• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 - Game Informer details

I'm extremely excited for this game, even more than I was for Halo 4. The only thing that concerns me with the game is the amount of time that will be spent playing as Locke instead of Chief. If Locke is the character for the majority of the game I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Motherfucker...this is insane

Multiple route on each level
No gold required for co-op
Free DLC
20 maps at launch

Omggg

Hip Hop

Whoa, that is a lot of maps straight at launch. Don't they get like half that count in past games? And some are just straight from the Forge mode, instead of full fledged maps, which is annoying.

FREE MAPS skbgfdkbgfdkbgfdf

About time!

You want a game to have a good chance of a long community, thats a good way to raise your chances.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
  • XBL Gold is not required for online co-op.
  • Halo 5 will launch with over 20 multiplayer maps
  • 15 DLC maps by June 2016
  • All maps will be free

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess they have some kind of Mass Effect 3 style microtransaction system.

That or they're really feeling the pressure.

E92 M3

Just please, Frankie, tell me if we will be returning to a ring planet. I want to play on a snowy Halo so badly again.

fwpx

I'll believe all of this when I see the reviews. These guys have a lot to prove after the horrible situation that was the MCC

pizzacat

Banned
35 by the end of the july 2016?

all free

343 its almost as if youre trying to make me forgive you for something

Online co-op not behind Gold and free maps?

Man, MS is going all out to try and make sure Halo 5 MP doesn't go the same way as Halo 4 MP.

What are they even going to reveal at e3? I'm guessing solely gameplay footage now that most of the actual info is out.

free maps, free co op, Battlefield game mode, blue team, and best of all #TeamLocke

StephCurryCelebration.gif

Bronion

• Whether playing as Chief or Locke, you're accompanied by a fireteam of 3 A.I. which you can command/issue orders to in the campaign
  • Highlighting an enemy and hitting up on the D-Pad orders your team to assault an enemy
  • Other commands include picking up certain weapons, using turrets, driving warthog, etc
  • AI teammates can revive you as well

Republic Commando 2.0 - with Blue Team!

I'm so excited :'D

Somnia

I have a feeling the show will open with the Halo 5 campaign demo and then show off the new multiplayer mode.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess they have some kind of Mass Effect 3 style microtransaction system.

That or they're really feeling the pressure.

No way. Feeling the pressure for sure. And they want Halo to shine again with bigger better community so it all makes sense. They cant afford to split their player base I guess.

Gonna be awesome

Top Bottom