• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

jem0208

My guess is all game modes will require online/Azure.

As for Azure stability, given the last few years of operations you're more likely to have drop outs from your local electricity provider or ISP connection or console hardware failure. Azure has fuck all outages historically, like 99.5% up time type stuff.
Where's all this azure talk coming from? Seriously, have I missed a big news story or something?

tootsi666

image.php

Thanks for nightmares jem

GreyWind

Where's all this azure talk coming from? Seriously, have I missed a bit news story or something?

343 has been using Azure since Halo 4 for both their web services and the game. I'm pretty sure Halo 5 will use more power of the cloud this time around.

Fuchsdh

I can't believe we used to play Halo games without confetti bursting from Grunt heads and cheers of small children.

I'm not even joking, Grunt Birthday Party is amazing.

I think in Halo 4 it's the best because they added this subtle *thunk* sound that makes the Grunts exploding sound like they shot up out of a bottle.

jem0208

Josh said a few pages back that there is no P2P in the game, be it for campaign, co-op, custom games, etc.
343 has been using Azure since Halo 4 for both their web services and the game. I'm pretty sure Halo 5 will use more power of the cloud this time around.

Well obviously multiplayer components will be using live and Azure, however it seems like people are talking about the single player, ie: cloud power...

image.php

Thanks for nightmares jem

I aim to please ;)

RSB

Banned
I can't believe we used to play Halo games without confetti bursting from Grunt heads and cheers of small children.

I'm not even joking, Grunt Birthday Party is amazing.
Yep, feels so wrong to play without it now. Grunt Birthday Party Forever!

There needs to be a grunt that becomes terrified of its own reflection as an easter egg and then turns around to the chief as he says "Boo!"

-Ryn

Banned
I wonder if we'll get to modify weapons. I don't think it'll be in the arena space at all but perhaps in this new larger scale mode.
Some dude in gaming side speculated about multiplayer space battles. Halo gonna do what Battlefront 2015 isn't!?

jem0208

Some dude in gaming side speculated about multiplayer space battles. Halo gonna do what Battlefront 2015 isn't!?
Imagine transferring from giant ground battles with tanks and loads of Warthogs etc. To a massive space battle above with 10 or so ships flying around.

It's never going to happen but ugh, it sounds so good.

link1201

I'd actually be really stoked if we could just get close to bf3/4 conquest in terms of vehicle and infantry dynamics. I've grown weary of weak vehicles. They don't have to be the only option but it might be nice if they were a more viable one.

-Ryn

Banned
I can't imagine space battles being a good idea as a standalone mode, though. What would infantry do?
I had an idea a while back in which there would be multiple objectives. It would be a giant battle in space with 2 opposing ships with fighter crafts and basic transport crafts. There would be two ways to win the match. Either capture the data core or destroy the ship. Infantry can destroy the ship from the inside but are better focused on getting the core. People who choose to use the fighters can attack the enemy ship and take down its defenses as well as destroy it eventually.

There could be more to it like maybe a ship captain that flies the ship or does an FTL style resource control but that's the gist of it.

Imagine transferring from giant ground battles with tanks and loads of Warthogs etc. To a massive space battle above with 10 or so ships flying around.

That would be so god damn awesome.

Fuchsdh

I had an idea a while back in which there would be multiple objectives. It would be a giant battle in space with 2 opposing ships with fighter crafts and basic transport crafts. There would be two ways to win the match. Either capture the data core or destroy the ship. Infantry can destroy the ship from the inside but are better focused on getting the core. People who choose to use the fighters can attack the enemy ship and take down its defenses as well as destroy it eventually.

There could be more to it like maybe a ship captain that flies the ship or does an FTL style resource control but that's the gist of it.

That would be so god damn awesome.

That's basically space combat in Battlefront II, though you still had to get in a ship to board.

antigoon

Haven't been around these parts in a good while but holy SHIT I can't believe they are actually making the DLC maps free.

I certainly asked enough times on Neogaf. lol.

CliQ

Haven't been around these parts in a good while but holy SHIT I can't believe they are actually making the DLC maps free.

I certainly asked enough times on Neogaf. lol.

Making the DLC maps free is not only going to be great because it won't break up the community but it will be great for the longevity of the game as people will return to the game of they get bored because they will want to see the new maps.

I'm not saying we should go out and preorder the game and do all the day one launch nonsense but it's a giant step in the right direction for gaming in general.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

I just can't imagine it working out. The players on the ground would have zero interaction with those in space and vice versa. Even Ryn's idea sounds too disjointed.

Mix

I know people will give me shit for saying anything about it, but as we did start out as a HaloGAF Radio successor, I'm more than happy to say that today marks the first anniversary of Reclaimer Radio, and by extension, ReclaimerHub. Thank you to everyone here who still watches our stuff or listens the Podcasts, and thank you to those who don't have any problem with us being here with you guys. Y'all rock.

Anyway, expect a Post E3 episode of Reclaimer Radio to hit here, as is HaloGAF podcast tradition. Hope to see Bitchin' Radio do something too. I won't make it a habit again, but if you guys are interested in checking us out, you know where to find us.

Thanks again guys.

Mix

Juggling is in, auto pickup is out, waypoint on flag holder is out.

It's basically standard CTF with flagnum.

That said you can ground pound and possibly use thruster.

thrusters for flag carrier would be dumb, but if you're scrub enough to get GP'd by the flag carrier then you deserve it.

EDIT: If the magnum still get's a boost like it did in Halo 4, I'll be a bit pissed. Seems like they've already buffed the hell out of it, no reason for it to turn into a 3sk. I still hope we see Keye's magnum as a legendary weapon.

Fuchsdh

Hopefully there's some time gating on the announcers so "FLAG DROPPED FLAG TAKEN FLAG DROPPED" isn't a thing anymore at least.

“We also have a complementary new epic multiplayer experience which we’re really excited to show off at E3,” Franklin says. “I can’t say too much about it, but I can tell you it does incorporate all aspects of the Halo sandbox for the very first time ever. This was always a dream of ours and all of our fans to build something like this. It’s been three years of long development and an incredible amount of play testing. We can’t wait to show it off.”

I'm hoping that this means playable Elites will somehow be involved with the new mode. Has there been any mention of their inclusion lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom