• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"He had a handful of my ass.": Taylor Swift testifies in groping case against DJ

Guy must have smaller hands than Donald Trump.

taylor_swift_video.jpg

What the hell is wrong with you?

The messed up part about it all is she probably wouldn't be publicly coming for his neck like this unless he didn't sue her first, now she's going to body his lawyer, drive the nail in the coffin in his career, then burn that dollar in effigy or some shit

You fucked up twice homie

Remind me to keep my hands in my pockets for photos from now on. I usually do small of the back touch.

honestly, a soft touch is sometimes worse. firm with no squeezing is probably better. a soft or grazing touch can feel creepy because it's unpredictable -- is it going to move? whose hand is it? did someone just touch me or was it my imagination? I'm not a fan of it.

stick to around the shoulders or upper back if you want to be totally safe.

edit: read "soft" touch in your comment for some reason. nevermind.

SpaceWolf

Banned
After the kanye incident, I can't trust Swift anymore. She will do anything to prop up her image.

You think one of the most absurdly famous musical artists in the world would need to resort to a sexual assault trial to "prop up her image"? Am I reading that right?

Good on Swift. Can't imagine how difficult it must be having to testify about the incident to a group of strangers in a courtroom setting.

Can they prove beyond reasonable doubt she was actually groped, though? I know there's the photo, but it doesn't show her physically being grabbed, just that the guy's hand was positioned behind her. Not doubting Swift's story at all, just in terms of the law, I just would imagine they would need conclusive proof?

What the fuck is wrong with you? A woman gets sexually assaulted and your first response is to make a joke like this?

Is this a civil or criminal trial? If civil the standard is a preponderance of evidence. Not beyond all reasonable doubt. This is why you can be cleared of criminal charges and still have to pay damages from a civil suit. The standard of evidence is lower.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Remind me to keep my hands in my pockets for photos from now on. I usually do small of the back touch.

There's a big difference between putting a hand on the back or shoulder in a friendly manner as opposed to playing a game of grabass. Stay in that nice, socially acceptable area in between hover handing and inappropriate groping, and you'll be just fine.

KHarvey16

You think one of the most absurdly famous musical artists in the world would need to resort to a sexual assault trial to "prop her image"? Am I reading that right?

Haha, exactly.

"I had no idea that serial sexual assault counter suit artist Taylor Swift was also a singer! Amazing!"

Paganmoon

This comment feels so out of place... like, this isn't what happened in this case, that isn't where his hand was in the picture. Why even be all "man I need to be careful so I don't get called out for nothing" about it?
Feeds into the "Women lie about harassment" bullshit narrative. Seriously, this comment is on par if not worse than AlteredBeast's "joke".

Trey

Is this a civil or criminal trial? If civil the standard is a preponderance of evidence. Not beyond all reasonable doubt. This is why you can be cleared of criminal charges and still have to pay damages from a civil suit. The standard of evidence is lower.

It's a civil suit for 1 dollar in damages in order for her to make a greater point that sexual harassment isn't acceptable. I believe she says she hopes that in doing this, more women can feel safer and stand up to men who touch them without consent.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Make the joke 5 pages later and it wouldn't have been "too soon".

Nah, it wouldn't have been okay either way. Unfortunately, I come from a time and place where inappropriate jokes are never off limits, and telling them doesn't make it okay. Old school GAF would have gone in on jokes in even really nasty murder stories, etc, and i and the board are better than that now.

Like i said, i regret posting it, and the fact that my mind went first to a cheap joke in the face of rampant sexual harassment, thereby lessening the reality of the fact that women are groped in broad daylight is disturbing and terrible.

What the fuck does this have to do with this thread?

Are you seriously insinuating that this is a cynical attempt to prop up her image?

The suing for $1 and demanding an apology, most definitely. It makes it seem like she's standing up for the principle when in reality I don't think she actually cares about the principle but just wants to manipulate that into increased fame and applause.

oh boy... was going to commentate on the case but this thread looks dangerous.

therealist is proving their point:

"Swift was just another woman in a world that requires women to insist — to prove, over and over again — that their experience qualifies as truth."

The suing for $1 and demanding an apology, most definitely. It makes it seem like she's standing up for the principle when in reality I don't think she actually cares about the principle but just wants to manipulate that into increased fame and applause.

Wow. You're terrible.

lenovox1

You can tell in that photo that he was about as close to her back as her ass is.

That is her counter claim after he sued her for libel and lost wages.

There are hundreds of other things she could do to get a PR boost which don't involve going to court

SHE WAS SEXUALLY ASSAULTED.

You're being a piece of shit, dude.

KHarvey16

Countersuing. She is countersuing.

What the fuck does this have to do with this thread?

Are you seriously insinuating that this is a cynical attempt to prop up her image?

You have to be realistic.

She's milking the publicity with that counterclaim, but I don't see how anyone could believe she's in this to prop up her image. She had no choice. She got sued. Propping up her image is just a bonus and she's going to get richer off it. Good for her.

To be clear, I 100% support her.

SpaceWolf

Banned

What on earth would bring you to this conclusion?

Top Bottom