• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How is it that nobody is bothered by a 18-year-old game being sold for 70 dollars?

I'm confused why there's this misunderstanding to begin with. A full-on ground-up remake is essentially the same amount of work as making a new game, so I'm honestly not clear why some people have this view. It's baffling. If it was just a lazy port with no changes then I'd agree with you, but you must already know that isn't the case here. So what distinctions are we making with silly arguments like this?

So if the game existed before, in a separate version in a time before present day, no matter what amount of people or amount of time and resources were spent on remaking it, it doesn't matter at all, because it's not an original new game?

That seems to me to be a distinction that is meaningless and makes no sense, if we're talking about something that was as much work or a similar amount of work to just making a brand new game. It sounds to me most of the time that the issue with it is based on a lack of understanding of what a remake is vs just a straight port/ conversion. People seem to either not understand the difference, or confuse the two and make snap judgements that aren't really based in reality. Such as "why does an 18 year-old game cost $70?". Well, it doesn't. You just don't seem to grasp the concept of what you're talking about, and yet you're still pushing through with making a meaningless thread, based on your own lack of understanding of the subject matter.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I mean, it's a remake of a game that a lot of people loved, and still do. I'd understand full on remakes being priced as such instead of remasters, personally. But either way, you can definitely find it for a bit cheaper.

Impotaku

Is this one of those poor people complaining threads?, if you have a problem paying full price maybe think about been one of the subscription rental peasants instead.

Nobody is forced to buy a game at full price.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I think this Persona 3 Reload project is kind of stupid, and I don't like the graphical changes they made to it (outlined in the DF video). I still think it was unnecessary and a cash grab, but it's still an amazing 10/10 game and everybody who likes RPGs should play Persona 3 in some form, this is just the easiest way to do so (if someone asked me I would probably say P3P on Steam Deck is the best way).

Gudji

It's not the same game, looks completely different.
James Franco GIF

I'm more surprised people are paying for many of the new games coming out that are considerably worse than this one and many other remasters/remakes.

Fabieter

because you cant criticize foreign devs for not putting in the effort and doing cash grabs. Why do you think we keep getting gotcha games, anime games reskinned, nintendo, and Death stranding?

What does you mean can't criticise foreign devs. Care to elaborate.

Hudo

Dunno, I paid 45€ for it (I did not buy it directly on Steam, I just bought a Steam key)

ByWatterson

I'm not bothered because people can buy or not buy whatever the hell they want.

This is how complaints like this come across:

james franco wtf GIF

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
And if someday they decide to bring this lovely game to modern system....
muramasa_rebirth.0.jpg

I would buy it FULL PRICE in a heartbeat....no question.
Personally I would be fine with this Remake if they just put all the content from Persona 3, Persona 3 FES and Persona 3 Portable into Remake. Instead it's just them remaking Persona 3
Unless they VASTLT improve the The Answer episode then I dont need it.

Last edited:
Game Pass. It's a great game btw, and I am going to pick it up on PS5 when it gets a deep discount, but yeah it's kind of steep since it's essentially the same game we've all played before, just with a new paint job and soundtrack.

And if some day decide to bring this lovely game to modern system....
muramasa_rebirth.0.jpg

I would buy it FULL PRICE in a heartbeat....no question.

Unless they VASTLT improve the The Answer episode then I dont needed.

I'm saying they should have done that from the start with the Remake

Just take all the content from the all 3 previous versions and put it into the Remake. That way it'll all be there from the start

As for Muramasa, that I expect an HD Remaster of soon. Wish it was Odin Sphere though 😉

Chastten

Banned
It's a videogame. A luxury article. If the majority of people don't think it's worth €70 it'll drop in price just as fast as any Ubisoft title.

That being said, I don't care about how old a game is, or how many hours it is. If it's fun, i'll gladly pay €60, €70 or even €100 for it.

LRKD

Well... Persona fans are extremely excited to play a Persona game for the first time. God forbid they actually go back and play the original P3.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If someone is a hardcore Persona gamer, they'll probably buy it. Everyone else, this is the kind of game to wait for budget prices or sub plans. Launches on Game Pass.

I'm talking about Persona 3. How did we accept this situation, could you explain?
OP I was starting to feel similar about P3 Reload, and suddenly I saw this battle trailer for it recently...

...and then I noticed one of the smoothest (and fastest) battle transitions I've ever seen in a turn based video game (thank you SSD technology) which I timestamped here.

The moment I saw that, any bad feelings or worries I had about the game instantly went away.

Top Bottom