• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN gameplay videos leak

Pifje

I just hope we get more varied levels.

From Hitman 2 I can still remember the bazar levels in the desert and the one giant tower in Kuala Lumpur where you ascended from killing a geek in the basement to top of the tower to an elite party to do some more killing. Big interesting levels with multiple parts, missions or aspects are nice.

And from Blood Money I remember the Christmas party in the snowy mountains alongside with the neighborhood level where you could dress as a clown. Variety is cool.

Big mansions such as shown in the leaked gameplay clips are filled with things to do, but I feel as levels the mansions they are getting a bit overused in the franchise. Pretty sure there have been similar levels in every single game now.

Give me more interesting locations! Whether it will be a jungle, an old Japanese village, a remote location in snowy Siberia, a horse race or a formula race, Hong Kong suburbs, huge business centres, towers or buildings, just bring in more variety. And make the levels big, as usual.

justjim89

I hope they bring back the newspaper thing from Blood Money or some sort of equivalent. Like a TV news report based on how you killed your target. How great would that be?

I hope they bring back the newspaper thing from Blood Money or some sort of equivalent. Like a TV news report based on how you killed your target. How great would that be?

I've been specifically requesting it in each of the surveys they've sent me so.. hopefully someone has noticed. :\ lol

KORNdoggy

Looking great. Don't like the whole xray vision stuff, but i hear what they showed at E3 had features that won't be in the full game, so...hopefully that's one of them.

Sadly the release method of half now at 30$ with a forced 30$ season pass doesn't really interest me. Might get it when it hits retail and we actually know the quality of all the content...

commedieu

Banned
ah, see.. thats hitman. loving what I see. nice arena to pull off an assassination was the point. a improved fighting mechanic would be nice, but not a focus.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
But this map is so huge it can't really be compared to a Blood Money level !

And you forget than mission 1 & 13 are small linear levels (tutorial & post-credits), and some of them where really small. From this video, we can safely assume each levels contains much much more areas, challenges and opportunities than before

Yeah, I always just say Blood Money has 11 levels because realistically if you fire up the game now and look at the list, those are the ones you are gonna pick. No reason to redo Death of a Showman or Requiem. SA and Absolution had more but you just can't beat how damn consistent BM was.

Parsnip

Looking great. Don't like the whole xray vision stuff, but i hear what they showed at E3 had features that won't be in the full game, so...hopefully that's one of them.

You can probably turn it off. Or even more likely, it and the minimap are forced off on higher difficulties.

whippyice

Banned
My Hypo-meter has risen to a solid 3 the slow increase to 10 seems to be real, i hope we get a nice solid play-through of it at Gamescom or something alike,

I would hope that they avoid anything like the recognition system from Absolution, and eradicate the point system.

Marvel

could never
Excited to play Hitman again but his wrists during walking bug the shit outta me. Hopefully just an Alpha thing.

whippyice

Banned
Come to think of it, we really should be seeing bits of this game anyway as it's actually if you think about it, not that long until it's out December on digital, that's only 4 months away from now,

I'm sure it's not as straight forward as that but yeah fingers crossed from Gamescom or EGX,

justjim89

I mean, that's not terribly surprising considering the middle of the screen in every video says "Hey, this shit isn't fit to release!" Eager to see some official gameplay released. Or that beta they talked about.

Just started playing Codename 47 again since it's the only one I never beat. Really rough around the edges but you can still see the DNA of a proper Hitman there.

Malik Starks

Neo Member
This looks a lot like absolution which for me is a good thing as I am a big fan of that game and thought they were just going to abandon it. Perhaps this is more of a hybrid Absolution/Blood Money.

I'll have to see more, but I'm definitely more interested now than I was before. The digital only/episodic structure doesn't bother me.

This looks a lot like absolution which for me is a good thing as I am a big fan of that game and thought they were just going to abandon it. Perhaps this is more of a hybrid Absolution/Blood Money.

I'll have to see more, but I'm definitely more interested now than I was before. The digital only/episodic structure doesn't bother me.

it definitely looks like the controls of absolution married to the level and gameplay design methodology of blood money, which makes me super excited.

Malik Starks

Neo Member
it definitely looks like the controls of absolution married to the level and gameplay design methodology of blood money, which makes me super excited.

Although the more I'm watching of it the more it looks like Absolution over Blood Money. The stealth aspect is a bit more pronounced vs the sort of puzzle aspect of the earlier games. The major difference being the nonlinear nature of it.

Interfectum

Although the more I'm watching of it the more it looks like Absolution over Blood Money.

It's not. They kept the Absolution controls and engine but in terms of everything else it's a LOT closer to Blood Money in pretty much every way. There is more "hiding in plain sight" in this one level than their is in the entirety of Absolution.

Malik Starks

Neo Member
It's not. They kept the Absolution controls and engine but in terms of everything else it's a LOT closer to Blood Money in pretty much every way. There is more "hiding in plain sight" in this one level than their is in the entirety of Absolution.

I'll take your word for it since I played very little of Blood Money and don't really remember it much (I got it as part of the pack of three games during the PS2 days). I actually remember Silent Assassin a lot more and this looks nothing like that to me. Silent Assassin seemed much more puzzle than stealth.

I'm still not completely sold on it but I'm a lot more interested than I was.

TheMoon

I'll take your word for it since I played very little of Blood Money and don't really remember it much (I got it as part of the pack of three games during the PS2 days). I actually remember Silent Assassin a lot more and this looks nothing like that to me.

I'm still not completely sold on it but I'm a lot more interested than I was.

The first four games were all very much alike actually and this does resemble that structure. The only big change came in Absolution with more linear, forward pressing levels as opposed to the more sandboxy levels found in the preceding games.

Bollocks I missed these! Why do people place the videos on youtube when they will just get pulled down? If anyone managed to copy the videos, please send a PM. Thanks.

People seem to forget that a third of Silent Assassin is made up of connection levels where you don't assassinate anyone, much like Absolution.

justjim89

People seem to forget that a third of Silent Assassin is made up of connection levels where you don't assassinate anyone, much like Absolution.

I've always maintained that Absolution was more of a sequel to Silent Assassin than Blood Money. Focus on story, a bit of character development for 47, multiple levels focused on getting from A to B, etc. The problem is Silent Assassin was still a Hitman game and Absolution really wasn't for several reasons. Hell, SA set the pattern for what Hitman was to be.

Hitman 2 has always been my favorite of the series.

Top Bottom