• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kssio_Aug

Just read the Game Informer impressions. It looks too good to be true!

The campaing seems so perfect!! The SP experience with commands to your team mates, and the difficulty balance based on how many people you're playing coop with! That all sounds very nice ideas!

Also, with the confirmation of coop running on dedis I believe its very likely we're gonna see a matchmaking system for coop!

I'm really curious to see this new MP mode of theirs!

E3 seems so far!! T-T

I'm curious if cutscenes are pre - rendered in Campaign OR are in - game. Let's say I command a team mate in Blue Team for Linda to snipe that one bad guy. She domes him. Cue cutscene. Baddy is then sniped and lays dead on the ground while cutscene still plays.

I'm guessing the CG scenes will be bookends like Halo 4 had, which would be cool as I really liked both. They did a good job of showing scale of Master Chief compared to other humans fairly well too.

jelly

Nice impressions, hope there is less cut scenes and more game play, would be cool if you did that flying bit yourself with thrusters.

Akai__

After reading the GI article, no H5 Campaign at E3?

Wanted to see Blue Team in motion. :(

It says we won't see Master Chief's side of campaign and I believe 343i will show Locke's side at E3.

Who knows, maybe GI (and the other guys) have an embargo on the stuff that they played and will release the gameplay after E3.

And that new The Sprint Episodes will show campaign stuff ;) That teaser already did...

We will see campaign stuff at E3. With another MP blowout.

FyreWulff

I know its silly and won't happen but I would love to see that armor from Reach that never saw the light of day.
qN56hl7.jpg

If I can't have that I'll take my JFO helmet with the antenna (Please!) lol

they could actually do that for an MCC Reach

Each character in Halo 5 will have a different HUD, I wonder if we'll be able to pick from those in multiplayer. It would also be neat if the HUD changed depending on what helmet you picked, say a Mark V helmet has a HUD akin to Halo 1. I actually really like the default HUD from the beta though.

Akai__

That feel when you have four double digit neg bombers on your team in slayer and still win

8235A84E-5786-4D4C-8A6B-53A04219AE4B_zpscbhdp2x0.jpg

I hope I don't get those people after I get a higher rank im Halo 3. Had 3 guys who went 1-19, 3-22 and 0-16 yesterday. I don't understand these people and I wished they were forced to play Team Training for at least 10 matches...

---

Does the rank system actually work now? Do you actually get matched up with people similiar to your skill in higher ranks?

Does the rank system actually work now? Do you actually get matched up with people similiar to your skill in higher ranks?

You do get similar ranks but there's no team number matching meaning mic'd up teams of four get to squirt all over uncoordinated randoms. Off putting for the solo player or teams of two. Every Halo game with ranks has had group matching; MCC does things its own way.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Do we have any sense of the population numbers for MCC? I have a hunch it's low, and in that case I don't really blame 343 for not emphasizing team matchmaking.

You do get similar ranks but there's no team number matching meaning mic'd up teams of four get to squirt all over uncoordinated randoms. Off putting for the solo player or teams of two. Every Halo game with ranks has had group matching; MCC does things its own way.

I find it hilarious that i can come into this thread and still see posts of whether stuff is working or not after all this time.

Akai__

That's what you get for playing alone, I guess. Search times would probably be too high, if it had this feature. But then again, they can't be higher than pre-patch. lol

At least the ranks seem to work. I'm only level 10 so far, so I didn't know how it was in the higher ups. Glad to hear, that it doesn't match you up randomly anymore. They need to fix the not being able to lose a rank issue, if that's not already the case. Heard people could literally quit 50 matches and not lose a rank,

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Covenant redesigns continue to be deeply disappointing.
They're fuggin ugly is what they are. Obviously 343 isn't intentionally trying to botch them, but it's hard to believe they think they look better... Go back to the drawing board, please. At least the new Elites look cool sometimes.

They're fuggin ugly is what they are. Obviously 343 isn't intentionally trying to botch them, but it's hard to believe they think they look better... Go back to the drawing board, please. At least the new Elites look cool sometimes.
I'm hoping they improved the Sword Elite AI; it was terrible in Halo 4. I can't recall a single moment where they actually attacked me, instead they would charge then suddenly turn around and run away lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom