• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn Trailer (Guerrilla, post-apocalyptic pre-historic adventure)

Are day-night cycles confirmed?

Really want to see some of the open world exploration. Either way, this game looks like it can be phenomenal.

Akira

One thing I'm concerned about is the variety of dinobots. We've seen only 4 kinds so far (well 5 if you count the giant bird bot). If this world is as big as Guerilla saying, what on earth is it populated by?

Not yet. Amazon.fr tells me they branch out any day now!

Levels and quests for one.

Further reading:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1066567
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1071227

Or in audiovisual:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_p4u8xIQxo

Not yet. Amazon.fr tells me they branch out any day now!

Levels and quests for one.

Further reading:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1066567
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1071227

Or in audiovisual:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_p4u8xIQxo
"There are two basic character development systems. First of all you're getting XP and you can use that XP to gain new perks...

"But there's also basically a secondary way of upgrading your character, and that is through the harvesting and crafting system..."

So perks and crafting. Is there dialogue system? Some kind of reputation? Specialization? Seems kind of weak as an RPG going by this.

One thing I'm concerned about is the variety of dinobots. We've seen only 4 kinds so far (well 5 if you count the giant bird bot). If this world is as big as Guerilla saying, what on earth is it populated by?
It was just revealed to the world a little over a month ago, they're not going to throw all the cards on the table just yet.

In any case, other human tribes, factions and settlements make up a lot of the interaction in the game as well.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

Other robotic creatures and human factions. I'm not 'concerned'.

The God

Every time I see this thread bumped I'm hoping it's for new info.

N7ZURZd.png

-_- Are you serious? The game was literally just revealed at E3. What kind of concern is that!

hohoXD123

Has the concern trolling started already? The game is ages away, they're obviously not going to give you a comprehensive list of every dino type in the game at this point.

So perks and crafting. Is there dialogue system? Some kind of reputation? Specialization? Seems kind of weak as an RPG going by this.

Definitely will be something along these lines. If not, then branching story options for sure.

Some LinkedIn stuff referenced systemic dialogue writing. And there's quests, so presumably there will be npc interaction like that.

silva1991

Did you expect them to reveal all monsters in one video?

also we know 6 dinos not just 5

60ade0f3jw1eke6m65xijj21kw148b29.jpg

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Is there/will there eventually be a Ninja class I can play as at night with them ambient lights from the Robo-Dinos cause that would be DOPE AF.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Is there/will there eventually be a Ninja class I can play as at night with them ambient lights from the Robo-Dinos cause that would be DOPE AF.
While Shinobi initially wrote this game has coop, at E3 they talked about how it's a singleplayer game with a defined protagonist.

Personally I have no doubt in my mind these guys spent 5 years and they were only able to come up with 5 or so different dino designs.
SKnIyNm.png

Anyone got any previews of this. Like someone sitting down with the Devs post E3? Would really like a nice summary of what the team is going for.

I mean, right now, it sounds like GOTY stuff on paper. Would just like to gauge my hype levels lol...

Bloodrage

Banned
It's a balance of action and RPG. What is so hard to understand? They never said this would be more RPG than action.

Leveling is already confirmed too.

They did say you could build a stealth/hunter focused character, an action build or a jack of all trades. I think I will focus on stealth and traps(way too early to say, but that is what I usually do in games with combat options).

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
While Shinobi initially wrote this game has coop, at E3 they talked about how it's a singleplayer game with a defined protagonist.

So they either changed their focus during development, or they are waiting to reveal this down the road?

Either way, I'm excited. I always love a SP-focused game.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
So they either changed their focus during development, or they are waiting to reveal this down the road?

Either way, I'm excited. I always love a SP-focused game.
Maybe, like Nico, it didn't work out.

I don't know how much Shinobi gets access to, but maybe he also just inferred some things.

F4r0_Atak

That was published by Eidos. Sony acquired them in 2005 and Shellshock was 2004

Guy I quoted said not a single one of Guerrilla's games was released on a non-PlayStation platform. They're a developer, not a publisher, and they developed Shellshock.

So Eidos publishing it is irrelevant.

He's right on the bold part.

Before the Inq... Acquisition of the studio, Guerilla Games worked on only one game that was multiplatform, but that's it. Ever since SCE brought them under their WWS, all their games were Playstation exclusive. SCE even merged one of their smaller studios with Guerilla Games (SCE Cambridge).

So it's like, I really want this game.

image.php

Well, it sure seems like it, especially with an avatar like yours... XD

F4r0_Atak

As a side note, anyone have any idea what dinosaur this robot is based on? Looks like Suchomimus to me.

Based on that concept and the size of its legs... I would actually say a T-Rex (minus the arms). Its legs seems to be wider and stronger that the ones of the Suchomimus, but I could be wrong about that. Although, the size of its jaw is too different from usually huge T-Rex jaw. I'll look into it... :p

He's right on the bold part.

Before the Inq... Acquisition of the studio, Guerilla Games worked on only one game that was multiplatform, but that's it. Ever since SCE brought them under their WWS, all their games were Playstation exclusive. SCE even merged one of their smaller studios with Guerilla Games (SCE Cambridge).

image.php

Well, it sure seems like it, especially with an avatar like yours... XD

They made a couple gameboy games too. They were an analgamation of 3 studios .

Javin98

Banned
Based on that concept and the size of its legs... I would actually say a T-Rex (minus the arms). Its legs seems to be wider and stronger that the ones of the Suchomimus, but I could be wrong about that. Although, the size of its jaw is too different from usually huge T-Rex jaw. I'll look into it... :p
But its jaws are slender and more nimble than a T-Rex's jaws. This is a T-Rex's jaws:
92c5de3aea44721d75bae2c0c7b20eb0.jpg

Also, the giant dinobot we saw in the E3 trailer is based on T-Rex. This one looks quite different.

F4r0_Atak

Did you expect them to reveal all monsters in one video?

also we know 6 dinos not just 5

60ade0f3jw1eke6m65xijj21kw148b29.jpg
But its jaws are slender and more nimble than a T-Rex's jaws. This is a T-Rex's jaws:
92c5de3aea44721d75bae2c0c7b20eb0.jpg

Also, the giant dinobot we saw in the E3 trailer is based on T-Rex. This one looks quite different.

Yeah... but so does the redhead in the picture, whose the main character in the game. Even the guy with wolf pelt on his head looks different to his "final" look in the E3 trailer. So the dino-robot you see in this concept, could very well be the same one we see in the E3 trailer. Then again, I could be wrong. In the end, we could even have a fight of these two beasts (T-Rex vs whatever look-alike)
like in the silly final battle of Jurassic World

Top Bottom