• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hey Ono, #PS3SticksForSF5

Neoxon

I wish someone would make some new Saturn 6 button like controllers for the newer systems.
1751494-free_shipping_classic_sega_saturn_game_pad_controller_for_sony_ps3_computer_video_game_controller_usb.jpg

It also comes in black.

I don't see were the problem would be tech wise to allow ps3 sticks support independently of the specific game via an official o.s. level driver by Sony.

Every modern console can support any accessory whatsoever if it's allowed to.

I can't go back to using a pad, I just can't. But if I buy another stick my girlfriend is gonna break it over my head, even though she uses them too.

Konosuke

Yep, it doesn't work as expected. So for people like me that have a TE or a TEv2, the only options are modding the stick or buying a new one.

fader

As common sense as this is: Madcatz and co. would be losing so many potential dollars. Makes me think it won't happen.

"Lots of love to the Skullgirls team for making this happen!" he said. "I've already seen a few comments online where people mentioned that myself or Mad Catz are probably angry because we can't sell you a new $200 PS4 stick. This is so far from the truth. We are glad that you can continue to use your FightStick & hope more developers follow suit so that our products can become your weapons for more years to come. Happy gaming!"
-Markman

Skilletor

As common sense as this is: Madcatz and co. would be losing so many potential dollars. Makes me think it won't happen.

Seems to me they've been doing really well these past few years precisely because of all the new fighters releasing. There's a reason there are so many different MadCatz and Hori sticks available. New fighters will make more people buy new sticks regardless.

This would be a good thing for developers to support because it could help adoption and it decreases the barrier of entry for players that require sticks.

I'm not likely to buy USF4 on PS4 because I will only have one stick at the time of release. I WOULD buy it on PS4 if they used this driver. I already know tons of people who will not buy SF5 on PS4, opting for the PC version, just because of sticks.

I mean, sure, either way Capcom makes money, but it makes console adoption more likely.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
This is a really complicated subject because it also becomes a licensing issue. A lot of sticks, including some of our old ones, are not officially licensed Sony products. Moving forward for PS4, the way things work now is that they have to be licensed to be compatible with the console.

Anyways, as I stated we (Mad Catz) are supportive of this because A) we want people to still use our products. Products that have won awards and become pivotal weapons for their respective owners. We don't want that to go down the drain. Additionally B) we are still supportive of PS3. If we weren't, we wouldn't even bother making a stick for Persona 4 The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold or Guilty Gear Xrd be compatible with PS3 AND PS4.

And really let's focus on playing games and getting more people into fighting games.

Kimosabae

Banned
Does the Driver still work with Skullgirls? I heard a Sony patch removed it, or some such.

And really let's focus on playing games and getting more people into fighting games.

Uhh... being able to use my PS3 Madcatz sticks on my PS4 accomplishes just that.

Neoxon

This is a really complicated subject because it also becomes a licensing issue. A lot of sticks, including some of our old ones, are not officially licensed Sony products. Moving forward for PS4, the way things work now is that they have to be licensed to be compatible with the console.

Anyways, as I stated we (Mad Catz) are supportive of this because A) we want people to still use our products. Products that have won awards and become pivotal weapons for their respective owners. We don't want that to go down the drain. Additionally B) we are still supportive of PS3. If we weren't, we wouldn't even bother making a stick for Persona 4 The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold or Guilty Gear Xrd be compatible with PS3 AND PS4.

Glad you guys support the cause. Aren't the later PS3 sticks licensed?

Skilletor

Does the Driver still work with Skullgirls? I heard a Sony patch removed it, or some such.

Uhh... being able to use my PS3 Madcatz sticks on my PS4 accomplishes just that.

Skullgirls isn't even out on ps4. You might be thinking of a patch that removed the ability for ps360's to be used even for the 8 minutes before Sony's reauthorization.

I like to use a fighting edge with my ps4

Best stick. Playing Xrd on my White Fighting edge right now.

Moofers

They still make and sell ps3 sticks. Either way they are going to sell more sticks and this campaign raises awareness of their brand.

jacobeid

Banned
I just tweeted my support. I have a TE and an Eightarc Fusion that I really want to use.

If not, PC it is.

Edit: Official support for my eightarc would also get me to buy GG Xrd on PS4.

Will they really?

I think that even with this driver they wont see a drop in sales, anymore than the official PS2 adapter hurt sales of PS3 fightsticks.

Regardless, people are still going to buy madcatz sticks regardless which version is sold.

Besides that, there are quite a few users here and generally in the FGC that own several sticks. I am pretty unconvinced that over the course of a generation, these people wont be buying another stick, driver or no driver.

This is more a way to ease into the platform. If sony were smart, they would mandate it for this title.

Unlike with logitech, Madcatz is already an official Sony partner, So it doesn't effect Sony either way.

kasane

Skullgirls isn't even out on ps4. You might be thinking of a patch that removed the ability for ps360's to be used even for the 8 minutes before Sony's reauthorization.

Best stick. Playing Xrd on my White Fighting edge right now.

the buttons are disgusting tier tho

the stick tho

kreygasm

Neoxon

We've gained a lot of traction in one day, but we can't stop here. Keep tweeting, keep retweeting, raise hell on YouTube. We need to keep raising awareness of our cause.

Ferrio

Banned
"Lots of love to the Skullgirls team for making this happen!" he said. "I've already seen a few comments online where people mentioned that myself or Mad Catz are probably angry because we can't sell you a new $200 PS4 stick. This is so far from the truth. We are glad that you can continue to use your FightStick & hope more developers follow suit so that our products can become your weapons for more years to come. Happy gaming!"
-Markman

You expect them to come out and actually say "Fuck the community we're losing money"? Selling new sticks are in the interest, so is putting on a good face for the community. Call me when they're actually talking to these companies asking them firsthand to put in the support. Until then this is just PR.

I just wish there had been more options already. The hayabusa RAP4 I got is an okay stick, but I preferred my Qanba way more. The case and build of it were just way superior. But I'm stuck with it cause it was the only damn choice.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Ferrio you think it's just PR? lol. Trust issues?

Okay. I totally regret talking to devs about this SINCE it was established, yep.

Nah I don't care what people say, I care about what happens. Til then I'll just keep fighting the good fight. It's not like we haven't listented to the community before. We have always tried to appeal to them as long as it is without our power.

Ferrio

Banned
Ferrio you think it's just PR? lol. Trust issues?

Okay. I totally regret talking to devs about this SINCE it was established, yep.

Nah I don't care what people say, I care about what happens. Til then I'll just keep fighting the good fight. It's not like we haven't listented to the community before. We have always tried to appeal to them as long as it is without our power.

I have no issues with you or madcatz on this subject, nor do I think you're not being sincere when you say that.

But what have devs first hand said about it? You guys are in the Xrd credits, I assume you talked to arc systems? Did you approach them about it, how hard did you push, what was their response?

As a company I doubt you'll go out of your way to push the issue, you might mention it.. but you'll not put up much of a fight for it. Nor should you for that matter. As I said I'm over it, I'm just bummed at the lack of options for PS4 players currently.

broz0rs

I have faith that MarkMan will do what he can. He knows most of us are broke lol

With that said, if I'm the President of MadCatz or Hori I can't help but be excited by future earnings potential.

Top Bottom