• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo MCC patch out tomorrow.

Even if they are obligated to do so, these are still real people doing the overtime work. I would guess that most of the people fixing the game had no control over when or in what shape the game would release. Yet these are the people working OT hours trying to fix it so that I can play it. I am still grateful for their effort regardless of who made a mistake.

In that case I am grateful for the employees of the water district that keeps 343's tap water clean, that's super relevent to me as a consumer.

Hint: No one is mad at those guys. They didn't push the game out the door, or market it.

Madness

In that case I am grateful for the employees of the water district that keeps 343's tap water clean, that's super relevent to me as a consumer.

Hint: No one is mad at those guys. They didn't push the game out the door, or market it.

If you need to vent that's cool, but do you even have a coherent point anymore? They're working on all issues. They are working on the bigger ones first. So the best you can do is wait.

I think it's time to chill and get off the computer or whatever device you are using and go for a walk.

Broman1978

What about the crash in Halo 3 when I have Swedish language in settings? Whenever I start a Halo 3 map or mission the GAme freezes then crash into the dashboard. But when I change to English/US Location it works just fine.

Booshka

I hope the CE shot registration and hitbox fixes work really well, game is extremely rough off-host right now. Just hope they don't overdo the hitboxes and make it easier than it should be to land headshots. Last thing CE needs is overly forgiving hitboxes like the rest of the Halo games have. That's where a lot of the skill gap in shooting comes from, you aren't gifted shots like you are in other Halo games by generous hitboxes.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet, hope it works! I'd umm really like to play some Halo.

furious

Banned
Are you kidding? Why else would I buy it day one? Why do I have an XBox? Of course I want to play the game! What a ridiculous accusation to make from someone who won't criticize the people who sold him half a product at full price.

Half of 4 games is still 2 whole games for the price of one.

GavinGT

Banned
I hope the CE shot registration and hitbox fixes work really well, game is extremely rough off-host right now. Just hope they don't overdo the hitboxes and make it easier than it should be to land headshots. Last thing CE needs is overly forgiving hitboxes like the rest of the Halo games have. That's where a lot of the skill gap in shooting comes from, you aren't gifted shots like you are in other Halo games by generous hitboxes.

I don't understand. Are these supposed to be netcode improvements? I don't see what the problem is now, aside from shot lead distance (which is already a huge improvement over PC, but far from ideal).

And I agree that simply making the headshot hitboxes bigger would be an awful way to remedy the issue.

Even if they are obligated to do so, these are still real people doing the overtime work. I would guess that most of the people fixing the game had no control over when or in what shape the game would release. Yet these are the people working OT hours trying to fix it so that I can play it. I am still grateful for their effort regardless of who made a mistake.

This is a disgusting attitude and you should be ashamed. Millions of people paid a lot of money for a product that was advertised as working. It didn't work. You should never be grateful for them fixing it, you should deserve it.

StuBurns

Banned
This is a disgusting attitude and you should be ashamed. Millions of people paid a lot of money for a product that was advertised as working. It didn't work. You should never be grateful for them fixing it, you should deserve it.
His post is about addressing the blame. I.E. Don't hate 343 because their publisher shipped a game before it was finished.

harSon

Banned

Jesus, he can feel whatever damn emotion he wants to feel regarding the subject.

Booshka

I don't understand. Are these supposed to be netcode improvements? I don't see what the problem is now, aside from shot lead distance (which is already a huge improvement over PC, but far from ideal).

And I agree that simply making the headshot hitboxes bigger would be an awful way to remedy the issue.

I don't know the details, but I wish I did. CE Online and the strange, mysterious shit that that entails is fascinating to me. Would like a fully blown out write-up about it, diagrams and equations, all that jazz.

Vestal

Gold Member

The hell is this? Holy shit.

btrboyev

The patch says nothing about fixing how difficult it is to actually join and make a party. I hope it is just magically fixed, because it would take restarts of the game sometimes to be able to join up with a friend.

Yaqoub

This update could make or break my weekend. I'm pumped though. LET'S GO.

Also no input lag fix for CE's online co-op? Hoping it'll be in the next update.

Friday night customs are a go...

(Hopefully!)

Do we know if they've added the 'Make Party Leader' functionality to lobbies? I found it totally bizarre that it was missing!

watership

Also no input lag fix for CE's online co-op? Hoping it'll be in the next update.

I think the co-op issues with Halo games 1-3 was due to how the games were built. Anyone with more knowledge can chime in here, but I am guessing that fixing that portion of the games would require rebuilding the games, rather than remastering them.

EatMyFace

Banned
His post is about addressing the blame. I.E. Don't hate 343 because their publisher shipped a game before it was finished.
343 is as much to blame as Microsoft is. They're the ones who send out a "finished" product to market. If 343 needed more time they should have asked for more time.

StuBurns

Banned
343 is as much to blame as Microsoft is. They're the ones who send out a "finished" product to market. If 343 needed more time they should have asked for more time.
Developers don't get to just delay games. Who's to say they didn't ask? Ultimately Microsoft Studios decide when a game releases, and in what state. The developer just does what they can within the time/budget allotted.

Omni

Will we ever get a safe zone option for Halo 2's HUD? Halo 2 Vista had the option

I currently have to play with a bit of it cut out and it's distracting. Can't be that hard to implement.

Defect

I've played through all of H2-4 and some CE missions in online co-op and had no lag whatsoever.

Yaqoub

I've played through all of H2-4 and some CE missions in online co-op and had no lag whatsoever.

Not for me. I have Open NAT in case you're wondering and my friend doesn't even live too far away and I get input lag with movement even lol. Maybe you were hosting? Host won't feel any lag, only people joining the host's session.

Just tried CE's co-op so I don't know if this problem persists with other games.

I think the co-op issues with Halo games 1-3 was due to how the games were built. Anyone with more knowledge can chime in here, but I am guessing that fixing that portion of the games would require rebuilding the games, rather than remastering them.

For the record I don't remember having input lag in Halo 3 on 360 back in the day.

Matchmaking is more important to me though so crossing my fingers.

Defect

Not for me. I have Open NAT in case you're wondering and my friend doesn't even live too far away and I get input lag with movement even lol. Maybe you were hosting? Host won't feel any lag, only people joining the host's session.

Just tried CE's co-op so I don't know if this problem persists with other games.

For the record I don't remember having input lag in Halo 3 on 360 back in the day.

Matchmaking is more important to me though so crossing my fingers.
I played with one friend and we switched up the host a few times and neither of us had lag. I was pleasantly surprised as i was expecting CE to be the worst one regarding input lag. It felt like I was playing single player.

Yaqoub

I played with one friend and we switched up the host a few times and neither of us had lag. I was pleasantly surprised as i was expecting CE to be the worst one regarding input lag. It felt like I was playing single player.

Me so jelly. I wonder what factors into this? How far are you from your friend? Playing on the same network?

Hope a dev can give their input.

Defect

Me so jelly. I wonder what factors into this? How far are you from your friend? Playing on the same network?

Hope a dev can give their input.
I am in NJ and he is in NY. Not that far from each other. I don't know what they did but it works great for me.

Guerrilla

YES!

I so hope this will be everything we expect it to be. If not

jaxs%2B2%2Bgif.gif

Thanks for keeping is in the loop Frankie, goes a long way...

Still nothing about the broken checkpoint saves? Can't believe that hasn't been addressed.

I had a few minutes to play last night, and decided to play sunset overdrive instead, as I didn't trust mcc not to lose my progress :( feel like I can only play atm if I have time to complete a whole level.

Frankie, can you clarify how widespread the checkpoint/progress issue is? Was it only CE and The Library? I've seen some mention of h2 too. Are you able to suggest ballpark eta for a resolution?

Finally thanks to the guys and gals who are doubtless working insane hours now to resolve all this. Regardless of the arguments around releasing a game with issues, I know there's a lot of people having a nightmare time right now & their efforts to make it right are appreciated.

Top Bottom