• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How is it that nobody is bothered by a 18-year-old game being sold for 70 dollars?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
It's a remake. Some parts look dated. Some parts look fantastic.

Unless my ears are broken though, I don't think they re-recorded the OST at all and it sounds like my ass run through a 40 year old casio keyboard. For $70 they should re-record that and have a toggle when the music is such a large draw for these games.

I don't think it should be $70 either. And it will likely have lots of DLC like most Atlus games. They are known to severely gouge their fans on pricing, DLC, repackaged Royal editions. I will never forget Etrian Odyssey HD.

Game has very small environments too broken up with loading. I guess that's now fine again for a 90 rated RPG.

Last edited:
I'm more accepting of a remake of an 18 year old game than a remake of a remaster of a PS3 game (The Last of Us). I am 100% ok with remakes of games that came out during the fifth (PS1, N64, Saturn) and sixth (PS2, GameCube, Xbox, Dreamcast,) generation of consoles.

Remakes and remasters of games that came out during the 7th and 8th generation of gaming is bullshit.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

What a weird thread when Reload pretty much has everything redone from the original asset-wise.

There are waaaaay worse remasters to be upset about.

Ribi

because you cant criticize foreign devs for not putting in the effort and doing cash grabs. Why do you think we keep getting gotcha games, anime games reskinned, nintendo, and Death stranding?

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
When I see those who advocate for such practices, I want these companies to implement even more aggressive policies. I might take a look at it via Game Pass, but from what I've seen, there haven't been any crazy changes, just a bit of Persona 5 paint slapped on it. What can I say, you deserve it lol.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Because Persona fans regularly take it in the ass and beg for more. This is the series that pioneered releasing “DLC” as a separate full priced game that’s incompatible with the original.

That's why I'm waiting a full 2 to 3 years till I buy it just to see if it's toned down in fanservice, if they will release The Answer/Female Protag/basically all the content from FES/Portable that's missing, see if I can use mods to up the sexiness/uncensored mods, and get it for cheap

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
My desire for a remake doesn't mean I want it to be merely touched up with low effort akin to a remaster and sold for $70.

No, what they're doing to Silent Hill 2 is much worse than that, and it's going to cost $70 for an inferior version of a 7 hour long 23 year old game.

At least P3 Remake is a marked improvement across the board from everything I've heard.

LordCBH

It’s almost like it’s a ground up remake in a new engine. Why would you complain about a 100 hour game being sold for $70?

It's more about rather you think it's worth it, for some people, it is. I totally get why people think it's worth it. It looks pretty. And probably has some gameplay updates, and new content (I'm guessing)

For me, it isn't. That's arguably an acceptable price for a Persona 6.

I will be playing the PS2 version when I get the chance 🤷🏻
I don't like remasters of games that look perfectly fine and visually distinct to this day. I will be playing a non-updated version gameplay wise, but that's fine.

But that's a me thing. Everyone knows their wallets worth.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
What a weird thread when Reload pretty much has everything redone from the original asset-wise.

There are waaaaay worse remasters to be upset about.

Nah.....no need to be upset about any of them. Just don't buy them.

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
No, what they're doing to Silent Hill 2 is much worse than that, and it's going to cost $70 for an inferior version of a 7 hour long 23 year old game.

At least P3 Remake is a marked improvement across the board from everything I've heard.
I'll criticize that too then, what do you expect me to say, I don't understand. I shared this because the price of this game caught my attention, and I'm asking when we got used to such things. Also, it seems that they may have made more radical changes in that game(for better or worse); I think remaking a three-dimensional game is more difficult.

SHA

Okay, first, your on the arguing side of persona topic, you knew you have to acknowledge who's on persona side regardless of how bad the topic is and exclude these people before asking the normal ones who actually makes sense, my opinion is vote for your wallet, that's the strongest spear you own and could wield it however you want, but you can't ignore those demographic who doesn't want you to argue about their favorite games.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I'll criticize that too then, what do you expect me to say, I don't understand. I shared this because the price of this game caught my attention, and I'm asking when we got used to such things. Also, it seems that they may have made more radical changes in that game(for better or worse); I think remaking a three-dimensional game is more difficult.

I'm saying you just don't like Persona 3 and you love Silent Hill 2, which is totally fine, but there's a reason you made this thread about one and not the other.

At the end of the day, things are only worth what people are willing to pay for them. I ain't paying $70 for P3 but I know some very happy longtime series fans right now who are.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I'm saying you just don't like Persona 3 and you love Silent Hill 2, which is totally fine, but there's a reason you made this thread about one and not the other.

At the end of the day, things are only worth what people are willing to pay for them. I ain't paying $70 for P3 but I know some very happy longtime series fans right now who are.
You're wrong, I love both. Silent Hill 2 isn't out yet and I don't have to make a thread about every wrong doings in the world. Just saw this game's price and opened this thread, that's just it, there isn't any hidden agenda here.
I know some very happy longtime series fans right now who are.
The thing I am against is that they are exploiting these people.

AV

You're wrong, I love both. Silent Hill 2 isn't out yet and I don't have to make a thread about every wrong doings in the world. Just saw this game's price and opened this thread, that's just it, there isn't any hidden agenda here.

The thing I am against is that they are exploiting these people.

Coulda fooled me.

7wAqPW6.png

Nobody's being exploited. The fans are grown adults who can choose to buy it or just play the original.

Top Bottom