• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Spoiler-free Impressions (for real this time)

Give your age and interest in Horizon, please.

23, hype level right now:

M6GDT.gif

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
26 years old, my mother's maiden name is Stewart, my first pet was called Pickles, the street I grew up on was Goldleaf Close and fuck Horizon: Zero Dawn.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm not surprised a number of people in their 30s or older are looking forward to this. The robodino concept is very 80s/early 90s so it probably resonates with people that grew up with similar ideas.

bebop242

42 and more excited for Nier and only halfway thru Yakuza 0 so I was planning on waiting for Horizon. However if this reviews really well, it will force my hand and I get it right away.

CrocoDuck

Man, I was holding out for so long with this game because I'm buying a Switch and Zelda, but, damn, these impressions got me hyped that I pre-ordered on Amazon!

New weapons! It's tied to where you visit in the game, I am finally moving forward with the story, I probably should have gotten these like 10 hours ago.

YaBish

Turns out Horizon not only features ancient machines, it attracts ancient human beings to play it

20 yo and pumped for this game.

:p

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
At this point the only thing I'm skeptical about is if the story comes together well in a satisfying way. Too many new IPs with franchise dreams have annoying sequel bait endings instead of wrapping the story up while leaving the world open for more stories. Probably won't hear anything about that before the review embargo is up.

X-Frame

Haha. 30 here, and couldn't be more hyped for this game. I even took March 3 off work to play more (and scheduled a massage for the morning so I'll be super relaxed to start the weekend!)

At this point the only thing I'm skeptical about is if the story comes together well in a satisfying way. Too many new IPs with franchise dreams have annoying sequel bait endings instead of wrapping the story up while leaving the world open for more stories. Probably won't hear anything about that before the review embargo is up.

Considering impressions, right now I just hope the story ends in a good note. Crazy because a week ago I was worried if the story was going to be some Micahel Bay bullcrap.

Horizon zero dawn /OT/ no thread for old men.
That's all I got.
My psn is NowhereFaded if any of you bastards wanna add.

Out here fishing for PSN friends. I

I'll add ya when I get home

Away from the PS4 for a few days. Feel free to add me, just be warned, I'm like one of the biggest fans of Ubisoft gamss, so I play mostly R6: Siege and now For Honor :p

I hear "Horizon is like a Ubisoft game" and it's glorious music to my ears. 😍

PSN: AlmostCptFaker

Away from the PS4 for a few days. Feel free to add me, just be warned, I'm like one of the biggest fans of Ubisoft gamss, so I play mostly R6: Siege and now For Honor :p

I hear "Horizon is like a Ubisoft game" and it's glorious music to my ears. 😍

PSN: AlmostCptFaker
Off topic but I take it you'll be getting ghost recon than?

Can you elaborate please? Spoiler tag if need be. I'm playing too and I'm not sure what you mean lol.

Ok

All merchants were locked into certain weapons east of the gate. I finally reached the gate to the west and in that city the merchants finally have new weapons to buy.

Off topic but I take it you'll be getting ghost recon than?

I wanted to but I think I'll decide after the open beta. The EasyAllies preview made it sound really good, if you had a group of four. But I don't want something that I can't do solo and really enjoy. So depends on how the open beta goes. Something like Siege and For Honor, I have fun with others but also can play solo no prob.

I wanted to but I think I'll decide after the open beta. The EasyAllies preview made it sound really good, if you had a group of four. But I don't want something that I can't do solo and really enjoy. So depends on how the open beta goes. Something like Siege and For Honor, I have fun with others but also can play solo no prob.
Same prob had fun with a squad but alone meh. Maybe we'll link up in the open beta

Alright back on topic before we get in trouble: Whoooo horizon

These gifs are just giving me some kinda feeling. I need this game now. I have nothing else to play and I can't justify buying anything else this close to launch.

Kevin

So I watched this trailer:

https://youtu.be/lwI6-jKlsO0

I noticed that you can see far into the background. Distant mountains, snow places, towers, etc. Can you actually go anywhere that you can see like Zelda: Breathe of the Wild? How massive exactly is this game?

So I watched this trailer:

https://youtu.be/lwI6-jKlsO0

I noticed that you can see far into the background. Distant mountains, snow places, towers, etc. Can you actually go anywhere that you can see like Zelda: Breathe of the Wild? How massive exactly is this game?

No, you can't go anywhere like in Zelda due to the lack of the Zelda-like climbing mechanic and chute. The world design of the game is different than Zelda's.

Horizon features a more densely packed world designed around the robo encounters th an Zelda's sparse one.

Top Bottom