• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN gameplay videos leak

Yep I'm replaying Blood Money. You'd think Blood Money had enough problems that it would be easy to know what to improve in a sequel, but Absolution failed at that spectacularly. This looks to be the game I actually wanted.

Galileo

Neo Member
Looks very promising, hopefully we'll be able to turn off the hints and the minimap.
I liked when, after triggering an alarm, the guards evacuate the building and start sweeping every room (though they should notice a conspicuous sheikh running around)
The only thing I'd suggest is that they slow things down. Everything he does is done a lot faster than in Blood Money, it sort of takes the tension away from timing everything correctly/perfectly.
Agreed, unfortunately it seems that after Assassin's Creed every videogame protagonist has to be as agile as Altair

TheMoon

Videos removed?

scroll down, find this:

Was Hitman ever that popular here?

I think Abomination might have burnt more than a few people permanently.

Not as popular as other series, certainly, but I've seen my fair share of negative talk about Absolution so I'd just think gameplay leaks of the new game showing promising things would garner more excitement overall. Or maybe it's just because it's a Sunday and America is still asleep/eating breakfast.

Agreed, unfortunately it seems that after Assassin's Creed every videogame protagonist has to be as agile as Altair

You wouldn't believe how much ledge climbing bothers me. It is completely ridiculous from a physical ability perspective in almost any instance. Nevermind the whole gravity thing. I always have to go crazy on the suspension of disbelief when my character bounces around on fingernail-width corners on walls.

zkorejo

Looks amazing. Definitely getting this one. Absolution really left a bad taste in my mouth. I was really excited for it. I just can get that much excitement for this one. Even when it looks like this is more like a real hitman game.

Happy to hear everyone saying it looks like an old Hitman game. I never played the old ones, just Absolution, but I've heard a lot of good things about them and they sound more what I was hoping Absolution would be but wasn't.

I assume we'll get actual non leaked footage of this soon? You'd think they want public support from the hitman fanbase asap with the game coming out in 5 months

I may be alone in this but why do hitman games even need a cover mechanic?

I just hope they can recover some of the sandbox feel from blood money.
1) Looks way better and more professional than crouching awkwardly near a desk or sofa or something. You know, for those suit-only attempts or waiting for a guard so you can take his outfit
If there's one thing Absolution did right, it was make 47 move and act like a highly trained assassin. Cover rather than awkward crouching, effective CQC rather than punch, punch, headbutt

2) Useful for the players who want to go the action route

mtodavk

Wow, this actually looks like a hitman game....they weren't just pulling our chains with all the PR speak. Consider me full on byped for this game now. Absolutle y loved every hitman game to death up until Absolution...

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Was Hitman ever that popular here?

I think Abomination might have burnt more than a few people permanently.
That would be dumb if it did. Especially since they seem to have taken the criticism to heart and are delivering a true Hitman experience.

Then again people are pretty dumb

TheMoon

I assume we'll get actual non leaked footage of this soon? You'd think they want public support from the hitman fanbase asap with the game coming out in 5 months

gamescom and PAX are coming up ... :)

I fully expect them to do hands-on demos at at least one of those to win the fans back over.

stephen08

That looks great.

I don't understand the complaints of story. To me Hitman follows the James Bond story in that we know the basic idea of who he is and the actual story at hand is just whatever mission he happens to be on.

The only thing that worries me about the game is this idea of selling it early and gradually releasing the content for free. I think that can be a cool model but you need to have enough content early on to get people interested and have good word of mouth. Blood Money had 12 levels and I felt like that game was well worth it. Hopefully they have a similar amount of content out of the gate here and the rest is just a bonus.

Walpurgis

Banned
This looks like it solves one of my major issues with Absolution: enemies randomly spotting you from across the map. The stealth looks a lot more forgiving and it looks like the game is actually playable without instinct mode and even without a HUD. I still need to see some crowd gameplay but the part where he climbed up a ledge to all of those people and wasn't gunned down instantly looked promising.

justjim89

I updated the OP with Dailymotion and Youtube links.

It looks thankfully like the arresting mechanic has returned from Absolution. Getting shot on sight in the older games was always such an immersion killer. Hopefully they take it a step further and actually take 47 to some kinda cell in a secure area, that could be a good trick for infiltration.

That would be dumb if it did. Especially since they seem to have taken the criticism to heart and are delivering a true Hitman experience.

Then again people are pretty dumb

I wouldn't exactly call people dumb for being burned by Absolution and being more sceptical for this game. Remember, the marketing for that game turned out to be misleading as fuck (the gameplay trailers focused on King of Chinatown and Streets of Hope, two of the very few Hitman-like levels in the game).

Interfectum

From the art direction to the mechanics, this doesn't look far enough along to be a 2015 release.

I put 8 hours into the alpha. Graphics are fine (were tuned to medium settings) and the game played great. There's bugs to iron out for sure but this is closed alpha.

SentryDown

I'll be fine with at least five levels of this one size at launch then something like 3 more & other cool stuff during 2016. If they manage of right, they can do a lot of various missions and challenges within this kind of smallish open world, just like Sly Cooper series.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Looks damn great. The Hitman I used to know.

hichanbis

Banned
Looks like the proper sequel to Blood Money we wanted.
Hope the HUD elements, minimap and voice hints can be disabled though

Everything looks great. Hopefully the lady telling you how much access each disguise has isn't something that always happens as figuring it out with logic is the best.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I'll be fine with at least five levels of this one size at launch then something like 3 more & other cool stuff during 2016. If they manage of right, they can do a lot of various missions and challenges within this kind of smallish open world, just like Sly Cooper series.
8 is a little small, Blood Money had 13 missions. I expect at least 5 in December with 1 added monthly or something.

ODDI

Tho I enjoyed my time with absolution it seems they took the best elements from it and gone back to blood money, rejoice hitman fans.

SentryDown

8 is a little small, Blood Money had 13 missions. I expect at least 5 in December with 1 added monthly or something.

But this map is so huge it can't really be compared to a Blood Money level !

And you forget than mission 1 & 13 are small linear levels (tutorial & post-credits), and some of them where really small. From this video, we can safely assume each levels contains much much more areas, challenges and opportunities than before

TheMoon

But this map is so huge it can't really be compared to a Blood Money level !

And you forget than mission 1 & 13 are small linear levels (tutorial & post-credits), and some of them where really small. From this video, we can safely assume each levels contains much much more areas, challenges and opportunities than before

the level shown here basically looked like a bigger version of the hotel from 47 and Contracts.

Top Bottom