• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors live-stream on July 24 at 11PM JST / 4PM CET / 10AM EST / 7AM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

L~A

Edit: trailer is up... waiting for official version.

So, looks like there's going to be a live-stream for Hyrule Warriors tomorrow: link! (NicoNico, by Dengeki)

The Dengeki stream itself starts a bit earlier, but the Hyrule Warriors part starts at 11PM JST. Since we're getting a new website update tomorrow, this stream will probably cover some of the stuff from the last Famitsu article (with Ruto / Sheik / Darunia and more). Yosuke Hayashi and Takashi Morinaka will be there to talk about the game.

Times:

Europe: 4PM
UK: 3PM
USA (East Coast): 10AM
USA (West Coast): 7AM
Japan: 11PM

t1406210400z0.png

And the live show now has a link on the official website. I think we're going to get some nice things :)

Thanks to StreetsAhead and Smiles & Cries for the heads up.

squall23

Let me quote myself from the other thread:

Before you guys all get excited, it's not a Hyrule Warriors stream per se. It's just a weekly video game and anime variety show. It just so happens that this week will have coverage of Hyrule Warriors so there may or may not be new stuff. And the Hyrule Warriors portion will take place during the 2nd part of the show.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
NOA also uploads english versions of the same videos that TK puts up a few days later on Nintendo's Youtube channel

yes, but I'd say that so far the marketing for this game is in the hands of Koei Tecmo. I think that NoA and NoE will jump on the ship a little bit later, considering that the game will be available in the West in late September. I'm looking at you, LE and CE... ;p

yes, but I'd say that so far the marketing for this game is in the hands of Koei Tecmo. I think that NoA and NoE will jump on the ship a little bit later, considering that the game will be available in the West in late September. I'm looking at you, LE and CE... ;p

I would agree

NOA is not in a magazine every two weeks pushing it here in the US while TK is doing Famitsu

and yeah no LE or CE stuff sucks too

If I had to guess the most sales may come from the west anyway

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I would agree

NOA is not in a magazine every two weeks pushing it here in the US while TK is doing Famitsu

and yeah no LE or CE stuff sucks too

If I had to guess the most sales may come from the west anyway

Probably..
If I'm not wrong, we don't even have info on the DLC stuff for the West. Do we?

Probably..
If I'm not wrong, we don't even have info on the DLC stuff for the West. Do we?

nope

might be paid might be free but since NOA is publishing we don't know

maybe they are waiting for an August Nintendo Direct

this is late September so they will have to say something soon

yeah I think Tecmo Koei is taking this game seriously enough to hype this game every little chance they get. This is like going to an IGN stream so they need to provide something new at least something that is in this weeks magazine

random25

yeah I think Tecmo Koei is taking this game seriously enough to hype this game every little chance they get. This is like going to an IGN stream so they need to provide something new at least something that is in this weeks magazine

Well, Musou game is a great money-maker franchise in Japan, so they're gonna push this game real good.

Well, Musou game is a great money-maker franchise in Japan, so they're gonna push this game real good.

I need to go ask in media create threads what is the highest selling musou

WiiU is struggling right now in Japan so not sure if they will get much from the Zelda theme but this is the most excited I have ever been for a musou title hope it works out for TK they had been showing some really good stuff they seem to understand the Zelda Universe as well

I need to go ask in media create threads what is the highest selling musou

WiiU is struggling right now in Japan so not sure if they will get much from the Zelda theme but this is the most excited I have ever been for a musou title hope it works out for TK they had been showing some really good stuff they seem to understand the Zelda Universe as well

PS3 One Piece: Pirate Warriors .......828,132
PS3 Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage .......589,471
PS3 Dynasty Warriors 7 .......476,018
PS3 Dynasty Warriors 6 .......416,288
PS3 Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 ....385,987

WIU Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper ....35,000

L~A

Eyyyy look, all the controllable characters so far are in that pic, I bet.

That's a pretty safe bet, actually! Because the two bosses (Argarok and the Imprisonned) aren't in there, and there was no way in Hell they were gonna be playable anyway.

I don't think it's a coincidence they chose them ;)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
PS3 Warriors Orochi 3 ...395,411
PS3 Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate...131.842

PS4 Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate .....11.852

Fixed to have a wider picture. Musou games are popular in Japan, but their potential depends a lot rom various factors: ultimately, the licensed ones (like Kens or One piece) have performed better than the classics, maybe because they present some novelty element compared to the classic ones.
It must also be said that the install base of the console and being an original project obviously have an impact on the performances of the titles.

So, the elements to understand how this game could perform should be:
- IP/License strenght: so and so. Zelda on home console in Japan is weaker than before; even on the Wii, SS performed way worst than TP or WW. On the Wii U, WWHD barely reached the 60k I think.

- install base: Wii U is not so hot, it is not even at 2 millions sold in Japan.

- original product: this still is an original product (not a late port, nor multiplatform), so I think that it could perform better than the 2 very late port Wii U received so far (Ken's rage 2 and Orochi 3 Ultimate).

because the gameplay is very different.

I don't expect Hyrule Warriors to do more than 200k in Japan, considering the Wii U's install base. I'm sure Nintendo reimbursed TK decently for their trouble, and I imagine the WW sales will be more than solid for a Warriors game.

Too much grinding in gameplay, after you tried all the characters,weapons and stages, things left is grinding, or characters you love. It's nice to play a mosou game per one or two years, but Koei is always milking it.

Eh, I play them because they are fun. Not for grinding or whatever. I love re-playing characters many times. The reason why the games are so fun is because of the roster. If you only had one character to play as then they would probably be broing. Imo the character rosters make the Warrior games.

because the gameplay is very different.

That doesn't even make any sense in relevance to the comment.

Not

Banned
Saria, out of all the characters in Zelda, doesn't strike me as the warrior type. I guess she could play her ocarina and/or use sage powers... IDK

I don't expect Hyrule Warriors to do more than 200k in Japan, considering the Wii U's install base. I'm sure Nintendo reimbursed TK decently for their trouble, and I imagine the WW sales will be more than solid for a Warriors game.
Sounds about right. Although I suspect it will do very well in the West. I will predict that this game has worldwide lifetime sales above 500,000.

I also suspect it will be a budget "classics" title by 2016.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
That doesn't even make any sense in relevance to the comment.

You are right, I've seen only now the first quote for your previous post :p

I agree with everything, except the 200k in Japan.
that's too much.

hmmmm 60k to 80k for Zelda Musou is my guess

Is this a real list of best-selling musou games? Is there a place where I can get a complete list, and also did PW really sell better than the main series? Please let there be a PW3 in the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom