• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Preview Thread [Up: All Previews Live]

robotrock

Banned
visually this game looks incredible but none of the gameplay looks interesting to me at all. nor does the writing.

looking forward to the write ups today

phanphare

Banned
lip-sync still bad, but the voice acting itself is better

disagree, it's extremely bland. the writing isn't as cringeworthy as the other scene but the VA is similar.

visually this game looks incredible but none of the gameplay looks interesting to me at all. nor does the writing.

looking forward to the write ups today

yeah that's how it looks to me. beautiful looking world, bland everything else.

this game never seemed like it'd be for me so it's no biggie.

Sorry. I'm not allowed to be excited.

"Looks like far cry. ubisoft game. Why releasing next to that masterpiece Zelda game of forever yada yada yada.

I hope I covered every concern

Stop being silly dude. You can be excited without being condescening towards other open world games.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Sorry. I'm not allowed to be excited.

"Looks like far cry. ubisoft game. Why releasing next to that masterpiece Zelda game of forever yada yada yada.

I hope I covered every concern

Just stop dude, they did not attack you in any way or insinuate that in any way.

Peroroncino

Looks absolutely stunning, but... the gameplay seems boring as shit. Maybe it's just the dude playing, however that dodge and shoot arrows isn't really looking too engaging, especially when monster is practically shouting 'hey look out, in about 5 seconds I'm gonna take a plunge at you'.

RedFury

uh? I didn't know that

Games that don't do saving easily (e.g. Dark Souls - although yes you can quit to main menu) aren't great for parents
Sleep mode. As a parent it's awesome on the vita and games that have specific points luke Yakuza.

Stoffinator

I am not liking the facial animations or the lip sync. Looks to off and everyone looks plastic. The rest of it though looks amazing.

Frillen

Day one for me, even though I do get some Ubi/Far Cry vibes from watching the videos, both in a positive and negative way.

Kyoufu

At least it seems fun to play, not like other well appraised rpgs.

Yeah, if it can at least be enjoyable to play like Dragon's Dogma then I'd be OK with that, but it's disappointing to see such flaws in areas where WRPGs tend to be good at.

Idk.. Having watched the whole thing... gameplay looks like it's going to get boring, real fast.

Also, fuck tracking bloodstains. I'm so done with this stupid "investigation" mechanic

Man, this is heartbreaking. I was so hyped for this game, but I was always concerned for the writing.

What I'm seeing here is just fucking awful. Such a stunning game in so many ways, but the writing is among some of the worst I've come across in a time. Add to that marionette levels of facial animation and some really questionable voice acting and you've straight up got nails on a chalk board...

It's not that bad. There are some lines that stand out as being pretty poor but there's a ton of stuff that's written fine and in line with standards.

From what I see the LOD system seems to be the best in any open world game I have seen. No pop in or ugly distant LOD that fails to blend in with closer lands.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
At least it seems fun to play, not like other well appraised rpgs.

What is that supposed to mean? You can say it's good without throwing other games that people like under the bus.

Appraised = People generally like it a lot. Even if you might not.

Eh, I think I was a bit harsh on the writing. It's really hit or miss. Some of it is quite good actually.

Yup. I think that's pretty good if they can achieve that mix given the amount of writing that will no doubt be in this since it's a lengthy RPG with probably a lot of characters.

2nd cutscene is pretty good, but there seems to be some sort of bug with the animations.

Yeah. This one is better and if they touch up the lip synch it wouldn't be as noticeable too.
I think Aloy's animation is pretty good.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Please don't run badly, please don't run badly.

Begaria

I think the voice acting complaints are a bit overblown. I'll give you the crazy guy on the cliffs, not exactly a good reading, but everyone else - especially Aloy - sounds just fine.

Game looks incredible, the mechanics look sound, and I actually like the detective vision. Probably the best detective vision I've seen since it does little to warp the colors or picture comparatively to the Batman detective vision. It's simple, gives good UI feedback, and also highlights weakpoints and weaknesses which is what I like in my RPGs (libra, or Tales use of weakness feedback).

KORNdoggy

just watched some conversations. voice acting is pretty bad in some cases. the graphics are crazy impressive though. not in a realistic way, kind of wax work characters, but they're so smooth and detailed they look like they're actually there.

are you sure? that first video is so smooth, like doom gameplay smooth?

Horp

There it is. That's how you make an open world game.

Gathering herbs, Crafting, Following bloodtrails, Good graphics, Pretty characters, Great voice acting, Great writing

Oh wait that was Witcher 3
I mean:

Gathering herbs, Crafting, Following bloodtrails, Good graphics, Pretty characters, Crappy voice acting, Crappy writing

Kyoufu

What is that supposed to mean? You can say it's good without throwing other games that people like under the bus.

Appraised = People generally like it. Even if you might not.

It means games like Skyrim and The Witcher 3 aren't all that fun to play, because of their atrocious combat which is not exactly an uncommon opinion to have.

Top Bottom