• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Aloy's Journey Trailer, delayed to February 28th, 2017

The God

The Neo talking has derailed this thread and nobody bats an eye, incredible, just sad.

Talk about the game, this is Ps4, Neo has not even been announced and Sony is already showing the game on it, to fool Ps4 owners? loool this thread.

You're right bro, companies have never tried to fool customers I'm not sure where I got that idea from

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I'm guessing the bluetooth earpiece is something only you can use and gives some kind of connection to the robodinos.

Possibly an outcast from the standby logo tattooed bad guys?

I'll also guess that mother is somehow connected to the old ones, given the 'identity accepted' scene at the end.

I'm thinking along the same lines. I'm also wondering if Mother is a computer that was designed to recreate mechanical parts for injured humans but Mother went beyond creating parts. I do not think that Aloy is an android though, simply because we see her grow as a normal child would.

0racle

guys its not running on neo, end of story.

What will they do? Reveal the system and replay old trailers? How unimpressive is that? It makes zero
dawn
sense.

Very pretty trailer. Loving a lot of the technical stuff they are showing... I hope it is not ubisofted openworld design for all you PS4 folks!

spekkeh

Banned
So you're completely convinced this is running on the Neo, even though we've seen it running on the PS4 a year ago? OK, carry on.

I'm not convinced, I'm saying we can't be sure. I see lot's of juniors in the runup to E3 stanning for PS4 though. You're the one that's apparently convinced.

Conduit

Banned
There hasn't been any mention of that.

Yes it is :

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=189420113

Not saying this couldn't possibly run on a regular PS4, but from this point on I think it'd be safest to assume any footage of a Sony exclusive we see is running on a Neo it's explicitly stated otherwise.

No confirmation but probably best to assume it's running on Neo.

NX Gamer's Horizon analysis a year ago :

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RkT_wzx3y7g

Yes, it's on Neo. LOL

Javin98

Banned
Very pretty trailer. Loving a lot of the technical stuff they are showing... I hope it is not ubisofted openworld design for all you PS4 folks!
Oh, why you gotta put that thought in my head, man? Screw you! :p

On a more serious note, what technical stuff impresses you? And in your opinion, do you think this is feasible for the base PS4?

I'm not convinced, I'm saying we can't be sure. I see lot's of juniors in the runup to E3 stanning for PS4 though. You're the one that's apparently convinced.

I thought the NEO was only allowed to upscale resolution and frame rate to the games?

On-topic though: Trailer was amazing. Dialogue was a bit rough though as people have already pointed out.

spekkeh

Banned
I thought the NEO was only allowed to upscale resolution and frame rate to the games?

On-topic though: Trailer was amazing. Dialogue was a bit rough though as people have already pointed out.

Well the only thing we "know" is that PS4K devkits have been distributed, all the rest is hearsay. That said, Sony would be wise to want to limit the extent of the difference between versions to framerate and resolution.
Is this trailer possible on the old PS4? Certainly, it looks ever so slightly less good than Uncharted 4. Then again, this game is open world and I'd hazard a guess would have received a smaller budget. So that's why I would imagine normal PS4 getting a less crisp image.

Well the only thing we "know" is that PS4K devkits have been distributed, all the rest is hearsay. That said, Sony would be wise to want to limit the extent of the difference between versions to framerate and resolution.
Is this trailer possible on the old PS4? Certainly, it looks ever so slightly less good than Uncharted 4. Then again, this game is open world and I'd hazard a guess would have received a smaller budget. So that's why I would imagine normal PS4 getting a less crisp image.

From the insider post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=205400140&postcount=422

Current PS4 Neo devkits aren't even representative of the final PS4 Neo specs which may be even higher. So even if this was shown on PS4 Neo (which isn't the case ofc), the final PS4 Neo version of Horizon will look much beyond what you saw now (even more since the version shown now is the regular PS4 version,
unless someone confirms it is PS4 Neo which won't happen)

Let me clarify for you all.

Game running on NEO:

ekDrsGi.png

Game running on OG PS4:

flintstones-the-the-surprise-at-dinosaur-peak-04.png

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Can we shut up about the Neo now?

Have they reduced her jaw slightly? I liked her fuller face and almost Eskimo look. Not that I'd mind that much.

It would be amazing if this was running on the PS4 Neo but the cutscenes didn't have much of a difference, if at all, between the two versions.

Walpurgis

Banned
There is no way that this is running on Neo. Guerilla Games caught so much flack for that Killzone 2 CGI trailer (even though the actual game looks better imo, but I digress) that they have vowed to stay legit going forward. And they have held true to that ever since. They did lie about Shadow Fall's resolution or something but it's not like they were purposefully hiding the true there. In any case, the E3 2015 footage and today's footage are both full of graphical glitches like pop-in - stuff that we would not be seeing if Guerilla was BSing us. I think that the game is going to disappoint a lot of people next February but not in regards to graphics.

I noticed that her face seemed a little different. Are there any good comparisons available?

I made a comparison. It's not the best, though. I used 1080p youtube videos.

2015:
Dx9IAMt.png

2016:
HI6Apg2.png

It seems her jaw is a bit smaller in 2016 trailer. Also, in 2016 trailer, her eyes are a bit smaller.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I made a comparison. It's not the best, though. I used 1080p youtube videos.

2015:
Dx9IAMt.png

2016:
HI6Apg2.png

It seems her jaw is a bit smaller in 2016 trailer. Also, in 2016 trailer, her eyes are a bit smaller.

I'm not so sure now. It could just be the angle. I love her face though.

kenji

I hope Sony confirms the game shown in the videos is running on the PS4, even of they don't announce Neo, so everyone can shut up One way or another

kenji

Confirming is running on PS4 means they are confirming Neo, so don't expect that.
Yes I thought about that, but maybe they can say "All footage runs stable on ps4" without confirming or denying anything

I mean, it's not like it would be the first time they say something like that, even when there's no other unannounced console around

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Looks pretty damn great, it's the only PS4 exclusive I really have my eye on ATM so it's a shame it's delayed but if they need the time they need the time. Ofc the UK gets it nearly a week later but oh well.

valkyre

Confirming is running on PS4 means they are confirming Neo, so don't expect that.

Not necessarily... countless times we have seen trailers and footage begin with the disclaimer "following footage is running real time on a PS4 system".

This is nothing new.

Looks pretty damn great, it's the only PS4 exclusive I really have my eye on ATM so it's a shame it's delayed but if they need the time they need the time. Ofc the UK gets it nearly a week later but oh well.

It's 3 days later. February only got 28 days ;).

Top Bottom