• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Screw frames per second... why is matchmaking starting games 2v4? Almost every game I've seen on Bloma's stream has been started with uneven teams :(

Might have something to do with the fact that a relatively small number of people have access to the game right now.

I'm hoping it's just because the population is so low.

I hope so. He's in a party of two, game finds four more people, his team gets two of them and two random guys are left on their own. Must be a bug or something related to small population right guys?

,,, guys? Right?

The Flash

Banned
I hope so. He's in a party of two, game finds four more people, his team gets two of them and two random guys are left on their own. Must be a bug or something related to small population right guys?

,,, guys? Right?

I sincerely doubt that it's because of some bug. Low population = uneven team placement.

DJ Gunner

Ehh large drops from 60 can be much more annoying and an overall worse experience than a locked 30 fps. Hopefully they are very rare occurrences. I personally almost never play splitscreen but I am worried about the report that there are major fps drops on Stonetown even without split screen.

Except every past Halo release was anything BUT locked 30 fps. 3 was the worst offender for me- there was a constant judder in MP that most people didn't seem to detect but it drove me totally nuts.

Point is, based on the information we currently have, all the games run smoother than their original versions did- especially CE and 2 classic.

Lucky for you that's not needed for Halo 3.

TediousCleverArmedcrab.gif

Strider

So. Anyone making a thread in gaming section for this launch invitational?

I mean exposure n views n "King is back" n stuffs ya know.

danwarb

Variable fps is always worse then stable. Espeically if its vsynced like mp, the drops will feel even worse

True if there are frequent sharp drops.

They've all looked pretty smooth in the 60fps footage I've seen. Only CE/CEA has the juddery cutscenes. Those should've been capped at 30fps to match the animation.

EvB

lol..was that person trying to ads? How sad.

Yeah I wonder why nobody considered 3v3. There could have been three parties though.

I've done the same thing several times now, coming straight off Destiny and COD:AW after having not played Halo since the One came out

Top Bottom