• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman Trailer (Sequel, PS4 has exclusive DLC, December 8, 2015)

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
the trailer is really good but the exclusive content is disappointing. hope it comes to other platforms eventually.

Interfectum

The new game is simply called “HITMAN”. We did this because in many ways this is the start of a new journey for Hitman. Don’t think of it as a reboot, though - think of it as a pure Hitman experience and the foundation for future HITMAN games. Agent 47 is the aspirational assassin, he’s at the absolute peak of his power this time around. This is our central promise: a pure assassin fantasy. So we liked the simplicity and the power of calling this game HITMAN. We want him to be powerful and embody the fantasy completely, and he will remain a constant throughout everything we do with the games going forward.

So what is this new game? Well first off HITMAN is still a creative stealth action game, featuring the greatest assassin out there, Agent 47. As an operative of the International Contract Agency, his job is to take out high-profile targets all over the world, supported by his long-time handler Diana Burnwood. Each location in the game is a living sandbox, a place where every NPC has a name and every room matters. We’ve focused on making sure you, the players, have complete freedom of approach over how, where and when you decide to take out your target. Creativity from players is fully expected, you have the power and intelligence of Agent 47 at your fingertips and it is your choice whether to use brute force or orchestrate a genuine masterpiece of assassination.

Locations are more detailed, more populated and much larger than ever before, full of things to experiment with and targets to kill without any checkpoint systems in there. Contracts mode, which we’ll talk more about later in the year, returns and really shines in these big sandboxes. We’ve brought back save games, so you can save your progress anywhere, and we have revamped pretty much every system in our Glacier engine to enable this HITMAN experience. We promised you these things a while back and we’re sticking to them because they are important – and because your feedback is important. In fact, it’s so important we’re taking things a step further.

One of the reasons why we’re calling this a new start for HITMAN is also the idea of releasing a digitally led product. That can mean a lot of different things depending on who you are, but for us it means we’re going to make HITMAN available first via direct download.

We’re embracing what digital can offer a blockbuster game series like HITMAN – it allows us to do things that are both bold and exciting and entirely new to the Hitman experience.

We are building an expanding and evolving world of assassination. The experience will begin on December 8th and we will release new locations, missions and hits over time at regular intervals through 2016, which means we’ll all be able to share in the excitement of a new content drop at the same time. Rather than unboxing a game, playing it and then that’s sort of it, we want to deliver a true community experience - creating an ongoing and evolving game which plays out with a finale that brings the story arc together. Our primary goal is to keep HITMAN players fully engaged, so between bigger drops we will be creating one-off live events and live targets to keep you immersed in the experience.

Imagine a target appearing for every player in the world, for a limited time only… let’s say 48 hours. Where your one shot counts. And when that target is gone, it is gone forever. A shared experience where we imagine the HITMAN community will come together every time a new mission or new location appears. For $60 you’ll get full access to all of this content – everything we release as part of this story.

Another big part of this new approach is that we will develop the game with you, the players, and adjust gameplay and create live content and events based on player activity and feedback - so the game will deepen and evolve as time progresses. The experience begins on December 8th on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC and will reach well into 2016.

If you saw HITMAN revealed at the Sony E3 Press Conference, you heard the word “exclusive” a couple of times. We’d just quickly like to run through what that means. PlayStation 4 will be the only console where you can experience the beta and where you can play it first. A PC beta is planned to arrive a week later. The beta is available for pre-orders now. As for the PlayStation 4 exclusive contracts, they are only available to those people who own a PS4 copy of the game.

The journey has just started for us all. We are incredibly excited to share a lot more with you as 2015 unfolds. Tomorrow, on June 16th, we’ll be showing the first gameplay trailer from HITMAN at the Square Enix Press Conference. You probably don’t want to miss that.

We’re very happy to invite you into this world of assassination. It’s a place full of challenges, contracts, hits, targets, opportunities, choices and freedom. We can’t wait to show you more!

https://hitman.com/news/announcing-hitman

For everyone worried about 'exclusive contracts' it looks like they'll be throwaway like the 48 hour ones. Sounds like they are going the Hitman: Sniper route and will make you replay the same levels with different targets to take out.

Foffy

Banned
I seriously hope that the exclusive contracts are timed-exclusive. I would really be pissed that six hits may literally be stuck on one platform.

Wolff

The digital game thing is weird but i'll bite. Contracts might be actually interesting in this game, if they deliver on their promise.

Can't wait to see it in action. Welcome back, 47.

And IO, give us Bateson, Mckee and Kyd, please.

Ionic

Why even have different platforms then?

Could you imagine?

tumblr_ltbtgjU70B1qztjn5o1_500.jpg

That cinematic trailer was so good. Seems to be different from the absolution trailer where 47 kills a bunch of dudes gung ho style, while in this one its all methodical. I really hope this will be a true successor to blood money.

Foffy

Banned

For everyone worried about 'exclusive contracts' it looks like they'll be throwaway like the 48 hour ones. Sounds like they are going the Hitman: Sniper route and will make you replay the same levels with different targets to take out.

I hope it's more than one fucking level. That shit made Sniper game really old. When they revealed that game, they even implied it'd have two levels!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Trailer was awesome.

I'm so excited for SE press conference.

When the game is coming out in 2015 there gotta be some gameplay tomorrow... HYPE!

Edit:

From the official site:

Tomorrow, on June 16th, we’ll be showing the first gameplay trailer from HITMAN at the Square Enix Press Conference. You probably don’t want to miss that.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

I don't consider those type of comment salty anymore. I can see why people can be genuinely frustrated about this kind of shit. PS4 is 360 of this gen. Leading in sales, and easier to develop for. And Sony is walking on the same path as Microsoft did, in terms of locking down timed exclusive stuff. Microsoft got lot of shit during 360 era for doing that, Sony should be treated the same.

I actually think Sony is even worse this time around,

Destiny content is 1 year exclusive, they are legit taking things away from full games.

nikos

The setting looked great. Haven't played Hitman in a long time, but I'll definitely be picking this one up.

Foffy

Banned
I don't consider those type of comment salty anymore. I can see why people can be genuinely frustrated about this kind of shit. PS4 is 360 of this gen. Leading in sales, and easier to develop for. And Sony is walking on the same path as Microsoft did, in terms of locking down timed exclusive stuff. Microsoft got lot of shit during 360 era for doing that, Sony should be treated the same.

I actually think Sony is even worse this time around,

Destiny content is 1 year exclusive, they are legit taking things away from full games.

Worse still is Hitman is largely a PC franchise. The principle here alone is horseshit, but to offer console exclusive jazz to a largely PC franchise seems double horsehit.

hmmmm. interesting.

So they're making it episodic somewhat? Fine by me as long as the end game ends up being amazing. And honestly I'm liking the idea of "oh hey a new hitman sandbox level is out" every couple of weeks/months.

Jintor

i like those words, but you fooled me before with absolution, you sick bastards; i'll wait for more impressions

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I thought this had a great trailer and you can stick me on the list of people who hate the 'exclusive to one console' mission bullshit.

I will still almost certainly buy it on PC though. I just hope it's a hell of a lot better than Absolution was in the gameplay department.

Foffy

Banned
i like those words, but you fooled me before with absolution, you sick bastards; i'll wait for more impressions

We'll see it tomorrow. Like with Dark Souls III, today was the day of CG's to showcase the themes of both titles.

I'm pretty sure each scenario in the trailer is a stage in the game. That already has more variety than the actual hits in Absolution.

justjim89

I love the business model here, almost episodic. Sounds perfect for Hitman, And we get it in December? Incredible.

Really excited for gameplay tomorrow.

anybody else thought that was a really well edited trailer? if it wasn't for the MGSV one i'd say this was the best one of E3. the music mixed with his breath from running was nuts.

there we go

this one e3 for me because like I said above it reminds me of Girl with the Dragon Tattoo from Fincher, which is my favorite trailer of ALL times.

But you do mind when Microsoft gets exclusive stuff, right?

Anyway, shitty attitude to have, people are going to have opinions on stuff like this, so...get over it?
Not really. But I have access to both. Probably those who have one or the other still have a right to be angry...

Anyway CG trailer was good
But
It's fucking nothing...

Ithil

They're saying the right things, that they're stepping away from Absolution and back towards Blood Money, but I will have to see proof.

Foffy

Banned
Not really. But I have access to both. Probably those who have one or the other still have a right to be angry...

Anyway CG trailer was good
But
It's fucking nothing...

What about those who play on PC? It's not an either/or here; we're talking about a franchise where most of the money was made on PC in the first place and where all the titles have led regarding development.

It's kind of a spit in the face to imagine fans will settle for less and not play it on PC because they're pimping what will be the second-best version of the game (regarding performance and image quality) with goodies.

Top Bottom