• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman beta opens to PS+ members on 4th March

Kaversmed

Can't delete betas from the library so nope

Otherwise I'd try it

That's a weird reason not to try it out. I mean, I can understand it looks messy in the library but to hold out on game betas and demos because it puts icons in your library sounds like OCD to me.

Chabbles

Can't delete betas from the library so nope

Otherwise I'd try it

Im still trying this beta, but that does suck how the betas stay in your library. I downloaded Rocket League yesterday (or what i thought was), booted it up and stared getting connection error messages.. its the damn beta!. lol, in the main library menu, theres no telling them apart.

Just finished the beta missions. I didn't 100% them just played through them once and while I liked them I'm just hesitant that the episodic content is going to be a bit content light. I don't know if I care enough to replay the same level 10 times to get all the different assassination types etc. Obviously this was just a prologue type deal so I'm guessing the main levels will be more expansive?

I enjoyed the demo but I certainly won't be picking it up until the full game is released and I get an idea of the amount of content that will eventually be available. It's a shame it's episodic and will be waiting till at least the year end before its all out.

KaoteK

Sweet, really want to give this a go, got to love the trend of betas before release.

Just bought blood money on Steam, so lots of murdering awaits.

Qwark

Im still trying this beta, but that does suck how the betas stay in your library. I downloaded Rocket League yesterday (or what i thought was), booted it up and stared getting connection error messages.. its the damn beta!. lol, in the main library menu, theres no telling them apart.

This is so annoying! I think the only difference between the icon is that one has flames and one does not, I mix them up constantly. Luckily, Rocket League is usually in my 10 frequent apps.

Honestly, I don't blame people for avoiding Hitman for this, especially if they don't really care about the franchise. It is annoying the demos/betas show up in the library forever, so for me it's not worth adding a new icon for a series that I don't really care about, just to try it out. It wouldn't be so bad if they clearly identified it being a beta/demo, but from what I've seen, they do not.

0OoO0

Was excited to see my hometown of Sydney being featured in a videogame for once but then they base the stage in a freaking shipping construction yard with the AI all speaking in American accents. WTF?

Is it me or is the framerate shitty?
Game bugged out in me while hiding in a closet.
Froze completey a couple of times.

I do like the gameplay though.

JohnDrake

Played a bit. Meh. I guess I wasn't made for Hitman. I am happy the fans are enjoying it and it seems to be what they wanted of the franchise.

Inviusx

So both the Hitman & Uncharted betas open this weekend and I'm stuck at work?

Of course this would happen to me.

adarker

Banned
Frame rate sucks, mad glitchy, horrendous voice acting, bit it is kinda fun.First pass through I was on fire. Second pass is same mission but a few things changed and they keep catching me...lol. I have now went from "Who cares?" to "Maybe".

The cutscene audio for me is out of sync.

Yes it is! Wow!

Frame rate sucks, mad glitchy, horrendous voice acting, bit it is kinda fun.First pass through I was on fire. Second pass is same mission but a few things changed and they keep catching me...lol. I have now went from "Who cares?" to "Maybe".

Yes it is! Wow!

First time through, I went onto the shop with the mechanic disguise, got the chef disguise, then the target saw me and followed me into the kitchen. I killed him before he could make me. Done. No alerts. Took maybe 3 minutes.

Frame rate does suck indeed. Opening sequence at first is 60 fps, then drops to 30 and ranges from there.
Wasn't even 30 from what i played (i think..). And nothing was going on either. Just walking.
Is it the ai in the level?

I hope it will be a good steady framerate at launch.

Doofcake

It was okay. Framerate was horrid though, tons of drops. One of the things I noticed that caused massive framedrops was looking at a mirror in bathrooms. Some coders need to learn a more efficient way of making mirrors.

Other than performance issues, it's still the same Hitman game. Nothing new really. Personally not interested, I never really cared for the story in these games. I just want to get a mission, go in and be a silent assassin and get out. So yeah, besides the story, there's nothing new. It's the exact same gameplay since Codename 47.

sn00zer

It's great! but there are audio issues and the framerate is all over the place.
Kinda figured this was the "beta" stuff.... i imagine it'll be fixed by final release

In other news the setting is super cool (HINT: look up)

nel e nel

why would that be an issue?

I'm still wondering this myself. I asked this question in the firmware beta thread, but didn't get an answer. How many games are you playing at once that you need to use the library to access them? I just did a count of the frequently played list on the main menu, and even being generous and not counting apps like video, share factory, Spotify, etc, I counted 36 games. Like, are people playing 40+ games simultaneously that they need to scroll all the way to the library to boot them up?

I enjoyed it, but it's definitely not a Day One purchase for me. Far too buggy, a bit unclear on what it wants you to do/how to do it and performance is a shit show, but the core gameplay is Absolution mixed with Blood Money, which is to say, pretty damn good.

I'll hop in once the full release rolls around and a discount hits, probably around Winter time.

kowhai

Wow, I played 10 minutes. Personally I felt the performance was unacceptable. Game play felt stale as well. Deleted after first mission fail. I might pick up one the cheap a year from now though.

Top Bottom