• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: MCC Multiplayer "1th" patch "fix" live!

airplane.gif

Still broken on my end. Failed to connect to three different games after a few minutes searching each time in H2A. Now 'players found' in H2A and nothing for a few minutes. Open NAT and still complete shit. I can't wait for Pier Solar to finish downloading, maybe Halo will be fixed in the next month. 343, whether it is your fault directly or not, I blame you. You are the shepards of all things Halo and this has been a disastrous launch for a game of this caliber. I'm so disappointed.

Random17

Based off of the impressions in this thread and the OTs, it appears as if it is still inconsistent but functionality has been improved. (This post was written 20 minutes after the patch was launched)

Basically MORE people are finding games but still with weird player counts. Others are not finding games at all but this is still VERY early.

I expect it to improve in the next 1-2 hours as more people get the patch, but I think it is quite clear there is still a lot of progress to be made. In the next day we should know whether or not matchmaking is consistent enough to be reasonably playable.

Based off of the impressions in this thread and the OTs, it appears as if it is still inconsistent but functionality has been improved. (This post was written 20 minutes after the patch was launched)

Basically MORE people are finding games but still with weird player counts. Others are not finding games at all but this is still VERY early.

I expect it to improve in the next 1-2 hours as more people get the patch but I think it is quite clear there is still a lot of progress to be made. In the next day we should know whether or not matchmaking is consistent enough to be reasonably playable.

You'll need to wait more hours/days, not all Halo gamers are sitting by their xbox each hour of each day :)

garbagejuicer

Neo Member
Downloaded super fast for me. Trying BTB right now, not looking good. Says players found but has been 4 or 5 minutes. Maybe everyone else is updating?

i just read they removed the CE hitsound beep

huge step backwards imo, theres no way to tell if you hit more than just one shot or not now
i guess the devs thought due to the better hit registration the shield lightup will do so now but thats not true
the shield will light up for quite some time on the first hit so you basically get no real feedback on your follow-up shots and hits for as long as the shield continues to light
i mean it could still light because of the first shot, or is it because of your 4th or 5th shot?!

man why not just reduce the beep volume, that would have been perfectly fine :/

Got into a match in less than a min. 10/10 people. Halo 2 Anni playlist.

Game was them leading by 5 the whole game, we evened it at 38ish, took the lead at 43ish, they won by two kills in the end.

Dont care. Multiplayer works. Halo is awesome.

Slixshot

Banned
Got into a match in less than a min. 10/10 people. Halo 2 Anni playlist.

Game was them leading by 5 the whole game, we evened it at 38ish, took the lead at 43ish, they won by two kills in the end.

Dont care. Multiplayer works. Halo is awesome.

Fuck yeah.

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
got into a match, but then the screen turned black and said host migration in progress D: then it kicked me out of the game.

Guys, keep in mind that it seems not everyone is getting prompted for the update at once yet, so not everyone out there has it yet apparently.

SlyQuaker

Banned
First match connected fairly fast and just completed it without a hitch. That's even with going into the ranked playlist which probably takes longer because of the trueskill matchmaking.

Top Bottom