• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Honestly, what does Microsoft need to do with Scorpio to solidify your purchase?

Theorry

Every game is rendering in native 4K, including X360 BC and older games from the gen that were made before Scorpio. I'd buy that at whatever price, assuming it has a UHD BR player since Sony dropped the ball on that.

If it's just a MS PS4 Pro then I don't really see any reason. I'd just pick up a S as a 4K BR player.

Just say you are not gonna buy it at all then. :D

I'm personally PC only at this point but all they have to do for me is keep going with Play Anywhere, Family Sharing and Crossplay and I will buy one as a friends and family machine for front and center in my living room.

bryanee

More console exclusives not named Halo, Gears, & Forza. i'm looking forward to State of Decay, they need more like that and I would love a Fable reboot.

Pretty much this. All I'm really interested in right now is Crackdown 3 and that's not enough for me to buy into Xbox again. Throw as much power into the console as you can but if you dont have the software I want then I wont buy it.

TM94

Alan Wake 2 Alan Wake 2 Alan Wake 2 Alan Wake 2 Alan Wake 2 Alan Wake 2 Alan Wake 2 Alan Wake 2 Alan Wake 2 Alan Wake 2 Alan Wake 2 Alan Wake 2 Alan Wake 2

Jotaka

The boat has sailed for the Xbox One. Try harder next generation.

Because to create good exclusive it take a long time... a 3 years investment... in 3 year a new generation will start... so its over for xbone.

lantus

Honestly, it just has to have amazing games that I can't get anywhere else. Because between my PC, PS4 and now Switch. Just about all of my gaming needs are covered.

brawly

Deliver one to my house free of charge.

Seriously though. I have an Xbox One. I have a PS4 Pro. I don't care about their first party games. Indies/quirky games I can always play on my regular One.

Third party games would have to run tremendously better on the Scorpio than on the Pro and I just don't see that happening at a reasonable price.

erawsd

Honestly, as long as they are committed to releasing all their games on PC then I'm not sure there is anything they could do to get me to buy a Scorpio.

Nothing really. I don't have enough console-purchasing interest in their main exclusives anymore, and if any 'xbox anywhere' titles come along of interest I'll just buy it on PC.

IISANDERII

It would take a fucking assload for me to return to the xbox live ecosystem. I barely have time for my PS4. I may consider it though if Live was 50% off and the system came with 10 free games of my choice.

Opt1kon_

I'm still going to purchase one to replace my X1S so for me, a diverse lineup and some announcements that will interest me as well. Some Scorpio/x1s exclusive games (which I doubt) but I'm happy for new hardware either way, thats why I switched my standard ps4 with a pro model and never looked back since & the same will happen with the scorpio

I also believe the scorpio will come out in September

Dabanton

I'm not sure how much Xbox games on PC matter because high end PC owners probably aren't a high percentage. It's probably more of a perception issue which I doubt causes much fuss either beyond a place like GAF or similar enthusiast sites.

Pretty much. There are clear markets who prefer to game on PC but their are millions more who desire a console for that.

It's like if you have a ultra powerful PC then of course this machine probably won't interest you, but you're still buying MS games so they still get your money.

It's like when they first announced it people thought they found another loophole to mock MS. But by doing this they cut the legs off the sort of people who don't want MS hardware but still desire their games.

DeaDPo0L84

I barely play my Xbox now, a handful of exclusives that are actually interesting would get me interested at least. I also didn't buy a pro, just don't feel the investment is worth it with these mid generation consoles, but id love to be proven wrong.

Gabbelgak

Exclusive games at this point that I REALLY want to play is about the biggest thing. Jumped off the Microsoft train this generation and they would really have to blow me away with something I can't get from PS4 or PC to make me consider a Scorpio. Hardware itself isn't that big a sales point to me, as long as it's better than current generation specs of course.

Even if they managed to pull that off I would still be hesitant due to not wanting to double dip for online services. They would effectively have to convince me enough to give up paying for PSN for them monthly.

On top of that it would also need to impress my friends enough to switch. I have limited game time anymore and they all moved to Playstation this generation as well, I'm not going to abandon them if they don't switch over.

I don't think it's possible to put it bluntly but hey if they manage to do pull that off, sure I'm in.

I don't think Microsoft can do anything about it but i wish third party western AAA developers begin to put out some decent games (like the witcher 3), that way i would justify a high end console price.

I have zero interest in play the next battlefront and i feel that's what microsoft will have in store for us this holiday zzzzzzz.

Exclusive games that aren't sequels would be nice. Don't get me wrong I enjoy Halo and the Forza Horizon series but they need more interesting stuff. The last 18 months on Xbox has been poor. I bought my XB1 day one and had a great time with it until the exclusives became pretty much sequels only.

It'll never happen but having the Scorpio as a console/steambox hybrid would be incredible

I'm somebody that loved my 360 and prefers console gaming even owning a pretty powerful PC gaming rig but with that said, I've been hard pressed to find a reason to get an XB One owning a PS4, Gaming PC and Wii U/Switch. The 1st party selection that I got excited for during the 360 era are largely missing (Lost Odyssey, Fable series, Blue Dragon), the 3rd party console exclusives (like OG Mass Effect, Orange box, Left 4 dead, etc) have fallen more on Sony's side of the court now this gen as Japan has gotten back into the game and honestly I'm not that big into what Microsoft's bringing to the table with Forza, Gears and Halo. The only real reason I've though about getting an XB One/Scorpio is Rare Replay (as this isn't on PC and isn't on any other consoles) but I'm not willing to buy a console for it. I liked the original Crackdown so maybe that? Scalebound was a reason but... alas....

To get me to buy a Scorpio... it's really about games. Creative game experiences I really can't get anywhere else.

I'm pretty much on PC+Switch, but my One S still has a place in my entertainment center. My library is pretty sizeable and it really is a great all-in-one system. I'll end up with a Scorpio at some point but for me to pick it up sooner than later, it'll have to have to be pretty powerful and have some really good stuff coming. Court devs with unpublished games and concepts. Play Anywhere means I'll still get new exclusives primarily for play on my PC, but I don't mind booting them up on my Xbox. Keep adding new features like Beam too. I like the idea of Microsoft carving their own niche and succeeding at the living room PC where others have failed. They won't be outdoing Sony, so they should focus on offering what Sony doesn't. They are a software company so I think they can brew something​ unique up.

Edit: original Xbox BC and maybe something implemented for full hardware bc. Like, I can at least pop the disc in and play it, regardless of the game.

gogojira

They need to make sure developers actually take advantage of their hardware and prove their console is the place to be for third party console gaming.

An exclusive or two would be nice, too.

farisr

For me, I may just upgrade if there is a good trade in deal happening, as I generally like to have all available platforms (home console wise). If the price is too high for what they're offering and the trade in is not good, I may just skip it and wait for the next system instead.

Honestly, at this point in time, only reason I have an xb1 is cause of the uhd Blu-ray, rock band library and ea access. So if the upgrade does not seem substantial enough over the pro, and my friends aren't into it (which is extremely likely as they have been heavily invested into the PlayStation ecosystem since last gen), I'll just stick with my xb1s.

Scalebound was a major exclusive to me, and was one of the main reasons I was hyped for Scorpio in the past. Them cancelling threee major games after showing them off/hyping them up makes any new game announcements they do a non factor to me at this point in time. They have lost my trust. Those games will not factor into my purchasing decision until they are actually out.

Edit: on second thought, if Halo 6 ends up being good and has 2-4p online splitscreen that's exclusive to Scorpio, and other third party games that never had splitscreen on PS4/xb1 add in splitscreen, or increase the splitscreen player count for the Scorpio version, that would guarantee a purchase from me.

N7.Angel

Nothing that I can think of will get me to buy one. It's no secret that this has been a bad console cycle for xbox. There are no games on the horizon that interest me. I haven't played my xbox one in over a year and sold it last week.

the same thing happened to me in the second half of the xbox 360 life span. They had no first party games that interested me and I moved over to Playstation and PC. I haven't had a real reason to go back.

this is me.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
My main reason to buy a Xbox one/Scorpio was halo.

With halo MCC and halo 5 they've shown that they don't know what to do with that franchise. At least they've shown that to me, I know other people feel different.

So there is not really anything they can do.

Games? Xbones library is pathetic compared to PS4,and they get the worst version of every third party game too. What a disappointment compared to the 360. Hoping they get back to what made the 360 so great, which is a great diverse game library and an indie friendly platform.

For me it's the games. I don't really care for Halo, Gears, or Forza anymore. Sunset Overdrive got my interest in eventually getting a Xbox one, but no other new exclusive IPs have come out since then. Well, I guess there was Quantum Break.

I'd never even considered purchasing anything Xbox until those rumor's went flying around about it possibly being a Windows machine.

That would be brilliant to me. I could buy software as a side note if need be, and still use it for VR and steam gaming.

As it stands now, I'll never buy anything Windows or Xbox, with a potential Scorpio/Windows, I'd already have the hardware necessary.

Ushay

Already plan on buying one. The prospect of playing in 4k is good enough for me.

Price will be key I think.

ascii42

Not much. I don't have an Xbox One, because I've operated on the assumption that I'll buy a Scorpio for some time. Price just determines how long I wait before getting one.

Top Bottom