• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hey Ono, #PS3SticksForSF5

vg260

This should be #PS3sticksonPS4

There's Injustice, GGXrd, and Ultra that could use it too.

Sony needs to help get this incorporated either system-level or so it can be patched in to games easily.

Neoxon

『Inaba Resident』;142217785 said:
It also couldn't hurt to tell Combofiend.
I know hes a community manager, but letting him know would also be good.
Got it

JPS Kai

In the meantime, I recommend the TitanOne. For older systems like the PS3, it's just plug in and go (I use a Chun Li TE 360 stick on PS3).

XB1 and PS4 need authentication to make work,the PS4 being more intrusive with the requirement of having to pair with a bluetooth adapter to maintain a constant signal BUT it does work if you know what you're doing.

Hopefully Sony can drop the 10-minute authentication dealio so that I could use my stick without needing any of that, but it's at least a decent bandaid until a better solution comes about.

Skilletor

This should be #PS3sticksonPS4

There's Injustice, GGXrd, and Ultra that could use it too.

Sony needs to help get this incorporated either system-level or so it can be patched in to games easily.

Don't forget mkx, yatagarasu, and doa5lr right around the corner.

I don't like skullgirls much, but I'm buying it on ps3 just because of the effort they've put in with this driver.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
While the PS4 can't natively support them
That's because Sony doesn't want to, it most definitely can. Same with the Multimedia Remote and all that, some high level bullshit going on there.

Anung

Un Rama
Luckily my fightstick is compatible with both PS3 and PS4. Using it mainly for Under Night In-Birth at the minute while I wait for good PS4 fighting games to come out.

Konosuke

Hey OP add this:

Developers & official channels:

Ono
Adam Boyes
Yoshida
CapcomUnity
Combofiend
PlayStation
PlayStation Europe
AskPlayStation
CapcomFighters
Street Fighter

Noted Fighting Game Community persons:

Gootecks
Mike Ross
Alex Valle
James Chen
UltraDavid
Spooky
Justin Wong
Maximillian
MarkMan
Tom Cannon
Tony Cannon
Mr.Wizard
Seth Killian

Tweet using #PS3SticksForSF5

Also, to everyone attending Capcom Cup next weekend (December 13), while Ono is on stage please show signs asking for stick support or showing #PS3SticksForSF5.

Neoxon

Hey OP add this:

Developers & official channels:

Ono
Adam Boyes
Yoshida
CapcomUnity
Combofiend
PlayStation
PlayStation Europe
AskPlayStation
CapcomFighters
Street Fighter

Noted Fighting Game Community persons:

Gootecks
Mike Ross
Alex Valle
James Chen
UltraDavid
Spooky
Justin Wong
Maximillian
MarkMan
Tom Cannon
Tony Cannon
Mr.Wizard
Seth Killian

Tweet using #PS3SticksForSF5

Also, to everyone attending Capcom Cup next weekend (December 13), while Ono is on stage please show signs asking for stick support or showing #PS3SticksForSF5.
Added, thanks.

zlatko

Banned
I MAY end up ponying up for a new stick only because I LOVE Street Fighter, and my TE2 for 360 is ragged.

However...I am open to modding it so that my 360 one would work on PS4. I'd be all over it. I don't really want to replace the gate again if I get a new one, and I like the buttons I have. Just extra work. :p

vg260

Don't forget mkx, yatagarasu, and doa5lr right around the corner.
Oops, yeah. Lots of fighters coming!

I don't like skullgirls much, but I'm buying it on ps3 just because of the effort they've put in with this driver.

Same here. No interest in the game, but I'm gonna buy it as a show of support for the effort.

Ibuki

Banned
I hope this actually works! I bought a Hori Fighting Edge last year and really want to use it for USFIV, SF5, GG XRD, etc.

Neoxon

not that familiar with fighting sticks, but do ps3 ones work on pc?
For the most part, yes. I recall there being exceptions, but those are few & far between. Pretty much every PS3 stick that's still being sold today is fair game on the PC.

Not that I'm not for this, but if they introduced ps4 sticks that can work natively with the pc for no fuss cross play Id prefer that.

Makes the most sense if they are going for the unified community.

Kamek

I know this isn't exactly on topic, but can my hori ps3 stick work on PC? I think I have the HRAP3 SA.

McSpidey

Can you convert a 360 TE stick to work as a PS3 Stick to use this driver? I'm gonna guess a bunch of us will need that.

Neoxon

I know this isn't exactly on topic, but can my hori ps3 stick work on PC? I think I have the HRAP3 SA.
I think so, but don't quote me on that.

Can you convert a 360 TE stick to work as a PS3 Stick to use this driver? I'm gonna guess a bunch of us will need that.
If you mod your stick to work with the PS3 (which is easier than having to do the other way around), yes.

Nocturno999

+1. I have 2 sticks and I plan to buy one later. Adding compatibility will make the PS4 the default console in most tournaments and EVO since a lot of people have PS3 fighting sticks.

OmegaDL50

Yeah I bought a special edition Qanba Q4 RAF for $200 and I'll be really bummed out if I can't use the thing on SF5 and other PS4 fighters.

Mikey Jr.

I don't play fighting games, thusly do not care about sticks.

Having said that, I tweeted everyone I could to help you guys out.

For some reason, I read "sticks" as a verb and thought that this is another of those senseless petitions. Good that I thought to read the OP, hah.

Top Bottom