• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Wars: Definitive Edition |OT| The Best Marketing This Game Will Get

Random17

Bought the game two days ago, when can I realistically get the code? I shouldn't be subject to the problems that plagued the early preorders right?

m23

Yeah it was pretty fun to play again.

Heroic is defo how its meant to be played.

Yeah for sure. I did really struggle on one mission though, but other than that it was just right. I have to get back into groove before I get online.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yeah for sure. I did really struggle on one mission though, but other than that it was just right. I have to get back into groove before I get online.

Dome of Light
giphy.gif

Tecnniqe

Banned
It was actually Arcadia Outskirts. Took me a few tries, Dome of Light I completed on my first or second attempt, it just took a while.

Ahh, yeah.

Heroic I actually found fine on all maps, try Dome of Light on Legendary.

That is a test of patience.

Akai__

Never had a problem with Arcadia Outskirts. The trick is to go to the Plasma Cannon with your 3 Spartans, before they even say that it will spawn. If you do it right, the Cannon will be destroyed as soon as it starts to warp in. The 2nd base can be claimed as soon as the Plasma Cannon is down and it will hardly get attacked but even then your 3 Spartans will do the job, with a coupple turrets. From there on, you can sit back, gather an army and move out with 10+ Scorpions and roll over the enemy.

Dome of Light is also a mission that people tend to rush. You can get a decent army 1st and then call in your 1st Rhino tank. If you do it too early, it triggers the additional scenes and you will be overrun.

m23

Never had a problem with Arcadia Outskirts. The trick is to go to the Plasma Cannon with your 3 Spartans, before they even say that it will spawn. If you do it right, the Cannon will be destroyed as soon as it starts to warp in. The 2nd base can be claimed as soon as the Plasma Cannon is down and it will hardly get attacked but even then your 3 Spartans will do the job, with a coupple turrets. From there on, you can sit back, gather an army and move out with 10+ Scorpions and roll over the enemy.

Dome of Light is also a mission that people tend to rush. You can get a decent army 1st and then call in your 1st Rhino tank. If you do it too early, it triggers the additional scenes and you will be overrun.

Oh wow I didn't know that trick on outskirts lol. Would have made it a lot easier.

Dome of Light yeah, I take my time at the beginning to build up a force.

I'm not even going to attempt a legendary run, I remember the jump from heroic to legendary being massive.

LIV Master

Neo Member
Pre-ordered HW2 Ultimate today and now have to wait these 7-10 days. Halo Wars Definitive Edition delivery system is just nonsense and a really disrespectful thing for Store users in 21st century. I can only hope, that such a terrible scheme of delivering a purchased product won't ever be applied to any other game in Windows or XBOX Store.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Pre-ordered HW2 Ultimate today and now have to wait these 7-10 days. Halo Wars Definitive Edition delivery system is just nonsense and a really disrespectful thing for Store users in 21st century. I can only hope, that such a terrible scheme of delivering a purchased product won't ever be applied to any other game in Windows or XBOX Store.

Nobody is gonna disagree with that.

It's a mess and then some.

Akai__

Oh wow I didn't know that trick on outskirts lol. Would have made it a lot easier.

Dome of Light yeah, I take my time at the beginning to build up a force.

I'm not even going to attempt a legendary run, I remember the jump from heroic to legendary being massive.

Not even in co-op or with activating skulls? :p

But I get it. Games should be fun and if Legendary is just frustrating (for you or others), than you shouldn't bother and enjoy what you already played.

I did and they said codes are rolling out all through January and to be patient.

LOL this is so fucked up... But yeah, MS and 343i should definitely keep saying that giving access to a pre-order bonus game "is not possible" and "codes are required". Meanwhile, 3rd party studios are somehow able to do it without an issue, without sending codes and without having to wait 7-10 days.

Mrbob

I got my code a couple days ago but only works on Xbox. How do I get the PC version to work again? Restarting Windows store didn't help and I searched from the store and the page says I own the game with no download option.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I got my code a couple days ago but only works on Xbox. How do I get the PC version to work again? Restarting Windows store didn't help and I searched from the store and the page says I own the game with no download option.
Click icon top right> my library > games/show all > press thingy next to it

Lucifon

Is anyone playing this online? When I checked after the first batch of codes I couldn't find a match for anything whatsoever...

Hawk269

Is anyone playing this online? When I checked after the first batch of codes I couldn't find a match for anything whatsoever...

On-line community is almost non-existent for this game. I find a lot of games using the BC version, but rarely do I find games on-line. It could be that a lot of people still are waiting for codes or it could be that they removed Ranking, Leaderboards and Matchmaking that kind of makes it pointless to play on-line, since most like to play these type of games to gain rank etc.

Tecnniqe

Banned
On-line community is almost non-existent for this game. I find a lot of games using the BC version, but rarely do I find games on-line. It could be that a lot of people still are waiting for codes or it could be that they removed Ranking, Leaderboards and Matchmaking that kind of makes it pointless to play on-line, since most like to play these type of games to gain rank etc.

Good mix of both probably

Lucifon

Hope they sort all this before a mainstream release. I have little interest in the campaign :(

Tecnniqe

Banned
Hope they sort all this before a mainstream release. I have little interest in the campaign :(

If you think about it, its probably only there for people to get the story of the first one before the next comes out.

It makes little sense for them to create self competition with 2 ranked systems running at the same time in different games.

At least I suspect that is their reasoning for removing it.

Hawk269

If you think about it, its probably only there for people to get the story of the first one before the next comes out.

It makes little sense for them to create self competition with 2 ranked systems running at the same time in different games.

At least I suspect that is their reasoning for removing it.

Yup. This is why I think they did what they did. They did not want two on-line communities competing with each other. For me, it just puts a lot more pressure on the dev team at CA to ensure that the online modes and balance on HW2 is really good. Still stinks that they did this since the first game is really good on-line.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yup. This is why I think they did what they did. They did not want two on-line communities competing with each other. For me, it just puts a lot more pressure on the dev team at CA to ensure that the online modes and balance on HW2 is really good. Still stinks that they did this since the first game is really good on-line.
Yeah to all accounts but it does make sense at least :3
Bit offtopic. But that Halo Wars 2 second beta is taking looooong. I need it,
Is the beta only for Xbox right?
Kinda wanna try the game out on PC and see how it rolls in comparison to DE.

Also, the coming months Halo Lootcrate
THIS CRATE'S THEME IS ATRIOX AND THE BANISHED

The vicious Brute warlord Atriox and his mercenary force known as the Banished have set their sights on the Ark in their quest for power and only the UNSC Spirit of Fire stands in their way!

>.>
<.<

Halo Wars themed! >.< HALP

Theorry

Yeah to all accounts but it does make sense at least :3

Is the beta only for Xbox right?
Kinda wanna try the game out on PC and see how it rolls in comparison to DE.

Also, the coming months Halo Lootcrate

>.>
<.<

Halo Wars themed! >.< HALP

No W10 also. :)

Tecnniqe

Banned
Its going to be open beta. So i guess normal way. Find the beta on the store and install it. :)

Oh boy.

I completely ignored beta talk as I tried a previous one on Xbox but didnt feel like hooking it up to play again when it's so close to release. But damn if I'll miss out on a PC beta :D

Werd

It was empty initially, but for me the past week when all the release day codes have been out it hasn't been hard to find a game. At night on Xbox there are 4-10 games open to join at most times, and obviously more already in progress you can't see. Fewer on PC but still usually some open, checked just now and saw 3.
Small population but playable for the moment at least.

Obviously if people bought this hoping to play an active ranked ladder then that's a bust, but for me who wanted to play the campaign, get the PC port and just do some nostalgia MPgames before HW2 comes out I'm happy enough with the DE.

Anyway, I hope the upcoming HW2 beta has a normal playlist in addition to Blitz. I didn't have an XB1 for the earlier ones.

Top Bottom