• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Housemarque's new game, Matterfall, gives me Mega Man vibes

Haunted

Looks bland as fuck.

There's a point when something becomes so smooth and polished through focus testing that there's nothing to keep holding onto.

MilkBeard

This game could either be really cool, or really generic. It depends on the creators. If combat is anything like the video, then it would be awesome.

If it ends up being just another sci-fi shooter, then I'm out. Of course, we have no idea if it will be 3rd person, first person or what. I really liked the transforming gun and the way enemies disperse into little blocks.

Shin-Ra

Probably because I watched it a few days ago but it reminded me of Tom Thumb (by Alex Evans).

Frustrating as with all pre rendered 'concept' trailers, I still don't know what to expect or when to expect it.

edit: Nothing extra in the press kit on Housemarque's site except some clean logos.
21907436614_1e665e7889_o.png

22504202696_5fe9f90b2a_o.png

Not sold on the name but the logo's cool.

NeoROCK

Hard to say since there was no gameplay but from what they showed it looks like RESOGUN in a TPS/FPS perspective.

Those beautiful beautiful voxels.

I'm sure this game will be fun. Housemarque always delivers.

NeoROCK

This game could either be really cool, or really generic. It depends on the creators. If combat is anything like the video, then it would be awesome.

If it ends up being just another sci-fi shooter, then I'm out. Of course, we have no idea if it will be 3rd person, first person or what. I really liked the transforming gun and the way enemies disperse into little blocks.

I'm guessing you've never played a Housemarque game before?

Check the reviews on their previous games. They score high.

I'm interested in anything Housemarque makes.

This.

Along with Naughty Dog, Housemarque is one of the few developers that I trust to make a quality, fun game.

stryke

Housemarque really like their cubes.

They've been teasing this game with countdowns throughout the week right? I hope to see what this game actually is...

Is the game supposed to look like the trailer? I assumed it was just a teaser and the actual game would be top down or 2-D arcade style.

NeoROCK

Looks like there's a mini-boss fight in the Trailer.

It reminds me of Resogun. Futuristic, voxels, boss fights, and lots of action.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I haven't been able to watch any videos from the conference yet, but you had me at Housemarque. That's all I need to know. Sold.

Kyoufu

So... what is this game? All I see is some CG which doesn't tell me anything. Is it top down? Dual stick shootbang? Sidescroller?

Definitely got more of a VanquishXOutland feeling than a Megaman one. CGI don't do much to me but I'll keep an eye on this one.

Shredderi

Also agree that they should forgo CG trailers alltogether. Put those hundreds of thousands of euros into the actual game instead.

Tagyhag

Just looked like another voxel game to me.

A modern take on Mega Man would be interesting. But all we have is a non-gameplay trailer.

EhoaVash

Character looks very bland lol

I thought it was warframe at first ..

My lil brother came home from school and saw the conference and asked is that warframe ? Lol

I only played warframe once when I got the system.

Skux

Well I thought it looked really cool. I liked the side-on shots where they gave us an idea of what gameplay looked like. If it's Super Stardust or Dead Nation as a side-scrolling platformer then that's all I can ask for.

Godcannon

I thought it was actually Vanquish at first. But I get you OP, upon watching this trailer, I couldn't help but think about how Megaman has evolved into this now. It's not really that hard to put together. Concepts of course, you're being taken too literally.

Edit: But yes some gameplay would be nice.

Bishop89

That looks absolutely amazing. I'm hoping its not a top down shooter. I mean Housemarque are great at them, but I rather have a full 3d game.

Do we know if thats the case?

wapplew

Hate announcement with CGI trailer without real gameplay footage follow up. Whats the point?
Sorry Housemarque, bad decision here.

Looks like Megaman meets Bomberman Zero to me. Hopefully it will be better than BM0, but as it's Housemarque I have no doubt that it wouldn't be excellent

Top Bottom