• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

i'd be down to play :D

Will be around later tonight trying to grind my way to SR 147.

I'll try to be on after 10 here, driving back from the fam

I'm down to play some. Besides need somebody bad like me so everybody has to try their hardest to make us win.

I'll be on in about 30 mins, so if anyone isn't on my FL, just send a message to "MyExWLFE" and you can jump in too. I can stream it if others are interested.

I'm J Cooper... no shit!
Then the campaign for TF2 is gonna be a trip for you lol

jem0208

I'd add to those two that unacceptable frame rate dips have become a big ticket problem in BTB and the anniversary list. Something maybe sketch could address soon? Was acknowledged immediately by 343 then left to fester.
Oh yeah, definitely. I'd forgotten about that.

Hey ho there Halo fans, I'm here to share my latest mistake

Check out this here thing, scored it for $29.99 United States Regular Dollars at a TJ-Maxx normal business establishment:

20161123_155116.jpg

Pretty neato, right?

First things first, look at the parts! There are multiple... of them. The instruction book is bigger than my head, if my head was somewhat smaller than the book.

20161126_134405%202.jpg

Boy howdy a REQ pack! Surely a set of this majesty and magnitude will have some pretty neat stu-

VultureREQ%20pack.png

----------------------

Suck a dick, Mega Bloks

Check out this here thing, scored it for $29.99 United States Regular Dollars at a TJ-Maxx normal business establishment:

20161123_155116.jpg

Pretty neato, right?

First things first, look at the parts! There are multiple... of them. The instruction book is bigger than my head, if my head was somewhat smaller than the book.

20161126_134405%202.jpg

Boy howdy a REQ pack! Surely a set of this majesty and magnitude will have some pretty neat stu-

VultureREQ%20pack.png

----------------------

Suck a dick, Mega Bloks

O shit, 29.99? I might get on that.

FyreWulff

As a tangent to that, I noticed in the store a couple days ago, the 12" Master Chief doll's UPC ends in 117.

i see what u did thar 343

TCKaos

20161123_155116.jpg

Pretty neato, right?

20161126_134405%202.jpg

VultureREQ%20pack.png

----------------------

Suck a dick, Mega Bloks

See, I'm too obsessed with the minis to buy a bunch of the bigger sets. I stick with the smaller ones, outside of the Falcon and the Tyrant AA Gun.

That and they usually cost a dickload. I cannibalized some minis to make a pretty convincing Reach Mark V one. Painted it and everything.

20161123_155116.jpg

Pretty neato, right?

20161126_134405%202.jpg

VultureREQ%20pack.png

----------------------

Suck a dick, Mega Bloks

Yo for 30 bucks thats pretty dope!

E92 M3

I think they should continue the E-sports and Warzone marketing. The only fuckups were 1. no party matching, people dont like getting slapped over and over, 2. no chill arena experiences, at launch it was either ranked or bye. If you give people a competitive but still casual/fun arena experience it greatly increases the chances of them getting into HCS stuff.

Warzone was decent but very very underdone. T H R E E maps at launch is a fucking travesty with only 2 modes (one being a stripped down version of the other). Not to mention everything was 100% static every.single.game. Until 4 months ago, as well as no at least semi-party matching. (groups of 1-4 match groups of 1-4, 4-8 to 4-8, 8-12 to 8-12).

Then you have things like servers sucking ass, awful maps, aiming sucking, cosmetics being RNGesus, worst BTB in the series, Forge post launch, no fileshare for 10 months, lack of LANs with shoddy pro league etc.

They just need to refine EVERYTHING and h6 could be solid.

Yeah, 343 has no fucking idea what they're doing. I regret all of my req purchases. They are slowly klling off competitive Halo and that's just sad. These guys are directly funded by Microsoft to make Halo great and they can't beat what Bungie did YEARS ago.

Not with that attitude you wont.

Btw you were right, TF2 is siiiick. Shout out to black friday yo

So, I was interested after my last comment and it turns out there are a few humans who have actually beat the top time on the guantlet. Like 3 of them. Fastest I could find was Gamesager with a 20.6 sec time. The video for it is nuts. Dude has practically frame-perfect speed gains the whole time with basically perfect control.

So, after viewing the evidence, I will alter my statement to "only a select few humans" have times low enough to place higher, lol.

See, I'm too obsessed with the minis to buy a bunch of the bigger sets. I stick with the smaller ones, outside of the Falcon and the Tyrant AA Gun.

That and they usually cost a dickload. I cannibalized some minis to make a pretty convincing Reach Mark V one. Painted it and everything.

Well you can't even bring yourself to build Gunpla over 1/144 so I don't know what I expected...

O shit, 29.99? I might get on that.

Yo for 30 bucks thats pretty dope!

Yeah dudes, the Mega Bloks sets go on pretty deep discount near the end of their lifespan (which seems to be pretty short). I've picked up some at Target for 50% off before I think, but even Amazon has pretty decent discounts off the original retail, but of course after a while they become "rare" and the price goes waaay up. Example : $33.99 Broadsword at Amazon, Wal-Mart retail-ish at $59.99

Also, everything is fine

20161126_164127.jpg

JUST FINE~~~~~

daedalius

Coming off the CE playlist and titanfall 2, the standard pistol in team arena just feels awful.

Guess I know why I always play btb (it's because I'm old and can't aim without a lot of aim assist)

So, I was interested after my last comment and it turns out there are a few humans who have actually beat the top time on the guantlet. Like 3 of them. Fastest I could find was Gamesager with a 20.6 sec time. The video for it is nuts. Dude has practically frame-perfect speed gains the whole time with basically perfect control.

So, after viewing the evidence, I will alter my statement to "only a select few humans" have times low enough to place higher, lol.

I was watching this guy on twitch, pretty much sold me on the game.
His was just wrecking, not only is his movement amazing but his awareness and aim is just as good... he went and did a few gauntlet runs and had a time within a second of his best within a couple of minutes, real casual.

psyfi

Banned
(it's because I'm old and can't aim without a lot of aim assist)
I've gotta be one of the older people here (32), but I've only gotten better at Halo over the years. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to keep up with Halo 5's steeper skill curve but I've managed to stay high platinum / low onyx most seasons I've played. My skill drops steeply if I don't play for a few months, though.

I was watching this guy on twitch, pretty much sold me on the game.
His was just wrecking, not only is his movement amazing but his awareness and aim is just as good... he went and did a few gauntlet runs and had a time within a second of his best within a couple of minutes, real casual.

He's a similar style player in Halo (assuming there's a banshee around, not on foot), but he isn't interested in anything but k/d. Objective isn't in his vocabulary from everything I've seen.

If I'm wood tier now, what the hell is going to happen to me when I have kids!?

I'm scared.

Implying kids gunna happen :O

Started up Halo 5 for pretty much the first time since my Spartan company finished the Achilles grind back at the end of September. Jumping straight into Team Arena was a bad idea. Holy windmill aiming. Going to have to jump into Warzone to get my aim back. Would also be nice if my first game wasn't against a to4 that were all 2000+ Onyx.

Karl2177

Everyone! I'm excited to announce that I unlocked the MARK VI PRIMUS helmet tonight! This piece is UNIQUE among almost all of the REQs in that it gives MASTER CHIEF a different color on his upper lip! Can you IMAGINE the difference in GAMEPLAY and CUSTOMIZATION that this is?! An enemy player could see my UPPER LIP and think "that's not on the red team, I won't shoot it." The advantages I would get in ARENA and WARZONE with this is more than NORNFANG, HALO 2 BATTLE RIFLE, HALO CE MAGNUM, TARTARUS' GAVEL, PROPHET'S BANE, the ABYSS visor, WOODLAND SCOUT WARTHOG, CROSSED SWORDS emblem, BREACH stance, MONGOOSE, GAMBIT: ASSIST boost, and KNEE-DFUL THINGS assassination COMBINED!!! I'm truly THANKFUL on this THANKSGIVING weekend for the blessed gift I just received!

ee98ae77-5955-4a81-9422-99cc20edc765.jpg

daedalius

I've gotta be one of the older people here (32), but I've only gotten better at Halo over the years. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to keep up with Halo 5's steeper skill curve but I've managed to stay high platinum / low onyx most seasons I've played. My skill drops steeply if I don't play for a few months, though.

Yea it's pretty bad if I take a break.

I feel pretty decent if I play every other day or so, but most of the time now I just can't do that.

I'll be 35 feb next year, and most of the time I'm more interested in leveling up other skills besides aiming in halo.

I did the hog run at the end of h3 yesterday with my son watching (he loves cars and the warthog especially). When MC activates the halo and is standing in front of the giant blue beam... that's a badass pose.

I kinda wanna paint it.

Everyone! I'm excited to announce that I unlocked the MARK VI PRIMUS helmet tonight! This piece is UNIQUE among almost all of the REQs in that it gives MASTER CHIEF a different color on his upper lip! Can you IMAGINE the difference in GAMEPLAY and CUSTOMIZATION that this is?! An enemy player could see my UPPER LIP and think "that's not on the red team, I won't shoot it." The advantages I would get in ARENA and WARZONE with this is more than NORNFANG, HALO 2 BATTLE RIFLE, HALO CE MAGNUM, TARTARUS' GAVEL, PROPHET'S BANE, the ABYSS visor, WOODLAND SCOUT WARTHOG, CROSSED SWORDS emblem, BREACH stance, MONGOOSE, GAMBIT: ASSIST boost, and KNEE-DFUL THINGS assassination COMBINED!!! I'm truly THANKFUL on this THANKSGIVING weekend for the blessed gift I just received!

ee98ae77-5955-4a81-9422-99cc20edc765.jpg

He's a similar style player in Halo (assuming there's a banshee around, not on foot), but he isn't interested in anything but k/d. Objective isn't in his vocabulary from everything I've seen

Sounds like kampy, btb on the Valhalla remake he grabs the banshee and tries to get the enemy sniper... failed, opposition then had 2 banshees, wrecking all, kampy quits out!

Killionaire or bust!

Sounds like kampy, btb on the Valhalla remake he grabs the banshee and tries to get the enemy sniper... failed, opposition then had 2 banshees, wrecking all, kampy quits out!

Killionaire or bust!

lol - kampy is specifically going for montage clips when he plays anything not FFA basically (and he's a generally good fellow). Gamesager is just there to farm to see how much he can get and fuck you if you wanted to have a competitive match.

Madness

Just look at how the UI menu looks when you have players partied up. That is how it should have been, have all players see each other, get some trash talk going. A lot of people said at launch going blind in was better because people less likely to quit if they saw gamertags, but there has yet to be a single day I have played this game without someone quitting.

lol - kampy is specifically going for montage clips when he plays anything not FFA basically (and he's a generally good fellow). Gamesager is just there to farm to see how much he can get and fuck you if you wanted to have a competitive match.

yeah I really like kampy, the only non pro streamer I watch (sometimes I watch dr disrespect because he's funny).

HTupolev

Same but if it is anything like the PS4 Pro and the requirement for all games to be playable on all Xbox One consoles, I have a feeling we will get a Halo 6 developed for base Xbox One and only 'prettied' up for Scorpio as opposed to developing unhindered on Scorpio and paring down experience for Xbox One and Xbox One S.
"Scorpio fixes vehicle headlights to look vaguely correct."

Sold.

BizzyBum

Gotta love getting deliberately betrayed in Breakout to ruin your immortal.

Edit: I'm trying to play Breakout to accomplish some of these comms but it's just brutal. 99% of the playlist is just super tryhard teams of 4 who practice this horrid mode.

Top Bottom