• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"He had a handful of my ass.": Taylor Swift testifies in groping case against DJ

taylor.swift.david.mueller.leaked.photo.tmz.jpg

He "thought it was her spine" :lol

Sephzilla

The suing for $1 and demanding an apology, most definitely. It makes it seem like she's standing up for the principle when in reality I don't think she actually cares about the principle but just wants to manipulate that into increased fame and applause.

what the fuck

pJFQ7bu.gif

You have to be realistic.

She's milking the publicity with that counterclaim, but I don't see how anyone could believe she's in this to prop up her image. She had no choice. She got sued. Propping up her image is just a bonus and she's going to get richer off it. Good for her.

To be clear, I 100% support her.

You don't 100% support her if you think she's doing this for publicity.

octopiggy

The suing for $1 and demanding an apology, most definitely. It makes it seem like she's standing up for the principle when in reality I don't think she actually cares about the principle but just wants to manipulate that into increased fame and applause.

What response do you want from her? Just let it go?

Sephzilla

Yes the photo says she was sexually assaulted, so treat it like a normal sexual assault case, do normal victims typically only ask for $1 and an apology?

normal victims don't have more money than they can spend in their lifetime. she's doing this on principle

Jeez, relax. It's a joke that the user already apologised for... You guys need to relax and don't take it that seriously. It's perfectly clear he/she meant no harm.

Ruinning your career because of this shit gg

Posting nasty, tasteless, sexist things, even as a joke, does not make them not nasty, tasteless, and sexist.

After she wins, she should try to make peace with him by buying him a coffee with that $1, but, like, get Starbucks to write "molester" on the cup.

How is anyone thinking this is for publicity? Isn't she the one being sued in the first place? This is just her fighting back - not only for the sexual harassment, but also for her being sued over $3 million dollars for calling a spade a spade.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Swift was just another woman in a world that requires women to insist — to prove, over and over again — that their experience qualifies as truth. In a world that decides, off the bat, that women are crazy or mendacious or simply wrong.
Case and point:

Guy must have smaller hands than Donald Trump.

taylor_swift_video.jpg
After the kanye incident, I can't trust Swift anymore. She will do anything to prop up her image.

I was reading this on Reddit today. Really incredible and inspirational testimony. I'm thankful for her aggression and commitment to justice here. This is a really powerful example to set and I hope it helps other victims stand their ground.

Viewing this in a vacuum, I'm officially a Taylor Swift cheerleader. Fearless was a great album.

Dishwalla

Banned
Yes the photo says she was sexually assaulted, so treat it like a normal sexual assault case, do normal victims typically only ask for $1 and an apology?

She's saying that the money ultimately isn't important here, instead sending the message that this behavior will not be tolerated. How can you not see this?

Cuburt

The photo needs to be in the OP.

It could help weed out a lot of the people playing devil's advocate about how it was "just an accident".

I don't like Taylor swift as a public person but I hope this guy gets destroyed by the court ruling in her favor. Nobody should have to go through that harassment.

These kinds of threads always devolve into everyone arguing against one or two ignorant users, rather than discussing the topic.

We are discussing the topic:

"Swift was just another woman in a world that requires women to insist — to prove, over and over again — that their experience qualifies as truth. In a world that decides, off the bat, that women are crazy or mendacious or simply wrong."

Apharmd

Yeah, she's right. It's horrible that we make girls testify like that over and over again about something traumatic to prove guilt because of the innate bias against them.

Like what other people said, her aggression and pursuit is great.

Akainu

Glad she outed this guy...honestly makes me more a fan of hers than anything she's recorded.
It takes a lot of courage to risk any bad press associated with you when you've got a brand as big as hers, nevermind any nonsensical backlash she might get for "making trouble".
Eeh. Fuck this guy but what? Did it take courage when she lied about that fake outrage with Kanye?

I mean, that's what lawyers are supposed to do. But considering we have a photo I don't see must room for reasonable doubt as to her interpretation. I've managed to take photos with women and not have my hand down where it shouldn't be, doesn't seem like it's that hard.

A lawyer can turn down a case. In fact, a lawyer is required under most states' rules of civil procedure to not bring a frivolous case in front of a court. This looks about as frivolous as it gets. Hope Swift's attorneys asked for fees and report this dumbass.

Velcro Fly

She's only asking for $1 but that doesn't mean she won't get more. She has pledged to donate whatever she gets to causes that help out women in these situations.

Gattsu25

Banned
Mueller is also arguing that Swift’s accusation has wrecked his career prospects and his name; for that, he is seeking as much as $3 million from Swift. (She is seeking $1, and in court documents said she filed suit only to “serv[e] as an example to other women who may resist publicly reliving similar outrageous and humiliating acts.”)
Badass. I hope he loses in the most public way possible and her message gets out to people who are also suffering humiliating and degrading acts.

bedlamite

How did this guy think he'd be able to grope one of the biggest pop stars on the planet and get away with it? Also, suing her afterwards?

He fucked up, twice

Even though this was a bad experience for her, its amazing how she's taking no shit and not seemigly ashamed or blaming herself . Fuck that dude

Dishwalla

Banned
I mean arguing that she's only doing this to prop up her image is stupid, she's only one of the biggest names in the world. You know that as soon as her next album drops it's gonna sell gangbusters, with or without this incident. Taylor Swift is one person who doesn't need help or need to pull a stunt to get her name out there, she does that just by being Taylor Swift.

Top Bottom