• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN gameplay videos leak

The only thing I dislike is the over-the-shoulder camera. I hope there's a toggle or they switch back to the classic centered angle.

justjim89

I may be alone in this but why do hitman games even need a cover mechanic?

I just hope they can recover some of the sandbox feel from blood money.

If a playthrough devolves into shooting, or you have the occasional need to be stealthy and hidden, the game ought to have sufficient mechanics for it. It needs to suit multiple playstyles and approaches and the rapid switching between them if the situation dictates.

Compare to Blood Money and earlier where the shooting is ass and the sneaking/hiding is ass.

Diana tells you where your disguise gives you access. I wholeheartedly welcome that addition. Takes out a lot of trial and error.

Trial and error was my favourite part of this series. I'm not a big fan of games that tell you how they should be played, it takes the fun out of it.

Looks great to me! I trust them to get the game done by December with no funny business. My only worry now is that they're going to end up releasing a game that feels unfinished in terms of there not being enough levels or an unsatisfying end to the story arc, but I'm very down to play a Hitman game that gets regular updates. Just as long as the original purchase feels like it's worth the $60 to me with the first playthrough (not a hard thing to do as even Absolution felt worth it to me).

Yep looks like a full-fledged old-school Hitman, which is why i don't understand the reason to make it episodic and digital-only. From the initial reveal, i thought it would play like a F2P game (quality and budget-wise). Apparently it's not.

Coflash

Nice!

It's great having evidence that you can see.

The only thing I'd suggest is that they slow things down. Everything he does is done a lot faster than in Blood Money, it sort of takes the tension away from timing everything correctly/perfectly.

Kolx

The last proper Hitman game we had was before two gens so I'm happy that we can finally have a proper Hitman. My only problem is the release date and how they're releasing the game which might affect the game sales so badly that we won't see another Hitman game for this gen.

I must be one of few people in this world who really liked Absolution.

If the game didn't have Hitman in its title and had a different protagonist then I think it would have been received in a much better way. At least from Hitman fans.

Just confirms what the short webms in the other thread were pointing towards....a return to what made Hitman the must play social stealth game.

Glad to see Abomination was a blip and the developer took all the criticisms about the game seriously and went back to the series' roots.

Now we wait to see what the Thief developers will do....

Just confirms what the short webms in the other thread were pointing towards....a return to what made Hitman the must play social stealth game.

Glad to see Abomination was a blip and the developer took all the criticisms about the game seriously and went back to the series' roots.

Now we wait to see what the Thief developers will do....

Are you referring to Looking Glass studios?

Yep looks like a full-fledged old-school Hitman, which is why i don't understand the reason to make it episodic and digital-only. From the initial reveal, i thought it would play like a F2P game (quality and budget-wise). Apparently it's not.

They're doing a full scale retail release when the season is over. So they get to do an initial release for fans this year where there can be a constant conversation about the game and then a second push with a retail unit for everyone else.

It's a interesting move.

Eidos Montreal. Aren't they one working on the Thief series now?

Isn't Montreal on Deus Ex? PR are there several Montreal studios?

Also I thought Thief didn't do well enough for them to go further with that IP.

I have no idea, I thought they were the primary developers on Thief.

Wait, seriously? I guess that's a blessing in disguise if 2014 was meant to be the new direction for that series. Still a damn shame though.

TheMoon

Looks great to me! I trust them to get the game done by December with no funny business. My only worry now is that they're going to end up releasing a game that feels unfinished in terms of there not being enough levels or an unsatisfying end to the story arc, but I'm very down to play a Hitman game that gets regular updates. Just as long as the original purchase feels like it's worth the $60 to me with the first playthrough (not a hard thing to do as even Absolution felt worth it to me).

If you play Hitman games for satisfying story you're doing it wrong. The story in all the games was complete garbage and I love that you can completely ignore it and just enjoy the games without it.^^

It's not episodic.

Eidos Montreal made Thief. Now they're making Deus Ex.

Sorri, this video has been deleted.

Scroll down and watch the dailymotion video.

For something that's coming out in less than half a year, it's not really that impressive.

Hope they at least animate a hand movement to open doors instead of Press button watch door magically open.

moojito

This is nonsense. He's practically standing next to the first chef guy and he can't see him out of his peripheral vision. He garottes him and he lets out a "hup!" noise, other chef can't hear shit. Other chef turns round and doesn't wonder why Bob has dissappeared, leaving his soup to burn.

Basically, another stealth game where you have to spend ages wondering exactly what the limits of the bullshit "realism" are for you to exploit. Bleh.

I don't think the puzzle-like appeal of these games can really be demonstrated in short clips, but everything looks like it's coming along nicely at a minute to minute gameplay level.

Lingitiz

Eidos Montreal. Aren't they one working on the Thief series now?
They're a multi team studio that did Deus Ex HR, Thief, and the new one.

You guys might be thinking of Square Enix Montreal, who were originally slated to work on a Hitman Reboot before that got canned. IDK what they're doing now. Io is doing this one.

This is nonsense. He's practically standing next to the first chef guy and he can't see him out of his peripheral vision. He garottes him and he lets out a "hup!" noise, other chef can't hear shit. Other chef turns round and doesn't wonder why Bob has dissappeared, leaving his soup to burn.

Basically, another stealth game where you have to spend ages wondering exactly what the limits of the bullshit "realism" are for you to exploit. Bleh.
Balancing. The garotte is meant to be a silent weapon, it'd be frustrating as shit if it alerted nearby npcs. And he's standing next to the chef guy while in disguise.

PreFire

Same thing I thought. Not trying to nitpick but it'd be cool if the other chef would have at least gotten confused as to why the chef 47 just choked out is missing.. Not to mention the grunt he let out a second before that. I wish there were a way to distract the chef so you wouldn't have to kill him. Poisoning the soups would be so much more satisfying.

I know it's only alpha, so I hope they add AI as they go. Also, 47's proportions looked scrunched up and wide. His character model looked like playing a game at 4:3 but stretched across a widescreen (16:9)

ArjanN

If you play Hitman games for satisfying story you're doing it wrong. The story in all the games was complete garbage and I love that you can completely ignore it and just enjoy the games without it.^^

Nah, the story for most of the Hitman games was actually above average. It's not the main reason you're there though obviously.

TheMoon

yep, looks like hitman

hope most of the HUD clutter can be disabled

Not sure why it wouldn't. You could play Absolution completely without HUD.

And that's exactly how the series worked up until now. You have meters indicating when and how much you can be seen usually and you go from there. Blood Money was no different in that regard, for example. What I did find ridiculous is how he hid behind the oven while the other cook was on the opposite side and could clearly technically see his head in full view but there they'd just had to adjust the size so line of sight doesn't look unnatural.

Nah, the story for most of the Hitman games was actually above average. It's not the main reason you're there though obviously.

You must have played other games then. I haven't finished Absolution but everything from 47 to Blood Money was complete nonsense jibber jabber to me.^^

Alpende

It looks like the game is returning to it's roots and that's great. Sneaking around, figuring a way to kill your target in a large area. That is Hitman and that's what I like.

I'll probably won't buy the game on day one though and just wait until the game has enough content.

ArjanN

With the disguise he had I think he could already just walk around the kitchen normally, I think he was just sneaking for no reason.

About the 2nd chef not reacting to the first being gone: it's a videogame. If they wanted to be completely realistic they would have to have a several minute long sequence of 47 undressing a corpse every time you changed disguises as well. Or how about the fact that no-one suspects the unknown tall white bald man with a barcode tattoo in his neck? "Nah he's wearing a kimono, he's probably a member of this asian gang, don't worry about it!"
There's always going to be certain contrivances for the sake of gameplay.

Oh wow, I remember Dailymotion used to be decent. What happened?

Game looks ok. AI needs some work, most of the interactions seem very dumb. The chef doesn't bother me, but the slow reacting guards do. And no one gives a shit to a caucasian VIP sheikh running around and jumping walls and shit.

charpunk

Only disappointing part is how they are releasing this. $60 digital only for what's essentially an early access release. While they claim the base game will be more polished than a typical early access game, we are still not getting the entire game until sometime during the course of 2016.

Jb

I hope you can turn off Diana's "hints" during the mission.
I imagine this is because this is the first level, but I'd rather figure out myself which disguise does what.

Top Bottom