• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
isiiQkFPiIi4A.JPG

why is that knight using a plasma pistol?

here in the video.
Because Invasion...

seriously, that's weird.

Because they can pick up weapons maybe. WHY IS THAT WEIRD?

32p-95u234-0u5t-03u45-tujr

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This is our NARRATIVE director talking about the evolution of story - it's a direct sequel to Halo 3 - a REVOLUTIONARY story would be the tale of Sgt. Johnson's college years with no sci-fi and no cinematics, just a series of arthouse experiences where you flail around in the darkness trying to find your Oddball bong.

Um, could we get this as DLC at some point?

Would pay for this.

Havok

This is our NARRATIVE director talking about the evolution of story - it's a direct sequel to Halo 3 - a REVOLUTIONARY story would be the tale of Sgt. Johnson's college years with no sci-fi and no cinematics, just a series of arthouse experiences where you flail around in the darkness trying to find your Oddball bong.
This makes the final line before his death all the more poignant. "Send me out...with my bong." He spent the entire game with a "self-rolled cigar" in his mouth, he wanted to start the Great Journey with a trip to a Safeway for some munchies.

Ok, finally watched the whole thing (Thanks for the non messed up upload Vire!). Man is this game looking good. There are some crazy good visuals, wow. The SP really looks like its going to be an amazing ride, I can't wait.

I'm still on a seesaw with the Promethean Knight design; I understand the ethos behind representing the organic centre of them entombed in this technological shell, similar to how the Didact is also encased in his cryptum, but the skull just looks incredibly goofy, and almost childish. The bionic toy is very much how it looks to me, and it also looks too overtly 'evil'.

To me it's just a bankrupt idea to connote menace with a skull, which is why I did warm to the idea of the skull being more a representation of life, not intent.

Agreed, the skull just doesn't do it for me, though when they show the early designs I can see how it came to be. It seems that there was originally still a full Forerunner body in the suit, or possibly a human... Anyways, it seems like they kept shrinking it, giving it a goblin look, and then compensated by making it look more monster like. So now it kinda looks like a monster inside of a robot. The early versions nailed the look in a less generic, more creepy way IMO:

OmHVA.png

Eyyg0.png

cA60e.png

I like the slimmer proportions, but this one looks too much like something from DragonBall Z-

96soJ.png

Still, I see it as Forerunner armor more than I see the Knights proportions.

isiiQkFPiIi4A.JPG

why is that knight using a plasma pistol?

here in the video.

Thats a good question... Maybe Promethean Knights require Biomass to run (hence the Goblin human thingy) and that one absorbed a Jackal?

ilFHbTzgvibot.gif

I'm still learning how to make gifs.

Amazing, that assassination is what I had pictured in my head for a Crawler.. it looks like something outta King Kong.

Tawpgun

I'm still not getting the rhetoric here.

Are the Knights ACTUAL FORERUNNER PROMETHEANS, or more like Defense AI. Kiki said they're not robots. I keep getting mixed messages from the Halo 4 vidocs/interviews and the Greg Bear novels.

GhaleonEB

ib0C0ybvFti31m.gif

I wonder if that's some kind of super Scarab type thing, or a weapon. I remember a tweet from Josh Holmes about killing some huge thing in Campaign.

Quickly catching glimpses of these gifs you guys are posting is getting me SOOO hyped to play the Campaign and making me damn glad I'm not watching any videos/info on it so I can return to Master Chief completely unaware of the journey ahead.

+10 SPOILER FREE​

Swarmerr

As nervous as I might be about multiplayer, campaign just looks absolutely fantastic.

Never been this excited for a campaign..

SLRP

senador

Banned
http://i.minus.com/iAGjNBo12lQhK.gif/IMG][/QUOTE]

Amazing. I really like the shield pop.

[quote="Rickenslacker, post: 42051859"]Yes and no, he used to have an armoured diaper but now it's just a slab of armour stuck on his butt looking like it's not attached to anything.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/wx21q.jpg

The lengths they went to to not have a "space diaper" are lame. Should have just kept it.

Top Bottom