• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How a Lying Youtuber(Sargon) Ruined MTV's attempt to explain BLM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course not, and of course it's a shame that it took this long for the issue to come to the foreground again, but that doesn't mean that education, civility, peaceful protests and open dialog are suddenly not the answer, that we should just stoop down a few levels.

Look at gay rights for example. Decades long people fought and fought for change, and it seemed like nothing happened. But in the background, those movements caused long term effects, people changing their thinking and raising their kids differently, and in a relatively short time gay acceptance shot up in the polls and now gay marriage is legal.

Did it take a violent revolution, with insults and shaming and chaos? No. It took smart, brave people exposing these issues, engaging the opposition, and most importantly, acting better than the hate from the opposition, for things to change. I want BLM to succeed in the same fashion, and it is my belief that if people remain civil, respectful and focused on education and changing young minds, that will happen, but if we throw out morals, civility and respect, that will create chaos, divisions, misunderstandings and rifts that take years to heal. That is just my perspective on things.

You know what, let's bring up the LGBT comparison. Because that allows for the perfect example of the point you are missing:

Kim Davis is the LGBT equivalent of what Lui Kang is referring to. She was given ample opportunity to educate herself on LGBT issues, but she was so caught up in her homophobia that she decided to break the law in order to get in the way of progress.

Should we have just kindly asked her to please stop being a homophobe? No, society did the right thing and threw her dumb ass in jail and kept her there until she agreed to get out of the way.

You educate the ignorant, but you shame and humiliate the bigoted.

Many fights for equality, such as for women, blacks and LGBTQ's, involved and were often started through violence, but none of those fights were ever won or resolved that way in the end. It always took smart people with an ability to change minds and shape legislation.
Actually it just took the Supreme Court to say banning gay marriage sucks. No disrespect to the great fights we had over history to make movements forward, but this one move got us far.

I'm not a fan of rational wiki but that mention of the fraudulent Kickstarter for a non-existent game he was involved with strikes me as something that should've made more news if it was true.

Also amusing to see in the same article everytime someone in Gamergate tries to make a legitimate push for more accountability for certain members' behaviour and to drop the obviously irrelevant political fanaticism behind it, every other figurehead stabs them in the back. It's happened several times now if I remember right.

Actually it just took the Supreme Court to say banning gay marriage sucks.

And the Republican Party STILL won't change their platform to be more accepting of the LGBT community.

I guess we should just ask the GOP pretty please with cherries on top and then, according to scoobidoo, that'll change their minds.

And to add even more LGBT comparison, Georgia's governor didn't veto his state's religious freedom bill because of people being nice to him. He vetoed it because businesses shamed him and threatened to move.

Unfortunately I have a feeling that businesses will have to miraculously become progressive enough that they start threatening to move in response to racial insensitivity.

I think there's something to be said for the fact that the types like Sargon and Thundercunt aren't brave enough to post heir toxic views under their real names where the opposition does.

Cowards.

You know what, let's bring up the LGBT comparison. Because that allows for the perfect example of the point you are missing:

Kim Davis is the LGBT equivalent of what Lui Kang is referring to. She was given ample opportunity to educate herself on LGBT issues, but she was so caught up in her homophobia that she decided to break the law in order to get in the way of progress.

Should we have just kindly asked her to please stop being a homophobe? No, society did the right thing and threw her dumb ass in jail and kept her their until she agreed to get out of the way.

You educate the ignorant, but you shame and humiliate the bigoted.

You'd be surprised how many bigoted people are so because of ignorance. I'd argue you often cannot tell the difference. I've met people in my life who acted bigoted because they were taught to do so, but they were able to change their ways after having extensive conversations on the topic.

Anyway I don't think there's anything I can say to you to make me understand me better because you just seem interested in writing me off as someone who wants to have tea parties with Kim Davis, as if that is anything like what I am arguing about. Here I am trying to explain that, generally, education and conversation is the way to change minds, whilst saying I already support BLM, but instead you act like I'm saying "let's go visit KKK Grand Wizards and talk to them calmly". There is no need to compare what I'm saying to these extremes. Sargon is not one of those extremes.

You'd be surprised how many bigoted people are so because of ignorance. I'd argue you often cannot tell the difference. I've met people in my life who acted bigoted because they were taught to do so, but they were able to change their ways after having extensive conversations on the topic.

Anyway I don't think there's anything I can say to you to make me understand me better because you just seem interested in writing me off as someone who wants to have tea parties with Kim Davis, as if that is anything like what I am arguing about. Here I am trying to explain that, generally, education and conversation is the way to change minds, whilst saying I already support BLM, but instead you act like I'm saying "let's go visit KKK Grand Wizards and talk to them calmly". There is no need to compare what I'm saying to these extremes. Sargon is not one of those extremes.
You think people haven't tried to have nice conversations to educate Sargon and people like him? He's been around for years.

Looks like it's time for Great Moments in Peaceful Protest History.

https://thenib.com/great-moments-in-peaceful-protest-history

great-moments-in-peaceful-protest-history-44bdadb44cf-1.jpeg

great-moments-in-peaceful-protest-history-44bdadb44cf-2.jpeg

great-moments-in-peaceful-protest-history-44bdadb44cf-3.jpeg

great-moments-in-peaceful-protest-history-44bdadb44cf-4.jpeg

Vinland

Banned
At no point did the person you quoted make any claim about the white race. They specifically said "white supremacists" when referring to who to not be nice to.

Well...

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
We've been entrenched in racism and white supremacy since we stepped foot onto America. You think having nice conversations is going to change this? Seriously? If America actually wanted this shit to stop, we would have done so already.

You guys say these things like this hasn't already been and wouldn't continue to be everyone's opinion of BLM no matter what they did.

That is my supposition to white people on the whole are racist is they aren't already supporting BLM.

Then the last bolded statement is also supposition to everyone not in BLM which includes every single white person outside the movement, don't give two shits about BLM for reasons they can't explain. Which means he thinks everyone of those people is bigoted towards BLM because they would think what they do no matter what.

I find that line of thought offensive.

Francesca Ramsey's channel in case anyone wants to see more videos from her.

Also, is Sargon Of Akkad allergic to brevity? It's rare he posts a video that is 5 minutes or less. People who watch his videos mostly must be unemployed, how else would you have the time to watch all his diatribes.

It has to do with Youtube monetization rules. They change constantly so I don't know the current rules, but basically if a video isn't at least one minute long it won't get a pre-roll ad which is big $$, and videos that are not watched for at least a certain length don't make much money which encourages longer videos.

Bullshit. It is absolutely easy to tell who can be reasoned with and who can't.

Sargon IS one of those extremes, as shown by the goddamn OP. He had the chance to actually watch the video and regardless of whether he watched it or
not he chose to purposefully misrepresent MTV's argument. That's not ignorance. That's being a sociopath.

That is my supposition to white people on the whole are racist is they aren't already supporting BLM.
I don't need white people to support BLM to know we're, as a collective, a racist entity.

Look in this thread. You guys are arguing about how we have to be nice to white people to get anything to change, because you know this is a white supremacy. You know white people have the final say in everything. We could have stopped racism long ago with this power. We never have, and we're still here arguing with black people about giving them freedom.

Well...

Then the last bolded statement is also supposition to everyone not in BLM which includes every single white person outside the movement, don't give two shits about BLM for reasons they can't explain. Which means he thinks everyone of those people is bigoted towards BLM because they would think what they do no matter what.

I find that line of thought offensive.

First off last I checked there are white people in the BLM movement.

Second, they are talking about America as an institution, and based on what we have seen, they are right.

Sargon is not one of those extremes.

He's not "KKK Grand Wizard" extreme, but he is an extreme. He's someone who doesn't care about logic, reasoning, or facts that he can't misconstrue with a 5 minute Google search, and he uses what he does find to spread misinformation and bigotry to hundreds of his followers who then pass it along.

Giving someone like him respect is pointless, not only because he doesn't deserve it, but because it gives his bullshit a measure of validity, and with that validity, people who aren't familiar with him might think that there's something valid to the shit that he sells. Mocking him won't change his views, but at least it makes it more likely that people who learn about him will take his ideas with a grain of salt.

Of course not, and of course it's a shame that it took this long for the issue to come to the foreground again, but that doesn't mean that education, civility, peaceful protests and open dialog are suddenly not the answer, that we should just stoop down a few levels.

Look at gay rights for example. Decades long people fought and fought for change, and it seemed like nothing happened. But in the background, those movements caused long term effects, people changing their thinking and raising their kids differently, and in a relatively short time gay acceptance shot up in the polls and now gay marriage is legal.

Did it take a violent revolution, with insults and shaming and chaos? No. It took smart, brave people exposing these issues, engaging the opposition, and most importantly, acting better than the hate from the opposition, for things to change. I want BLM to succeed in the same fashion, and it is my belief that if people remain civil, respectful and focused on education and changing young minds, that will happen, but if we throw out morals, civility and respect, that will create chaos, divisions, misunderstandings and rifts that take years to heal. That is just my perspective on things.

Actually, the Stonewall riots is a landmark situation in the fight for gay civil rights.

I certainly believe being civil and focusing on education is smart and worthwhile, but you must also caution your yourself from being too civil and moderate, allowing voices of hate couched in quite, even-handed words to thrive.

Two points from the gold standard many use for civil change.

I'm absolutely convinced that a riot merely intensifies the fears of the white community while relieving the guilt. And I feel that we must always work with an effective, powerful weapon and method that brings about tangible results. But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity.

"Why direct action? Why sit ins, marches and so forth? Isn't negotiation a better path?" You are quite right in calling for negotiation. Indeed, this is the very purpose of direct action. Nonviolent direct action seeks to create such a crisis and foster such a tension that a community which has constantly refused to negotiate is forced to confront the issue. It seeks so to dramatize the issue that it can no longer be ignored. My citing the creation of tension as part of the work of the nonviolent resister may sound rather shocking. But I must confess that I am not afraid of the word "tension." I have earnestly opposed violent tension, but there is a type of constructive, nonviolent tension which is necessary for growth. Just as Socrates felt that it was necessary to create a tension in the mind so that individuals could rise from the bondage of myths and half truths to the unfettered realm of creative analysis and objective appraisal, so must we see the need for nonviolent gadflies to create the kind of tension in society that will help men rise from the dark depths of prejudice and racism to the majestic heights of understanding and brotherhood. The purpose of our direct action program is to create a situation so crisis packed that it will inevitably open the door to negotiation. I therefore concur with you in your call for negotiation. Too long has our beloved Southland been bogged down in a tragic effort to live in monologue rather than dialogue.

One of the basic points in your statement is that the action that I and my associates have taken in Birmingham is untimely. Some have asked: "Why didn't you give the new city administration time to act?" The only answer that I can give to this query is that the new Birmingham administration must be prodded about as much as the outgoing one, before it will act. We are sadly mistaken if we feel that the election of Albert Boutwell as mayor will bring the millennium to Birmingham. While Mr. Boutwell is a much more gentle person than Mr. Connor, they are both segregationists, dedicated to maintenance of the status quo. I have hope that Mr. Boutwell will be reasonable enough to see the futility of massive resistance to desegregation. But he will not see this without pressure from devotees of civil rights. My friends, I must say to you that we have not made a single gain in civil rights without determined legal and nonviolent pressure. Lamentably, it is an historical fact that privileged groups seldom give up their privileges voluntarily. Individuals may see the moral light and voluntarily give up their unjust posture; but, as Reinhold Niebuhr has reminded us, groups tend to be more immoral than individuals.

We know through painful experience that freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed. Frankly, I have yet to engage in a direct action campaign that was "well timed" in the view of those who have not suffered unduly from the disease of segregation. For years now I have heard the word "Wait!" It rings in the ear of every Negro with piercing familiarity. This "Wait" has almost always meant "Never." We must come to see, with one of our distinguished jurists, that "justice too long delayed is justice denied."

Perhaps it is easy for those who have never felt the stinging darts of segregation to say, "Wait." But when you have seen vicious mobs lynch your mothers and fathers at will and drown your sisters and brothers at whim; when you have seen hate filled policemen curse, kick and even kill your black brothers and sisters; when you see the vast majority of your twenty million Negro brothers smothering in an airtight cage of poverty in the midst of an affluent society; when you are harried by day and haunted by night by the fact that you are a Negro, living constantly at tiptoe stance, never quite knowing what to expect next, and are plagued with inner fears and outer resentments; when you are forever fighting a degenerating sense of "nobodiness"--then you will understand why we find it difficult to wait.

There comes a time when the cup of endurance runs over, and men are no longer willing to be plunged into the abyss of despair. I hope, sirs, you can understand our legitimate and unavoidable impatience. You express a great deal of anxiety over our willingness to break laws. This is certainly a legitimate concern. Since we so diligently urge people to obey the Supreme Court's decision of 1954 outlawing segregation in the public schools, at first glance it may seem rather paradoxical for us consciously to break laws. One may well ask: "How can you advocate breaking some laws and obeying others?" The answer lies in the fact that there are two types of laws: just and unjust. I would be the first to advocate obeying just laws. One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that "an unjust law is no law at all."

An unjust law is a code that a numerical or power majority group compels a minority group to obey but does not make binding on itself. This is difference made legal. One who breaks an unjust law must do so openly, lovingly, and with a willingness to accept the penalty. I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for law.

To wit, one can understand the occasionally violence and the erring of some, without wholesale agreeing to violence as a whole. The latter commentary, from his Letter from Birmingham Jail still rings true today. We have long had thread decried protest because they block streets and cause the average person discontent, ignoring that is the point.

First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.

I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that law and order exist for the purpose of establishing justice and that when they fail in this purpose they become the dangerously structured dams that block the flow of social progress. I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that the present tension in the South is a necessary phase of the transition from an obnoxious negative peace, in which the Negro passively accepted his unjust plight, to a substantive and positive peace, in which all men will respect the dignity and worth of human personality. Actually, we who engage in nonviolent direct action are not the creators of tension. We merely bring to the surface the hidden tension that is already alive. We bring it out in the open, where it can be seen and dealt with. Like a boil that can never be cured so long as it is covered up but must be opened with all its ugliness to the natural medicines of air and light, injustice must be exposed, with all the tension its exposure creates, to the light of human conscience and the air of national opinion before it can be cured.

Law enforcement and the justice system in our country, is likewise, still rather biased. This makes sense, as for the most part, it is the ultimate result and evolution of previous practices and ideas that King himself dealt with. This is what has lead to an organization like Black Lives Matter and as long as the organization as a whole leans strongly towards non-violent protest, then seeing one in good conscious focus more on the the occasional err rather than pushing even harder on the long-standing grievances that lead to those potential missteps, seems to be a mistake at best and a slight at worst.

The speak of those that perhaps pull away from the general thrust of BLM, despite the overwhelming statistics and evidence that points in the opposite direction, or those who use the general sentiment to make violent action, King says:

I began thinking about the fact that I stand in the middle of two opposing forces in the Negro community. One is a force of complacency, made up in part of Negroes who, as a result of long years of oppression, are so drained of self respect and a sense of "somebodiness" that they have adjusted to segregation; and in part of a few middle-class Negroes who, because of a degree of academic and economic security and because in some ways they profit by segregation, have become insensitive to the problems of the masses. The other force is one of bitterness and hatred, and it comes perilously close to advocating violence. It is expressed in the various black nationalist groups that are springing up across the nation, the largest and best known being Elijah Muhammad's Muslim movement. Nourished by the Negro's frustration over the continued existence of racial discrimination, this movement is made up of people who have lost faith in America, who have absolutely repudiated Christianity, and who have concluded that the white man is an incorrigible "devil."

I have tried to stand between these two forces, saying that we need emulate neither the "do nothingism" of the complacent nor the hatred and despair of the black nationalist.

Oppressed people cannot remain oppressed forever. If one recognizes this vital urge that has engulfed the Negro community, one should readily understand why public demonstrations are taking place. The Negro has many pent up resentments and latent frustrations, and he must release them. So let him march; let him make prayer pilgrimages to the city hall; let him go on freedom rides -and try to understand why he must do so. If his repressed emotions are not released in nonviolent ways, they will seek expression through violence; this is not a threat but a fact of history. So I have not said to my people: "Get rid of your discontent." Rather, I have tried to say that this normal and healthy discontent can be channeled into the creative outlet of nonviolent direct action. And now this approach is being termed extremist.

Things have changed for the better. But things aren't great. The resentment is still fed today by acts of violence or acts of complacency. To discount that real anger, borne of real situations and focus wholly on tone, is to miss the forest for the trees.

Do I agree with the actions of every BLM group? No. I can disagree with those specific actions, while noting that the cause as a whole is more important than that. I can note that black people, as a whole have collectively spoken and marched against violence against our own people - which statistically is no different from any other race - for years. It's been there and those like Sargon who do not acknowledge that those movements and organizations already exist, are being ignorant at best or intellectually dishonest at worst. When you see the pushback to that incorrect meme, it's because ignorance on the matter is rather harmful to all involved. It shows that you have not taken the time to educate yourself on the matter.

Why Don't Black People Protest 'Black-on-Black Violence'?

A quick Google would bring up protests and organizations. How can one talk about hard research and neglect to do that? How can one miss Cure Violence, Advocates for Peace and Urban Unity, or Reclaiming America's Communities through Empowerment , or any number of anti-gang organizations, many with government backing? Surely, if one is espousing a good, logical argument, that's the bare minimum, right?

But Sargon is not interested in that argument, hence the lack of research on that front. And that is why you've seen the pushback in this thread. He is focused dogma, given a YouTube channel, not a lone, rational voice.

To be honest I've never heard of this organisation called cease fire before but have heard about black lives matter over and over again. Is cease fire simply not funded or able to get people in the media interested in their cause? Not watching any Sargon video to see what he said.

There are many different organizations, and they may differ from place to place.

Another organization is Stop The Violence, which was founded in 1989. So, it isn't like the black community hasn't made efforts to, well, stop the violence in our communities. A web search will give you the info.

Franchesca Ramsey is awesome and her videos are informative. I hope she keeps making them.

Azzanadra

Aren't the alt-right non-religious, too?

I mean, they kinda show you can drop one bad bucket of ideas, but still be carrying five other ones.

Both sides are heavily invested in figures like Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins, which is kind of surprising for the alt-right as these mentioned figures would be to the left of them. My point is that the alt-community of both sides seems to have almost band together, you would see commentators from both sides like Sargon, Rubin, Milo, Crowder (and their fanbases) and so on agreeing with each other on a variety of issues. Its way every "The young turks" video has like 50% dislikes, its usually the other guys attacking the so called "PC regressive left".

Anarky

Banned
How does irony figure in to anything and why are you projecting YOUR seemingly high standard for YouTube social commentators. Anita Sarkeesian doesn't either should I be skeptical of what she says because she refuses to do a response video to one of her critics?

Where the hell did I say he had to do a response video pal? I'm just saying it's ironic you're talking about listening and having a discourse with the other side when Sargon himself literally went out of his way to let people know he wouldn't watch the video which challenges his POV and reasonings because of something that he's regularly prone to AKA Long videos.

Lime

Both sides are heavily invested in figures like Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins, which is kind of surprising for the alt-right as these mentioned figures would be to the left of them. My point is that the alt-community of both sides seems to have almost band together, you would see commentators from both sides like Sargon, Rubin, Milo, Crowder (and their fanbases) and so on agreeing with each other on a variety of issues. Its way every "The young turks" video has like 50% dislikes, its usually the other guys attacking the so called "PC regressive left".

Harris and Dawkins are not socially left, at least in terms of identity politics. Both have said racist and misogynistic statements and do not listen to the criticisms of their bigotry.

Dr. Buni

Never knew about this person. Opened his channel... "Why people hate feminists", "Apologists for Black Lives Matter", among other stupid titled videos... Closed the channel right there.

Yup. He shall be hand-waved. So much of what he says there we know isn't true after some very basic research. After watching that BLM Apologists video, where he's stretching and using mental gymnastics again, he shall be hand-waved. He's a spinner with a fixed opinion, not an open-minded debater.

Harris and Dawkins are not socially left, at least in terms of identity politics. Both have said racist and misogynistic statements and do not shy away from listening to the criticisms of their bigotry.

Dawkins who receives hate for being pro choice and having classically social liberal positions including supporting feminism, gay rights and animal rights. The only real noticeable way that he his not "socially left" on "identity politics" is by openly criticising people for making decisions based on religion. Freethought is very much a liberal tradition.

Dude was a figurehead in a literal hate movement. He's the literal definition of one of those extremes.

To be honest I've never heard of this organisation called cease fire before but have heard about black lives matter over and over again. Is cease fire simply not funded or able to get people in the media interested in their cause? Not watching any Sargon video to see what he said.

I's simple really:

The only time the media gives a fuck about black folk killing black folk is when it can be used to excuse white folk killing black folk.

Dawkins who receives hate for being pro choice and having classically social liberal positions including supporting feminism, gay rights and animal rights. The only real noticeable way that he his not "socially left" on "identity politics" is by openly criticising people for making decisions based on religion. Freethought is very much a liberal tradition.

You're leaving out his old man twitter tantrums equating women getting molested while intoxicated to driving drunk & his obsession with clockboy.
Also honey.

Lime

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/18/richard-dawkins-sexist-atheists-bad-name

http://www.salon.com/2014/10/03/new...sm_of_richard_dawkins_and_sam_harris_partner/

http://www.vice.com/read/the-atheist-movement-needs-to-disown-richard-dawkins-999

You're leaving out his old man twitter tantrums equating women getting molested while intoxicated to driving drunk & his obsession with clockboy.
Also honey.

I'm just not forgetting the times when he has done way more for the cause of publicly debating the case for social liberalism than anyone here will ever be likely to do. Twitter really doesn't mean anything it's a horrible medium for anything serious.

Well black people period.

This alt right dudes have too much time on their hands. They should use some of it for self reflection.

That said does likes and down votes really mean anything anymore? Other to shoutdown something or circle jerk it?
It ruins YouTube recommendation discovery that people who (apparently there is a lot) view YouTube not logged in

BLM probably could have avoided a lot of "explaining" had they chosen a name that wasn't going to be blatantly divisive and anger a bunch of dickheads who now are using the name as a method of creating further division, misinformation, and hate.

If the goal of BLM is specifically to stop police violence, then the name should reflect that.

Granted, these same dickheads are going to make a stink regardless, but why give them a freebie?

I'm not sure how BLM even got it's name to begin with. Who decided that? Did it just come out of some stupid social media slogan from Twitter?

I don't have a problem with the BLM protestors, I agree with them and think our police forces need to review their hiring and training practices and be demilitarized. For the most part BLM protests have been pretty peaceful and well done.

But I guess it's too late to apply hindsight.

Harmen

Many fights for equality, such as for women, blacks and LGBTQ's, involved and were often started through violence, but none of those fights were ever won or resolved that way in the end. It always took smart people with an ability to change minds and shape legislation.

For a conflict to resolve there has to be a conflict in the first place. Intelligent discussions shaping the future by changing perception/legalisation usually only take place after a clear form of conflict.

Trojan X

Banned
Isn't this guy also gamergate? He always picks a fight with Sarkkessian.

I don't think so. He critique Sarkessian with good arguments. Nothing to do with GamerGate.

This guy is a hit & miss with his videos, but if he really did discredit a "good thing" then that definitely pisses me off and makes me look down at him. Alas, before fuming, I will go and check out the videos in question first.

Lime

BLM probably could have avoided a lot of "explaining" had they chosen a name that wasn't going to be blatantly divisive and anger a bunch of dickheads who now are using the name as a method of creating further division, misinformation, and hate.

If the goal of BLM is specifically to stop police violence, then the name should reflect that.

Granted, these same dickheads are going to make a stink regardless, but why give them a freebie?

I'm not sure how BLM even got it's name to begin with. Who decided that? Did it just come out of some stupid social media slogan from Twitter?

I don't have a problem with the BLM protestors, I agree with them and think our police forces need to review their hiring and training practices and be demilitarized. For the most part BLM protests have been pretty peaceful and well done.

But I guess it's too late to apply hindsight.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with something as simple and innocuous as Black Lives Matter. The fact that someone would be "offended" by such a name speaks to their racist sensibilities if they actually get enraged from the simple statement that Black Lives Matter. It actually pisses me off that anyone could take offense from saying that Black lives matter.

Besides, you can't avoid deflection and push back from racists who will intentionally obscure and manipulate your arguments in order to maintain the racist status quo.

I don't think so. He critique Sarkessian with good arguments. Nothing to do with GamerGate.

This guy is a hit & miss with his videos, but if he really did discredit a "good thing" then that definitely pisses me off and makes me look down at him. Alas, before fuming, I will go and check out the videos in question first.

No, he is absolutely a GG supporter, and to call his criticism of Sarkeesian "good arguments" is a dubious claim at best.

Lime

Dude is a fucking gamergater and even went as far as trying to harass and discredit an academic research organization on video games because he believed universities across the world were forming a feminist conspiracy against (white) men.

He's a racist, sexist bigot and is not worth anyone's time of day.

Trojan X

Banned
No, he is absolutely a GG supporter, and to call his criticism of Sarkeesian "good arguments" is a dubious claim at best.

Well, his arguments against Anita is subjective and I believe that he does come with good ones. Whether he is pro-gamergate though, that I am not sure which is why I said "think" rather than "know".

Trojan X

Banned
Dude is a fucking gamergater and even went as far as trying to harass and discredit an academic research organization on video games because he believed universities across the world were forming a feminist conspiracy against (white) men.

If that's true then that's really messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom