• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman Trailer (Sequel, PS4 has exclusive DLC, December 8, 2015)

Dilly

Banned
Wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of Bateson this time.

-edit

Oh, they didn't! That's atleast one thing they got right!

Don't really like the episodic structure but a good old Hitman with huge sandbox levels its all I need.
And Morocco seems to be the first confirmed location

08a311f3a5819aba5290eceb4a85a95c72014d4e_1_690x287.png

Moff

6 platform exclusive missions really is a big deal and honestly not acceptable.
I love this franchise since the first game, and even liked absolution a lot, even if it wasn't the best installment. but forcing a plattform upon me is really frustrating.

Jb

6 platform exclusive missions really is a big deal and honestly not acceptable.
I love this franchise since the first game, and even liked absolution a lot, even if it wasn't the best installment. but forcing a plattform upon me is really frustrating.

There's no way by "missions" they mean entire levels.
My guess is within each level we'll have several contracts this time around, and the PS exclusive nonsense will be meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

thenexus6

Awesome! I wanted to see Hitman and Splinter Cell so at least I got one of them. This year too!!

Hopefully they'll be more at Square later today - if December release then surely we'll see gameplay?

Vuze

Awesome! I wanted to see Hitman and Splinter Cell so at least I got one of them. This year too!!

Hopefully they'll be more at Square later today - if December release then surely we'll see gameplay?

Tomorrow, on June 16th, we’ll be showing the first gameplay trailer from HITMAN at the Square Enix Press Conference.

Right there in the OP ;)

don't like the episodic structure at all, and the digital first release. so while i've finished the available missions, i have to sit around forgetting the controls and such until a new one is released.

Ted

This year? Excellent news!

I replayed and platinumed all four of the main games earlier this year so I am totally ready for more 47 action.

It sounds like they are moving in the right direction in terms of core concepts but I am a little skeptical about the evolving content notion. That said I'm not going to let it dampen my ardor and I look forward to seeing exactly what that means as we go forward. I'm also excited to see what the community can do with contracts mode as Absolution had some really fun user created "missions".

Good luck IO, we have high expectations. : )

That trailer was fucking amazing. That breathing sound effect gradually getting louder and louder got my heart rate going. Astounding job.

Moff

Yeah, a developer from IO Interactive already confirmed that.
The question is what exactly are the contracts in the game.

http://www.hitmanforum.com/t/six-exclusive-contracts-on-ps4/2010/5

ah ok, in that case it's completely neglectable.
excellent.

and it's great to know that the contracts mode from absolution is back in the first place, despite its shortcomings, absolution actually brought a lot of improvements to the franchise and contracts mode was absolutely brilliant, I am glad they realized that and keep it. I hope the challenges are back as well.

PreFire

Great trailer but the heavy breathing animation or whatever the fuck that was at the end made me cringe... Still buying.. Hitman was always one of my favorite stealth games.. I love the accidental deaths and using disguises

Yeah, but saying the right things and doing them are two different things, especially since almost none of the team that worked on the first four Hitman games are still working at IO. I'll see come December if they are actually able to deliver a halfway decent Hitman game.

damn, i didnt know the OG team split, where did they go? :(

Galileo

Neo Member
Uhhh, this does not look like 47. He looked perfect in Absolution, what the hell?
I think he's just younger, after all in the open letter they said in the game he'll be "at the prime of his career", so it's probably going to be a prequel.

Anyway, slick trailer, good to see IO is back on track after Absolution, which was a huge disappointment

Metal-Geo

Well we still have to see some gameplay. So there's still a bit of nervousness left in me.

But the fact Contracts are back is making me really giddy. Despite Absolution's flaws, Contracts mode was definitely a time vampire for me. Lots and lots of fun playing and making them.
And crushing the creator's score!

HeelPower

Absolutions sheer beauty and attention to detail coupled with Blood Money expansive,intelligent gameplay ?

Yeah baby.Day 0.

Fuck it, if what they're saying is what I think they're saying, that means they're going back to Blood Money style levels with the Contracts stuff from Absolution (which was pretty fun) then fuckin' count me in. Hopefully this works out!

Interfectum

Sounds early access y. The "digital only first" is what leds me to believe this.

Yeah it does... My biggest concern is the amount of content at launch. If the game sells below expectations will they even bother giving us more content after a few patches?

On the bright side the way they are doing this I bet "blood money" dlc will happen.

Fantastic trailer, Fincher esque vibes which is nice. But please, bring back the original mechanics or don't even bother. I don't want a linear crouch and shoot experience.

Catdaddy

I'm confused, is this episodic or something?

That’s how I’m reading it, SE is saying they’ll be releasing content throughout 2016, that and it’s a (initially) digital release. I’m okay with that as long as I’m not spending full price for a few hours of content and having to wait a couple of months for the next few hours.

Really looking forward to this, finished second Absolution playthru few months back and left me wanting more.

Top Bottom