• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

nillapuddin

What Im curious about is if this still happens in H2A Forge

4lU5jH5.jpg

(jaggie shadows)

Sordid

No playlist populations is a bummer, hope they put them back in.

Edit: That CE hit ping noise is really annoying, jesus.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
You have no idea how excited I am that they added scripting to Forge mode this time around.

Omg.

No playlist populations is a bummer, hope they put them back in.

Edit: That CE hit ping noise is really annoying, jesus.
Ghost mentioned in his stream yesterday that they're really listening to all the feedback so far and that they're aware of the CE noise detection not having a disable option. They said they're collecting all the feedback and will be working on figuring what to prioritize.

nillapuddin

Damm, I'm not at home :(

:(

Me?

Interesting the shadows actually move live as I was repositioning the blocks, they then had a moment to render, so you can actually do some shadow planning in real time.

Yeah, sorry wasnt telling you specifically to watch the video lol, but yes, you are awesome for making a clip

Actually, I was mixed up. The shadows are really blocky while you're editing, but when testing they're actually quite excellent.

excellent

edit: more forge
http://www.twitch.tv/brb5

MouldyK

This thread might ease us when Halo 5 becomes more CODified than COD?

The Opening Comment:

I was showing a friend of mine the new FFXV and the first thing she said was " it's not like FF7 so I don't wanna try it". This developed into a debate of nostalgia and liking games based on the fact they were old. Her arugement was FF as a whole has deviated from its core roots. The randomized battles, long dungeon grinds or turn based combat were her reasons. I think she has a very valid point, but I feel at some point devs shouldn't keep trying to make games that were like what we played when we were kids. I'm all for reminniscing on the "good ol days" but I think sometimes as gamers we see every game through nostalgia glasses.

I definitely think its good to take inspiration from older games, or try to recreate those same feelings from them. But to go as far as using archaic gameplay mechanics or dated graphics or plain bad ideas? No. Do you think we was gamers look at certain games to often with "nostalgia glasses"? Or do you feel game developers need to take MORE inspiration from older games when they create new ones?

Maybe Halo's gameplay is "archaic" to some and we need to accept the new?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe Halo's gameplay is "archaic" to some and we need to accept the new?
Nah, as picky and crotchety as HaloGAF is, we're definitely open to change. We just want Halo to stay Halo. There's room for lots of different kinds of FPSs. Halo does what it does well when the developers embrace it. There's no reason to deviate too far from the Halo formula and try to make it something else.

Top Bottom