• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 beta clips leak (sprint, ADS is *not* COD-style) (more clips and info added)

RoKKeR

What's the deal here? Is it just the animation of him moving?...

wvMMMsR.png

Looks like he is dashing forward with boosters or something. It happens in another one of the clips too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If ADS is in the game, then I really have lost hope in 343i, and feel stupid for championing them transitioning the franchising so well in Halo 4.

All that talk of being in tune with the community, being aware of what we want, and then you go and make the same mistakes you make with Halo 4: proving you no longer wish to be leaders in the FPS space but followers that find comfort in homogenized mechanics in the genre that even fundamentally do not add much to the combat, or again make sense in the lore.

It's painful watching your favourite franchise contorted before your eyes, and if this is true, then I'm not sure what there is to look forward to, or what bit of uniquely Halo qualities are left.

I can't even fucking fathom why they would think this would be a good idea after the reaction to Halo 4 which's community died off ultra quick just for being more similar than dissimilar to your average FPS. Like, if you learned ANYTHING from Halo 4, it would have been not to go further in this direction.

Youre not arguing against anything I said. I don't mind ADS. I don't think it KILLS halo like you do. I also don't think it solves stagnation. What I like about the idea of it is that 343 is at least trying something "new".

ADS does not make the game no longer halo. Get that Hyperbole outta here.

If it feels like COD/Battlefield yes it does. If you are not a fan of the series nor someone who put put countless hours in to the game you really have no say.

patapuf

Youre not arguing against anything I said. I don't mind ADS. I don't think it KILLS halo like you do. I also don't think it solves stagnation. What I like about the idea of it is that 343 is at least trying something "new".

In MP it absolutely changes halo into something that is not an Arena Shooter anymore.

I like devs introducing new mechanics, ADS is not new or even interesting considering how the franchise has played so far.

RavenH2

Grenade launcher?

I think it's somo kind of AA or Special Attack that recharges. Notice the bullet count doesn't decrease when he shoots the "grenade", and a frame later the red flashing icon appears next to his shield bar.

Also I think the gun looks like the smg? Could be wrong

Akai__

Just because you don't see ADS in these gifs doesn't mean they are not in. Also I'm not sure, if it's the running animation, but he places the AR in the middle in the first gif at the end.

I'm really curious how this will turn out tomorrow. The reveal can't come soon enough.

Wollveren

Banned
jymdot.png

Where that scope at?

Is it weird that I just BURST out into laughter when I read your post, hahaha thank you mate, really made my night haha.

That what I'm saying the entire time, sorry Shinobi, I am new here so not very familiar with your work but I think you're mistaken :S

I shared the picture like 20 pages back, will share it again if thats fine :)

HkF69K0.png

If you don't know what would make a good halo game I can't trust you to tell me what would make a good halo game.

It's not my job to tell you what would make a good Halo game, that's 343i's job.

Based on the Halo community's reception to H4 and this preliminary info on H5, how would you say they're doing? Well?

dcelone53

Neo Member
Sooo the posts saying ADS is "pretty much" the focus is bullshit right? Day long freak out for nothing. For a game that's a year away... Got it :)

Grenade launcher?
The player did a backwards thrust which made the SMG kick. Looks like using the thrusters takes away the ability to shoot for the duration of the animation. At least it's fast and in first person. Also appears to have a cooldown(see the red caution triangle next to the shield bar).

Just because you don't see ADS in these gifs doesn't mean they are not in. Also I'm not sure, if it's the running animation, but he places the AR in the middle in the first gif at the end.

I'm really curious how this will turn out tomorrow. The reveal can't come soon enough.

Yeah, but hip fire seems to be intact, so that's a big push in the "purely cosmetic sights" direction.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Probably makes no sense because you've never played anything except shitty military shooters in your life

Or maybe I'm just using real world common sense here.

I should probably dumb it down to videogame level, where aiming is dumb, and running around while hip firing is normal.

Top Bottom