• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Wars: Definitive Edition |OT| The Best Marketing This Game Will Get

Tecnniqe

Banned
God damn Par Time :3
e0UVXJB.jpg

This hit me hard in the game. Took me back to playing on 360 where the units had some BAD pathfinding.
Yeah its really bad later levels when you get big armies

hwalker84

Felt so satisfying last night playing with a random. Played two Brutes. They rushed us hard. I just got a bunch of hogs and finished upgrading to the grenades. We were able to beat them back. I went up to explore with the remaining fleet I had and the new hogs that were building. That was everything they both had. Straight up crushed them.

Tried support chat, called, sent a twitter message and all I got was "Oh just you wait 7 to 10 days" :|

That's the first message I got, then I linked a post that said that we should contact them, got an apology message telling me they were working on it, and the next day I got a message from Xbox Support on the Xbox app with my key.

Hawk269

Well credit where credits due
qbgN350.jpg

RIP Ensemble Studios

I went through the credits as well and I could not clearly see who developed the Definitive Edition. There was a team mentioned as the uprezing team or something like that, but I don't think it was Creative Assembly.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I went through the credits as well and I could not clearly see who developed the Definitive Edition. There was a team mentioned as the uprezing team or something like that, but I don't think it was Creative Assembly.

I was wondering if they changed the ending credits but they seem more or less the same at a glance :)

aka_bueno

Pre-ordered it last night, hopefully I get a code in a few days or so, if not I'll just cancel/refund my order.

What a weird way to distribute codes.

Got my code, says it doesn't play on this app.. what? wait did i only get a code for the one version.... I've given up on caring anymore.

Gestault

Got my code, says it doesn't play on this app.. what? wait did i only get a code for the one version.... I've given up on caring anymore.

A normal Play Anywhere code should add the title to your ready-to-download section on the XB1, and for PC to either your library on the Win10 store app (occasionally you pull it up on the store and add it from there). Your library should have a section for what plays on the PC you're on. It can be confusing because it will also show you the XB1 license which won't play on that device.

Akai__

I got my code but it says it's already redeemed and I can't find the PC download link. :( fuk

Make sure that the whole code is being copied. Buddy of mine had the problem that it would copy the code not completely, so he actually had to write it down and type it in manually.

A normal Play Anywhere code should add the title to your ready-to-download section on the XB1, and for PC to either your library on the Win10 store app (occasionally you pull it up on the store and add it from there). Your library should have a section for what plays on the PC you're on. It can be confusing because it will also show you the XB1 license which won't play on that device.

Thanks, looked again and that's indeed what happened.

Wounded

First impressions of the PC port are good. Runs really well and has definitely benefited from the resolution bump. Ultrawide is supported too which is nice.

Only issue I have is while the mouse is fine 99% of the time, aiming with the MAC gun and bringing in ODSTs etc feels really unresponsive for some reason. All the other time it's fine.

Werd

First impressions of the PC port are good. Runs really well and has definitely benefited from the resolution bump. Ultrawide is supported too which is nice.

Only issue I have is while the mouse is fine 99% of the time, aiming with the MAC gun and bringing in ODSTs etc feels really unresponsive for some reason. All the other time it's fine.

There's a big deadzone on moving them with the mouse it just feels awkward, wish they had been able to alter the UI so it's not stuck to the middle and you could just click a location. You can also use WASD for those though, which while while hard to pinpoint is at least responsive.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Yeah the targeting abilities got some weird mouse control :S

Timeless

Anyone know why my achievements aren't activating? My MS profile and TrueAchievements profile says I didn't get any. No notification popup either.

Did co op with a friend and he got achievements for the same stuff I did in the same game.

Freakboy3

Called, waited on the phone for an hour. And tweeted multiple times. Always got the 7-10 days bullcrap. Tried linking and emailing the 343 post, they just did not seem to care.

I ordered the night of the 19th Pacific time zone. Did eventually get my key. Says I received the message about 13 hours ago.

There is hope.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Anyone know why my achievements aren't activating? My MS profile and TrueAchievements profile says I didn't get any. No notification popup either.

Did co op with a friend and he got achievements for the same stuff I did in the same game.

No idea, I get them and my partner did too in coop :3

Akai__

Why did they remove the watchable cutscenes from the main menu? I loved that feature from Halo Wars 1. :(

Seems like they added a coupple of Concept Art's, though. Some of them look nice.

Edit: Wait, that could actually be an unlock, if you play through the game. Wouldn't make sense to have them from the start.

Akai__

Have to give props to 343i (or whoever did the port). The Definitive Edition plays pretty great. Even the controls on PC are pretty good. Love how they made it possible to use the minimap to send out attacks for example. Just like a real RTS game on the PC.

Only thing that I'd like to get improved (and that's really just a small detail) are the Skirmish menus. Every time I enter them, there are other settings in them. It never stays on the last gametype or leader that you have played.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Have to give props to 343i (or whoever did the port). The Definitive Edition plays pretty great. Even the controls on PC are pretty good. Love how they made it possible to use the minimap to send out attacks for example. Just like a real RTS game on the PC.

Only thing that I'd like to get improved (and that's really just a small detail) are the Skirmish menus. Every time I enter them, there are other settings in them. It never stays on the last gametype or leader that you have played.

Yeah menu don't remember settings but also the commander abilities are janky balls on PC with a mouse :3

Top Bottom