• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How safe is it to swallow a 3DS cartridge whole?

Status
Not open for further replies.
matrixswallow3dsh7a1x.gif

This is thread of the year.

OP, what if your friend took in MM from the backside as he swallowed OoT orally? The two would surely meet down the middle and cause a cosmic Zelda collision inside him.

Don't the microchips inside a 3DS cart use lead based sodder? Nevermind the lithium toxicity from the save battery itself (Or is it flash memory)

Yeah, tell your friend to NOT do this. I'm not a "Medical expert" but even I considered these factors that this is a stupidly BAD idea.

If this doesn't convince your friend to not do this, then well...

http://aapnews.aappublications.org/content/34/5/13.full

Not advocating the eating of electronics here, but DS games do not use battery operated save technology. It's all flash state these days.

Eugh.

I hate when I swallow an icecube or too much water at once. It makes why esophagus hurt. I can't imagine a hunk of plastic. And 3DS games are kinda big.

Friends don't let friends eat games. I would try to dissuade him before we hear about him on the local news. He'll join the people like the guys who tipped over the porta-potty and paralyzed their cousin or those Darwin award people.

He sounds kind of..."special" so I wouldn't take what he says at face value. I would definitely try to stop him.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I lost it at "Fuckin Nerd".

Anyway, I've done this a lot of times. Specially with hard games or games that fucked with my mind. That being said I had to buy MGS4 like 5 times before I finally understood the storyline.

Don't fucking do it.

Saya Brea

Banned
Sounds like a good way to get intestinal bleeding. Not saying 100% gonna bleed, but I worked in a hospital, and I've seen less sharp things tear up insides.

dab0ne

Step 1: Tell him that upon contemplation you were wrong and it just might work.
Step 2: Post pics.

Step 3: Dont let him do it.

Tapejara

This one time some extended family brought their toddler son to my house. He went around my gaming area looking at small toys and eventually found a small car. He proceeded to stick it in his mouth. I ran to his rescue and quickly pulled the car out before he could swallow it. Thinking I had done the right thing.

If only someone had told me he just wanted to be one with the HotWheels!

If you're friend really is planning on going through with this, I'd encourage you to go to whatever lengths you have to in order to stop him.

This could kill him. I mean, it PROBABLY won't—It's DEFINITELY not healthy or safe—but he could choke, and I'm sure the metals in the cartridge have the potential to be poisonous.

...even I'm not stupid enough to do that.

Come the fuck on, dude. Punch him in the gut and tell him that's how it will feel when he poops a fucking cartridge.

He does realize he'll end up shitting that out, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom