning is anything but mindless. See: quake

Card Boy

Banned
Yeah Xbone is fucked now, my 2 conditions for ever buying one MCC and Halo 5. Between the 20gig patch for MCC and following the Halo 4 route with Halo 5 i can't in good faith buy a Xbone.

I looked at the clips btw.

Hatchtag

Banned
ADS could get cut, but sprinting won't, and that was honestly the bigger of the problems of Halo 4 for me. That and the fucking terrible weapon spawning system.

Wollveren

Banned
If this is the case, why? Spartans get a camera link to their scope inside their helmets. They have literally zero use for actually looking down their sights. You think they would just retcon that for no reason at all?

If we're going to be realistic/ accurate about it, then it doesn't make any sense for any soldier to hold their weapon the way they do in the game... On the side and just walking around lol, I'm sure spartan soldiers do hold it in front of them from time to time, heck we've seen it in Halo Legends as well.

Sirim

Wow, after getting membership here, I don't know why I go anywhere else to talk about design choices. The best I get is "THEY'RE BOTH PRETTY MUCH TEH SAME". It's disheartening :/

Heal me GAF in thine knowledgeable, relatively tranquil light
You're getting a lot of that here too, unfortunately.

I just hope it's like ADS in Killing Floor, where the actual accuracy is not affected at all, so as to balance the whole aiming business in favor of not using it.

Vire

What's the deal here? Is it just the animation of him moving?...

wvMMMsR.png

Alienous

As was said in the other thread I'm thinking that the sight might be an attachment. It doesn't sit on the weapon well.

That would mean the return of loadouts, though.

Sai-kun

Banned
If we're going to be realistic/ accurate about it, then it doesn't make any sense for any soldier to hold their weapon the way they do in the game... On the side and just walking around lol, I'm sure spartan soldiers do hold it in front of them from time to time, heck we've seen it in Halo Legends as well.

I'm not being realistic, I'm saying how it works for Spartans in the Halo universe.

MORTALIS

Roughly 3.5 hours and 2400 posts. Is Halo still a playable character? If not, 343 will not see another dime from me.

Never change Gaf.

introducing ADS is not innovating, like, at all. It's also the opposite of solving the shooter stagantion since aside from Counter strike (which is having a huge popularity boost) almost every shooter uses it.
When a mechanic adds new risk/reward decisions it should be definitely considered imho. Halo has always been a hipfire game so I think the design should favor that, but including ADS to allow a player to sacrifice mobility and situational awareness to help land shots at a weapons maximum range seems like a positive.

Doesn't it really come down to tuning? If there is no penalty for hipfiring at short/short-medium range whats the problem?

And I'm not sure why ADS means you can't keep the classic system of getting knocked out of zoom rather than the flinch system they used in Halo 4.

Kiru

/Conspiracy mode ON
What if the new footage is a controlled leak to counter all ADS talk ?!
/Conspiracy mode OFF

Top Bottom