• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hey Ono, #PS3SticksForSF5

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This is the strangest thread. A PS4 stick is inevitable, just like a Capcom/SFV/MadCatz partnership. It will be announced when it will be announced, probably this week.

C'mon now, we're going to do twitter campaigns for things this inevitable now?

ArjanN

This is the strangest thread. A PS4 stick is inevitable, just like a Capcom/SFV/MadCatz partnership. It will be announced when it will be announced, probably this week.

What are you talking about?

I wish someone would make some new Saturn 6 button like controllers for the newer systems.

Hori's Fighting Commander 4 has been out for a few months. Works on PS4 and is even BC with PS3.

main_f.jpg

Skilletor

Do you even know what this thread is about?

There are already ps4 sticks, btw.

chunk3rvd

Slightly OT but are the PS3 Madcatz TE sticks just plug and play on PC? Could I use one with MAME or Retroarch without much fuss?

?

i have no idea how this works but i'm all for it

i'm heading to twitter =)

I don't think they will deploy it universally as that would defeat the point of licensed products (the rule is there to prevent another PS3jb key)

But I don't see why at the certification stage for each fighting game, sony cant add the driver to the games final code, with the dev teams help.

Even make it part of the sdk for any dev making a fighting game. That would make it far eaiser for it to be implimented.

BadWolf

Yeah it's very important to get them to do it with SFV I think, that greatly increases chances of it becoming the norm or at least happening often.

This thread is about getting PS3 sticks to work on PS4.

People shouldn't be forced to buy a new stick when it's possible to make their old one's work, as shown by the Skullgirls devs.

GamerJM

Banned
Hori's Fighting Commander 4 has been out for a few months. Works on PS4 and is even BC with PS3.

main_f.jpg

Is this any good? As a pad player I've just been playing on a DS3 forever but I kind of want to get a six-button controller like this. The lack of a Saturn-style D-pad kind of turns me off though.

Is this any good? As a pad player I've just been playing on a DS3 forever but I kind of want to get a six-button controller like this. The lack of a Saturn-style D-pad kind of turns me off though.

It plays great but if you're specifically looking for a disc-style sega directional pad it's not gonna make the cut.

@Wreck

I don't think they will deploy it universally as that would defeat the point of licensed products (the rule is there to prevent another PS3jb key)

But I don't see why at the certification stage for each fighting game, sony cant add the driver to the games final code, with the dev teams help.

Even make it part of the sdk for any dev making a fighting game. That would make it far eaiser for it to be implimented.

aw ic good point on the PS3jb key yeah don't want that for sure

I hope they do make part of the process for all fighting games on the PS4

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Bollocks. I'm guessing you're reffering to this stick which is the one I have (PS3)?

If so, are there any drivers available that will let me use it? I have MotioninJoy installed so I'm guessing that might let me use it as a controller?

First gen ones have problems on non-intel machines so if you have intel you can plug it in and see if the buttons actually capture correctly.

jacobeid

Banned

1. You clearly didn't read this thread before posting.
2. Skullgirls dev created a driver that allows PS3 sticks to be used on PS4. They will give this away for free to other developers.
3. MadCatz officially supports this driver.
4. C'mon now, read before posting.

Neoxon

Ferrio you think it's just PR? lol. Trust issues?

Okay. I totally regret talking to devs about this SINCE it was established, yep.

Nah I don't care what people say, I care about what happens. Til then I'll just keep fighting the good fight. It's not like we haven't listented to the community before. We have always tried to appeal to them as long as it is without our power.
Don't let that guy get to you. Most of us appreciate your support.

mr2t

Banned
I have no issues with you or madcatz on this subject, nor do I think you're not being sincere when you say that.

But what have devs first hand said about it? You guys are in the Xrd credits, I assume you talked to arc systems? Did you approach them about it, how hard did you push, what was their response?

As a company I doubt you'll go out of your way to push the issue, you might mention it.. but you'll not put up much of a fight for it. Nor should you for that matter. As I said I'm over it, I'm just bummed at the lack of options for PS4 players currently.

Exactly what I've been thinking. It would be simple to implement a generic driver if they really wanted to.

I also have both a ps4 and xbone ultra sf4 stick ordered and I'm still unhappy about the driver issue. I know people that just won't buy a new stick because they think it's a ripoff.

Skilletor

Exactly what I've been thinking. It would be simple to implement a generic driver if they really wanted to.

I also have both a ps4 and xbone ultra sf4 stick ordered and I'm still unhappy about the driver issue. I know people that just won't buy a new stick because it's a ripoff.

I don't know that Sony would be too happy with a licensed product shipping with unapproved drivers.

I admit to not knowing much about how these things work, though.

I'm one of those guys who already bought a ps3/4 stick for the future while owning madcatz te stick for ps3. I hope they do support ps3 sticks as they should. People shouldn't have to spend an extra 100+ on a stick they already have.

Neoxon

I'm one of those guys who already bought a ps3/4 stick for the future while owning madcatz te stick for ps3. I hope they do support ps3 sticks as they should. People shouldn't have to spend an extra 100+ on a stick they already have.
Thanks for your support.

I'm all for this. I've been using my TE Stick for a longtime and would love to continue using it for SFV. The new TE2 Sticks look great, so I'm sure they'll do well regardless. I know this might sound silly to some people, but I really love my TE. I'd hate knowing I wouldn't be able to use it in future gaming sessions on PS4.

Anyway, I'm going to participate in getting the message out there. Thanks for making this thread, Neoxon.

Neoxon

I'm all for this. I've been using my TE Stick for a longtime and would love to continue using it for SFV. The new TE2 Sticks look great, so I'm sure they'll do well regardless. I know this might sound silly to some people, but I really love my TE. I'd hate knowing I wouldn't be able to use it in future gaming sessions on PS4.

Anyway, I'm going to participate in getting the message out there. Thanks for making this thread, Neoxon.
tumblr_n8rn0iRGaC1rwtl3wo2_500.gif

Clawww

if old sticks were compatible I would probably have bought a PS4 by now to hop on XRD. as it stands, I'll hold out for the PC version of GG

I don't have a twitter but im 100% in support of this, as i have a ps3 stick and im buying SFV when it comes out so i really hope it happens

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
MarkMan please support this. My stick is already compatible with everything but PS4 and having driver support would be awesome.

They worked with Guiltygear Xrd to do...

???

It should be painfully clear by now that they aren't going to be helping with backwards compatibility drivers.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
They worked with Guiltygear Xrd to do...

???

It should be painfully clear by now that they aren't going to be helping with backwards compatibility drivers.

We (Mad Catz) make hardware. We don't do software/drivers. You want to know what we did for them? We worked with them to make a licensed and branded Guilty Gear product and helped them market/promote the game. We also supported them at event activations throughout Asia/Japan.

It should be painfully clear that was information that most people didn't know.

It should also be painfully clear that this game and the coding for it was finalized long before the Lab Zero patch was made available.

We (Mad Catz) make hardware. We don't do software/drivers. You want to know what we did for them? We worked with them to make a licensed and branded Guilty Gear product and helped them market/promote the game. We also supported them at event activations throughout Asia/Japan.

It should be painfully clear that was information that most people didn't know.

It should also be painfully clear that this game and the coding for it was finalized long before the Lab Zero patch was made available.
Honest question, since I don't know this stuff: when you make a stick, is all of the support for the stick coded into all of the games it plays for?

Also, any updates on the GG Xrd PS4 sticks? :)

Varth

Please support this a little more than you did with my own, humble try, that had like one retweet.

Also, my proposal for the #stickwithit hash was better :p

I also tried with Ed Boone. No dice. At least ArcSys aknowledged the existence of LabZero drivers.

I think the best bet we have is to try and get the FGC community into this. Maybe some pro, if there's someone not sponsored directly by stick manufacturers. Tried that, too. No dice. I guess Shoryuken.com is more interested in news about the new licensed stick coming out.

Neoxon

Please support this a little more than you did with my own, humble try, that had like one retweet.

Also, my proposal for the #stickwithit hash was better :p

I also tried with Ed Boone. No dice. At least ArcSys aknowledged the existence of LabZero drivers.

I think the best bet we have is to try and get the FGC community into this. Maybe some pro, if there's someone not sponsored directly by stick manufacturers. Tried that, too. No dice. I guess Shoryuken.com is more interested in news about the new licensed stick coming out.
Everything you're doing is appreciated.

Varth

Getting devs to implement the lab zero driver would be nice, but I'd rather hound Sony...is buy a second ps4 if I got OS level support

Already did, to Shu.

But Ravi later explained it must be implemented on a game to game basis. So you want to do something @noobde, @Yoshi_OnoChin and @ArcSystemWorksU is the way to go. also, I feel like any show of will of the FG community will make others reconsider their position on that. The real danger is sending out the message that ,given the choice between buying another dual format stick or harrassing (in a civil way) devs, we'd choose the former out of lazyness.

hesido

Agreed.

Will we live in a world where we'll be forced to accept to buy the exact same hardware every generation? I hope gamers do not put up with this.

I hope Sony won't have a shitty excuse along the lines of "But these new arcade sticks will have touchpad and lightbar". (Much like "Rumble interfering with the Sixaxis" excuse, or the "Move controller doesn't have analogue stick, but who would be able to use it as you'll be flailing anyway" excuse, they have no shortage of excuses for such occasions)

I'm not going to keep purchasing usb hardware when the ones I have are perfectly fine.

Already did, to Shu.

But Ravi later explained it must be implemented on a game to game basis. So you want to do something @noobde, @Yoshi_OnoChin and @ArcSystemWorksU is the way to go. also, I feel like any show of will of the FG community will make others reconsider their position on that. The real danger is sending out the message that ,given the choice between buying another dual format stick or harrassing (in a civil way) devs, we'd choose the former out of lazyness.
of course the lab zero driver is game by game, but nothing is stopping Sony from implementing their own at OS level other than fear of another usb hack. Fear doesn't justify fucking consumers...see SecuROM

hesido

of course the lab zero driver is game by game, but nothing is stopping Sony from implementing their own at OS level other than fear of another usb hack. Fear doesn't justify fucking consumers...see SecuROM

Sony's security problem with PS3 was having a frigging usb dongle that puts the darned thing into debug mode. Apparently this was done for refurbishing PS3's at the factory of whatever the stupid reason. (Yeah, I can't accept the fact that they had a very convenient dongle for the job, they could have a debugger with a signed executable, for example, if they were hell bent on refurbishing units in that manner)

They are being too much cautious than probably what is necessary to keep the PS4 safe. I hope they provide OS native drivers that doesn't put PS4 into debug mode when I go ↑↑↓↓←→←→BA with my fight stick.

Top Bottom