• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How safe is it to swallow a 3DS cartridge whole?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received a text from him:

"someone linked me to your thread man. look, i appreciate the concern but im currently in talks about this with a friend who is in med school. hes looking into it, and if he gives it the all clear im gonna make a night of it and go ahead with the plan. hes the future medical expert, after all."

I don't have a smart phone so I can't upload directly, but I'd be more than willing to take a photo of my phone screen and post it if that would calm some of the troll accusations

memecenter_1391827954358_853.gif

(V)_o_O_(V)
Also this is amazing

EDIT: Ahahaha ElTorro, that is incredible!

Just got to read this gem, lmao, the fact that you need to ask about it makes it way more hilarious......

Im just gonna say you should try to stop him if you care about your friend.

Motwera

Banned

"someone linked me to your thread man. look, i appreciate the concern but im currently in talks about this with a friend who is in med school. hes looking into it, and if he gives it the all clear im gonna make a night of it and go ahead with the plan. hes the future medical expert, after all."

I don't have a smart phone so I can't upload directly, but I'd be more than willing to take a photo of my phone screen and post it if that would calm some of the troll accusations

Again, tell him scientifically and generally to NOT do it, ever.

terrisus

Also, suggest that your friend read this to see what swallowing a single innocent-seeming object can lead to:

ThereWasAnOldLadyWhoSwallowedAFly.jpg

Maybe he just wants you to let him die. :(

Chabbles

I refuse to believe that anyone is stupid enough to attempt this with hopes of the "code" being absorbed by their soul. You would literally have to check that person into a mental institution for their own safety. This has to be a troll thread of some sort.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I was going to say never talk to that guy again but he'll be dead soon enough so that won't be a problem.

Also, if anyone ever asks me to explain NeoGAF to them I will show them this thread.

Are you sure you friend doesn't have a death wish? Maybe he is full aware how stupid his idea is but just want that someone tell him that is doable...

Shady859

i expected this thread to be about someones nephew swallowing his cart. The kid who was playing in traffic and buying PS4 games. :)

OmegaDL50

Don't the microchips inside a 3DS cart use lead based sodder? Nevermind the lithium toxicity from the save battery itself (Or is it flash memory)

Yeah, tell your friend to NOT do this. I'm not a "Medical expert" but even I considered these factors that this is a stupidly BAD idea.

If this doesn't convince your friend to not do this, then well...

http://aapnews.aappublications.org/content/34/5/13.full

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom