• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai__

Actually, at 3:45 in the RUL video you see Blue Team with Covenant weapons—is it just me or does the plasma pistol look more bulbous and bulked up like a Plasma Rifle?

I noticed the same. Looks like they increased the size of it. Wonder if it's because of the Smart Scope?

cPxysoZ.png

Omni

Seems the Covenant weapons are more bulky and curvy this time around. I actually like it a lot. Plasma Pistol looks awesome.

Fuchsdh

Actually looks nicer to me than the v. 2 Fuel Rod, but I was always more partial to the Halo 1-3 gun anyhow.

Seems the Covenant weapons are more bulky and curvy this time around. I actually like it a lot. Plasma Pistol looks awesome.

343 has definitely pushed for a more organic Covenant aesthetic. Which I like, but I feel loses some of its impact when the Forerunner and human stuff have become a lot softer in definition, as well.

Fuchsdh

Looks like the plasma rifle almost.

It explains why they switched to the Storm Rifles—the plasma pistols got jealous and ate the plasma rifles.

I am curious about the change—accommodating ADS might be one option, it could also be an attempt to make the gun seem more "serious" and lethal so people use it more. Its sound in Halo 4 was one of the few auditory backslides for weapons in the game (I love the *plink* of the Grav Hammer, come at me) so hopefully they address that too. As much crap as I give Reach there's no doubt using the plasma pistol was fun and satisfying in the game more than any other before or since.

AlStrong

Looks like the plasma rifle almost.

Thanks. :)

Yeah, looks pretty big for Chief. "I thought you'd be taller" ಠ_ಠ

It looks like a xenomorph runner head.

:D It's got bite.

I hope we see Plasma Rifle as the covenant SMG and as a primary rifle for Swords of Sanghelios

Aye. I also hope they have a sound effect that's closer to Reach. Love that subtle bass undertone Bungie added to the high freq whine.

I can't believe we used to play Halo games without confetti bursting from Grunt heads and cheers of small children.

I'm not even joking, Grunt Birthday Party is amazing.

@Josh @Frank

So what happens when the Azure Servers are down? Am i not able to play campaign etc?

My guess is all game modes will require online/Azure.

As for Azure stability, given the last few years of operations you're more likely to have drop outs from your local electricity provider or ISP connection or console hardware failure. Azure has fuck all outages historically, like 99.5% up time type stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom