• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitbox.tv | Switch from Twitch

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Didn't look like there was a NeoGAF team so I went ahead and made one. If you want to join, just reply to this post with your Hitbox username. If you've got a 2000x400 image we can use as a cover that would be nice too!

http://www.hitbox.tv/team/neogaf

Yo! Would love to join please! Getting ready to start a neogaf-noob lets play for Stars Without Number. Trying to decide to stream on twitch or hitbox.

TheTriniTrin is my username!

I currently have 54 followers on Twitch, and I've been streaming on Twitch since before Twitch was Twitch. My largest viewer count was about 90 when I streamed the Destiny beta on PS3.

I signed up to Hitbox in 2013.

Going forward, I will now be using Hitbox.

I really like their site layout and UI, I can't recall if they've been tweaking that stuff much over the months since I first gave it a go. Their highlights and "Push to YouTube" stuff all works as expected, and I'm certainly not losing much in the jump!

skasaha

Neo Member
Didn't look like there was a NeoGAF team so I went ahead and made one. If you want to join, just reply to this post with your Hitbox username. If you've got a 2000x400 image we can use as a cover that would be nice too!

Would love to join please :) I"m emmeryn on hitbox.tv

EDIT: oh not supposed to have GAF in the name of the group? ah well I'll wait for the rename then.

Nanashrew

Banned
I currently have 54 followers on Twitch, and I've been streaming on Twitch since before Twitch was Twitch. My largest viewer count was about 90 when I streamed the Destiny beta on PS3.

I signed up to Hitbox in 2013.

Going forward, I will now be using Hitbox.

I really like their site layout and UI, I can't recall if they've been tweaking that stuff much over the months since I first gave it a go. Their highlights and "Push to YouTube" stuff all works as expected, and I'm certainly not losing much in the jump!

There's more kinks to work out and more additions to come from what some of the staff members said in Cosmo's stream. Front page is planned to get a redesign and we'll get dark themes.

They also showed they are willing to look into things and want community feedback (like dark themes). I know someone brought up the Wii U browser and they'll be looking into that as well, it apparently does already work with the mobile version of hitbox. Might be good to check out to be sure.

They seem like a really nice group of people from what I've seen thus far.

SerTapTap

Oh my fault, I'm streaming PC games, not console ones. The DXtory recommendation seems like a solid one.

I do both, though they both have entirely separate problems that annoy the crap out of me. Anything that's not a 1080p PC game has major issues and Mercenary Kings seems to break it entirely

selectsurvivalmode

I'm not by my computer, but I suggest a giant picture of Jerry Seinfeld.

Edit: Hopefully not too off topic, but are there any suggestions for streaming console games? OBS has issues with audio and drops frames when it shouldn't, the Elagto program is great but doesn't have a lot of customization options, and xsplit gives me a blue screen of death whenever I start it up.

selectsurvivalmode

I'm not by my computer, but I suggest a giant picture of Jerry Seinfeld.

Edit: Hopefully not too off topic, but are there any suggestions for streaming console games? OBS has issues with audio and drops frames when it shouldn't, the Elagto program is great but doesn't have a lot of customization options, and xsplit gives me a blue screen of death whenever I start it up.

I can't say I've had any real issues streaming 360, PS3 or PS4 games using OBS and AVERmedia capture card. It's just getting the balance right between your bandwidth, CPU and the servers ability to handle the bitrate.

Samus4145

I can't say I've had any real issues streaming 360, PS3 or PS4 games using OBS and AVERmedia capture card. It's just getting the balance right between your bandwidth, CPU and the servers ability to handle the bitrate.

I agree. I have yet to see a single frame drop when using OBS. I've tried wirecast 5, but the quality is so much worse than OBS.

So I tried streaming a playthrough of something the other night.
Oddly, it was cut into two recordings and there's a little bit of missing footage between them.
Furthermore, I exported both videos (made from the two recordings) to YT before I had my YT account set up to handle videos of longer than 15 minutes in length and did not know to split them.
Now when I try to re-export/push them to my YT channel, if I pick the same channel as before, I see a popup window flash by quickly and nothing happens. If I choose another one of my channels, I'm given a popup with the permissions settings...

Can anyone help?

I had a little chuckle at this in the video manager section of Hitbox:

So unless you save them, they'll be deleted. Twitch did this too, to be fair.

Yes, but I think hitbox lets you keep your "videos" indefinitely, whereas twitch will delete your highlights as well after some small window of time unless you are a turbo member (or something like that).

Yes, but I think hitbox lets you keep your "videos" indefinitely, whereas twitch will delete your highlights as well after some small window of time unless you are a turbo member (or something like that).

Wait twitch are deleting highlights too? I thought it was just 'Save Forever' VODs. Hmm.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
I have used Hitbox for a few days now and it works silky smooth for me. Most of the time, Twitch doesn't work perfectly for me and I have a 50 Mbps connection. I guess the popularity + the site using Flash might be the culprit for my connections woes with it.

Deadstar

I would like to see the pro consumer site win out so hopefully twitch goes down after making all of these terrible changes.

Dragon

Banned
Twitch has an iOS app and an unofficial Roku app. I use these all the time, are there hitbox versions of these? I know there's a mobile hitbox site but just wondering.

Jim Sterling is streaming Dynasty Warriors on Hitbox right now. Made some comments about feeling uneasy that Google has such a large grasp on both pre-recorded media and game streaming.

It seems the streams aren't saved cause I can't see anything on his profile? Would have liked his comments on this.

roknin

Twitch is just straight up clown shoes at this point lol. Guess I better go grab my broadcasts, too.

If I even can. (-_-')

roknin

Nothing set up yet outside a basic account, but after I'm done moving at the end of this month and get my net set back up, I'm hoping to start streaming gameplay again and TBH I haven't liked Twitch in a good while, sooooooo yah'.

Top Bottom