• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Random17

Pop counters not being available for a short period of time might reveal to 343i what playlists are popular and what playlists are not without the players choosing playlists based on their numbers.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
No radar.

No killcams.

ElasticGoodGilamonster.gif

Dab of milk and that's it.

see above.

tootsi666

Lack of spectator mode really hurts competive Halo. Map which would show players current locations and whether they are alive or dead would do wonders.

Booshka

Wondering if all this shit on screen in-game would benefit the spectator/eSport aspect of Halo, but be able to be turned off in-game for the players.

I see some of the need for it from a casual spectator perspective, but it is way too busy, and I doubt most of the players want all that shit on screen when they are playing.

jem0208

Wait, the launch invitational is now?

I thought it was on Monday! Damn, missed some of it!

Edit: And Twitch decides this is the time to break.

VinFTW

h2a looks so boring

br sounds great though

I disagree, but that game was a bit boring though, 2 evenly matched teams on a game-type/map that has high potential of being boring (no interesting power weapons). A lot of pax-prime games were crazy as hell.

-Ryn

Banned
Then you realize you have to play Destiny to experience it.
Playing that game is like punching myself in the balls. I'm only hurting myself and my potential future offspring probably don't appreciate it either.
This cool jazz reminds me of what could of been. And it could've been awesome.

Hopefully planning what awesome modded gametypes he is gonna make for H2A :)
Please yes. I still can't believe 343 haven't hired him.

This thread might ease us when Halo 5 becomes more CODified than COD?

The Opening Comment:

Maybe Halo's gameplay is "archaic" to some and we need to accept the new?
But to go as far as using archaic gameplay mechanics or dated graphics or plain bad ideas? No. Do you think we was gamers look at certain games to often with "nostalgia glasses"? Or do you feel game developers need to take MORE inspiration from older games when they create new ones?
I'd like to point out that I don't think that there's such a thing as an "archaic" gameplay mechanic. This notion bugs me because while yes, I feel it is important for games to try new things and grow, I also think that it's stupid to infer a type of gameplay isn't relevant anymore due to its age. If a game is fun then it's because it's fun. I can go back and play FFVII or Super Mario Bros or Halo CE and still have a blast. So no I don't think that this is a good argument to make.

Now that said, while I think it's important for a series to remain true to it's core principals, I also don't think a company should be stuck making the same game over and over again. Exploring new ideas and taking risks is all a part of progression. If you just keep making the same game over and over again then that just creates stagnation which is a problem that the FPS genre in particular seems to finally be getting away from. I give CoD a lot of shit for this and if Halo were just as it were in CE with prettier graphics and some new weapons I would be giving it shit as well. I don't want to play the same game I bought 3 years ago. I want to see something new added that

Series like Final Fantasy are an interesting case imo. I'm really looking forward to FFXV because I think the gameplay looks kickass. FFVII is my favorite FF. However I don't mind that FFXV will play nothing like FFVII because well... it's not FFVII.

I think FF is an interesting example because the gameplay isn't what is iconic of the series to me. It's the fantasy, the story, that I find to be the core of the series. Going on an epic adventure. Each game might as well be its own thing so it's never really bothered me when they try a new kind of play. If it works it works and if doesn't well then oh well. Try again.

First time seeing it in 60fps. I don't think twitch on the One quite hits that but my phone streams that just fine. Game looks so good.

Top Bottom