• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 - Game Informer details

solis74

free maps, free co op, Battlefield game mode, blue team, and best of all #TeamLocke

StephCurryCelebration.gif

Lol

Compsiox

Banned
HOLY FUCK I LOVE IT ALL. THEY FUCKING KILLED IT!!

HYPE:

[0%----------------------------------------------------100%]------------------------------------>∞%

If the fireteam commanding is done right then I literally love everything.

Free maps instead of DLC is the best thing ever. No more community splits.

shandy706

I'll believe all of this when I see the reviews. These guys have a lot to prove after the horrible situation that was the MCC

I don't understand why people tie MCC to Halo 5 (as far as development of an individual game). 343i didn't put together MCC. It was multiple other studios.

Halo 4 wasn't some horrible crash and burn release with a million glitches.

Will start with Halo like they did with Halo 4 back in 2012.

Start with Halo and end with Rare or an old Rare IP being developed by another studio.

Oscar

Will reserve judgement until we see some live MP footage from E3.

LOVED Halo 1-3, Reach felt odd, and by Halo 4 I was no longer interested.

Can't exactly pin point what it is that turned me off, but I hope this game reignites the love I had for this series. I miss it.

JB1981

AI partners and commands in a Halo game? Well I'm very skeptical of having those kinds of mechanics in a Halo shooter.

The new mp mode will definitely be some Battlefield kind of thing. All sandbox elemtens means big maps, vehicles, objectives, etc to me. And according to campaign details they implemented reviving other Spartans, so it totally screams for a battlefield mode, or I prefer of see it as Invasion 2.0

But no splitscreen coop sounds really bad. I played Halo splitscreen coop with a friend of mine since Halo 1 after school. We already were looking forward to finally play a new Halo in coop. But no, for the first time in 14 years we wont be able to play splitscreen coop? WTF

RdN

Hot damn, hitting all the right notes!

The most important is that they finally understood that paid map packs destroyed the Halo community/ Having them free is fantastic.

Also, really excited about this new multiplayer experience. Hoping for something along the lines of Battlefield. Huge maps, lot's of players, etc.

Mesonak

Tons better than the last GI reveal, that's for sure.

Free map DLC is quite the megaton. It's a genius idea and will generate a lot of goodwill.

343 needs to climb their way back out from the hole they've dug themselves into, and while Halo 4 was questionable and MCC was a travesty, I hope that Halo 5 is a success. Everything looks pretty good so far, so color me hyped.

Well if they pull all of that off it would certainly make up for the MCC.

Sounds really interesting. Glad we will get to play with Blue Team as that's something fans I've talked about since the release of Fall of Reach. Looks like this might be a sensible evolution of the series.

Why are people saying this?
All Halo sandbox elements means a lot of vehicles, weapons, objectives, etc. So it has to be like a bigger BTB or Invasion 2.0 - Something like Battlefield. They even build in reviving teammates in campaign, why not using it in a speical mp mode?

Nobody excited that they confirmed that we'll play Locke in the campaign? Was this clear before?
We know that you play as Locke since he was on the very first boxart. There were even rumors that he got more playtime than John

Helznicht

Dedicated MS servers 100% of the time where I can see how gud my connection is or I am not interested. I sat down and played Dirty Bomb last night with a 35 ping, it was glorious. Not going back to ptp bs ever again.

Kinyou

At first I wasn't happy about there always being a team with you, but hearing that you can actually give them commands makes me reconsider that.

Bsigg12

Dedicated MS servers 100% of the time where I can see how gud my connection is or I am not interested. I sat down and played Dirty Bomb last night with a 35 ping, it was glorious. Not going back to ptp bs ever again.

Josh Holmes of 343 has already said the game is running multiplayer completely on dedicated servers. Outside a few hiccups because it was a beta, what we played in January ran great.

Free maps is the way to go, everyone should do it. Make extra money on cosmetic stuff like weapon skins if you have to. Plenty of people will buy that sort of stuff.

Helznicht

Josh Holmes of 343 has already said the game is running multiplayer completely on dedicated servers. Outside a few hiccups because it was a beta, what we played in January ran great.

Did the beta show your ping to the server or at least a color bar indicating connection health?

Top Bottom