• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn Trailer (Guerrilla, post-apocalyptic pre-historic adventure)

pixelbox

I've been thinking over the last couple of days about this. These "machines" are probably there to repair what the "old ones" destroyed. They may have built them for that purpose until their return. But then where did they go? It is clear the old ones left.

I've been thinking over the last couple of days about this. These "machines" are probably there to repair what the "old ones" destroyed. They may have built them for that purpose until their return. But then where did they go? It is clear the old ones left.

So basically like "The 100"?

stryke

Dev gives a brief breakdown

yEX8dj.gif

I am hoping for an extraterrestrial angle in this game. Aliens invade, destroy cities and create robot dinosaurs to gather resources and intimidate the remaining humans just by their sheer size. Similar to the striders in Half Lfie 2

Venture

I keep searching for any new scrap of information and stumbled across this little piece by GamesRadar. It mostly confirms stuff we already knew but there are a few interesting bits.

Horizon's combat, world and RPG systems explained by Guerrilla
There's a "full climbing and traversal system" says Jan, "you can climb up mountains, climb into trees, swim through rivers". Useful if you want to flee the robots instead of fight.
The game will have some sort of online component according to Jan. "The core of the game is a single player experience, but there are certain social features in there".
Hunting isn't the only option with robots, although "the other interactions you can have [is] something we’re not going into yet". When asked directly if you could get on a large plate-headed robot's head, Jan answered, "that is something you will see later".

"Hunting isn't the only option with robots, although "the other interactions you can have [is] something we’re not going into yet". When asked directly if you could get on a large plate-headed robot's head, Jan answered, "that is something you will see later"."

Climbing/riding dinobots confirmed?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
"Hunting isn't the only option with robots, although "the other interactions you can have [is] something we’re not going into yet". When asked directly if you could get on a large plate-headed robot's head, Jan answered, "that is something you will see later"."

Climbing/riding dinobots confirmed?

Getting me a bunch of attack RoboRaptors!

Lemondish

I doubt it.

I think it's just 1000 years of sentient machines adapting to the end of the world.

I don't think I've ever encountered a game that has a concept that adheres so closely to my "wouldn't it be cool if" concept in my head.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Even after seeing the concept art forever ago I let my imagination go wild and the final product is still looking better than anything I came up with.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I don't think I've ever encountered a game that has a concept that adheres so closely to my "wouldn't it be cool if" concept in my head.

Even after seeing the concept art forever ago I let my imagination go wild and the final product is still looking better than anything I came up with.

Agreed with the both of these statements. I feel exactly the same way!

It is like my childhood imagination and fantasies in overdrive.

viveks86

Agreed! Still a little wary about the "every mountaintop, every valley" part. That's just too good to be true. Destiny burnt me so bad on that front that it will take a game like this to come out for me to regain faith. Heck, even distant mountains in witcher 3 are not accessible. Make me believe, GG!

Venture

Guerilla posted a Thank You Youtube Video, where they showed highlights of how the Guerilla devs who didn't attend E3 watched the Sony conference, their game being unveiled, feedback on RIGs, and a thank you by Hermen at the end.
That was nice. Guerilla seems like a great place to work.

Horizon is on the next cover of Power Unlimited too. Looks like it might just be an E3 recap issue though, so there may not be any new information.
https://twitter.com/PowerUnlimited/status/621270023412318208
Svc31KH.jpg

Seks in games!

This game is gonna be awesome, do you think the game story and sidequest will be good knowing that the guy who wrote New Vegas and the quest designer from Witcher 3 are involved? I have never played a killzone game but i have heard that story and dialogue were weak spots in the killzone series, so i hope Guerilla does not fuck up those aspects in this game.

Nice video! We are grateful for your efforts also, Guerrilla.

I'm quite excited for RIGS, also, which is weird, considering I rarely ever care for online gaming. But Mercenary was amazingly fun online, and the game just looks loads of fun.

Agreed! Still a little wary about the "every mountaintop, every valley" part. That's just too good to be true. Destiny burnt me so bad on that front that it will take a game like this to come out for me to regain faith. Heck, even distant mountains in witcher 3 are not accessible. Make me believe, GG!

They have 5 years to make the game. That is just as long to make GTAV and longer than the Witcher 3. I have no doubt they can fulfill this requirement.

Agreed with the both of these statements. I feel exactly the same way!

It is like my childhood imagination and fantasies in overdrive.

Totally agree with you guys; this is looking really special and totally ticks a bunch of childhood fantasy boxes. I'm especially excited that you can climb tree and swim, and generally it sounds like the traversal is ubiquitous, which I always look for in action games.

Well, the world has to end somewhere, so of course there will be places which are off-limits. Maybe sheer cliff faces which Aloy can't get up, or it turns out the game world is a big island surrounded by oceans a la GTAV. As long as they don't do the bollocks from Oblivion, where you can't go into an area because reasons.

Top Bottom