• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura : new live-stream this Friday at 8PM JST / 1PM CET / 7AM EST / 4AM PST

chrono01

Looks like it was an awesome stream ;~;
It was definitely...interesting. Well worth a watch, if you enjoy life and hometown. Mostly life.

Will this stream be archived anywhere to watch later?

Would like to know this too.
It should be.

I know you can re-watch/Time-Shift it on Nico Nico, but I'm not sure if you need a Premium Membership for that or not. If you have an account, it might be worth a try. You should be able to Time-Shift it within an hour or so.

Anyway, I'm off to sleep for a few hours of sleep before I have to get up again. The sleep sacrificed was worth it!

Couldn't follow the stream as I was busy with work, but :

Oooooo DLC

this ?

7hm6D79.jpg

(Mirai losing her charm point ? ^^)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I came for the game.
In a way i was dissapoint.

I agree. And even the pervy shit with the models descended into full-on creepy territory, especially the dude with the bowl cut. Not sure if he's a "comedian" (emphasis on the quotes) but that was some straight-up creeper shit with the clothes and tongue flicking.

-Horizon-

I know you can re-watch/Time-Shift it on Nico Nico, but I'm not sure if you need a Premium Membership for that or not. If you have an account, it might be worth a try. You should be able to Time-Shift it within an hour or so.

Anyway, I'm off to sleep for a few hours of sleep before I have to get up again. The sleep sacrificed was worth it!

Will check to see if I can soon then.

I agree. And even the pervy shit with the models descended into full-on creepy territory, especially the dude with the bowl cut. Not sure if he's a "comedian" (emphasis on the quotes) but that was some straight-up creeper shit with the clothes and tongue flicking.

Indeed. Those kind of streams are the definitive proof of why some kind of fiction and/or fantasies should definitely stay in the realm of fantasies ^^;

PS :
http://i.imgur.com/1HbfFkQ.jpg
kya ! ^^

Lyte Edge

My copy of Senran Kagura 2 just arrived.

But I'm at work.

BUT I brought my 3DS. :D

Blueblur1

Mirai suddenly has big boobs? She's older in subsequent games then? If so it makes sense but they're comically large for her stature (well for SK Burst Mirai which is the iteration I'm familiar with).

Lyte Edge

Box:

Only got to try the first part of the game, which is a tutorial section, for a few minutes. The game starts with a real-time cut scene, showing Asuka and Homura about to fight a giant monster. It's evident right from the start that the visuals have been noticeably improved; the models look to be about on par with the Vita version now and the framerate is rock-solid. You can also now play the game in 3D. Throughout the first level, I did not notice the framerate drop, no matter how many enemies were on-screen. Game play has also been changed up from both the previous 3DS and Vita games. It's faster and has a different feel to things...You no longer seem to automatically home-in on launched enemies when juggling, either.

Have to play a lot more to get a real feel for this, but I'm really impressed so far. They've continued to have awesome game play to go right along with all the crazy fan service.

-Horizon-

Box:

Only got to try the first part of the game, which is a tutorial section, for a few minutes. The game starts with a real-time cut scene, showing Asuka and Homura about to fight a giant monster. It's evident right from the start that the visuals have been noticeably improved; the models look to be about on par with the Vita version now and the framerate is rock-solid. You can also now play the game in 3D. Throughout the first level, I did not notice the framerate drop, no matter how many enemies were on-screen. Game play has also been changed up from both the previous 3DS and Vita games. It's faster and has a different feel to things...You no longer seem to automatically home-in on launched enemies when juggling, either.

Have to play a lot more to get a real feel for this, but I'm really impressed so far. They've continued to have awesome game play to go right along with all the crazy fan service.

HNNNNNNG
Everything I'm hearing so far makes me want it now so bad.

Eolz

Nice impressions!
My LE was shipped today and it's coming with the crimson girls as book, will share some pics as well when I get it.

Edit: I'm actually a lot more hopeful for a localization after Xseed and Marvelous PR saying it was a surprise hit in europe. We'll at least get a digital release and given how it was worded and how small those companies are, this might even get priority over some projects.

Lyte Edge

Animations in general are better than previous games, too, although if you liked the long, drawn-out super move cut scenes (from Shinovi Versus), they seem to be gone. You just get a quick close up, then the move comes out. Clothes getting ripped is still more elaborate, because...Senran. It also must be mentioned that life and hometown are shinier this time around.

Still only got a chance to play just a bit more. Stage 2 changes to Ikaruga and you have to fight Yomi at the end of the level. It's noticeably more "3D" compared to the 2.5D stage 1 and looks great with 3D on. Yomi wrecked me the first time around, and although I was able to trap her in a corner and spam Y attacks the second attempt, the AI actually managed to get out of this loop and fought back. Hope this is a sign that the difficulty has been upped!

Had to stop at Stage 3 (Katsuragi), but noticed that it was a fully 3D map, just like the Vita game.

Still haven't gotten to the tag stuff yet!

-Horizon-

Animations in general are better than previous games, too, although if you liked the long, drawn-out super move cut scenes (from Shinovi Versus), they seem to be gone. You just get a quick close up, then the move comes out. Clothes getting ripped is still more elaborate, because...Senran. It also must be mentioned that life and hometown are shinier this time around.
I'm ok with this.

Still only got a chance to play just a bit more. Stage 2 changes to Ikaruga and you have to fight Yomi at the end of the level. It's noticeably more "3D" compared to the 2.5D stage 1 and looks great with 3D on. Yomi wrecked me the first time around, and although I was able to trap her in a corner and spam Y attacks the second attempt, the AI actually managed to get out of this loop and fought back. Hope this is a sign that the difficulty has been upped!

Had to stop at Stage 3 (Katsuragi), but noticed that it was a fully 3D map, just like the Vita game.
I've only seen videos of the Vita game so I guess you're saying there are open field-ish stages in this game too?

Still haven't gotten to the tag stuff yet!
What's that? o_O

TRI Mike

I really hope they localize this but the truth is that if we want it to happen, we'll have to support Shinovi Versus' western release (I already have mine preordered even though I imported it).

The game looks really, really good.

Lyte Edge

I really hope they localize this but the truth is that if we want it to happen, we'll have to support Shinovi Versus' western release (I already have mine preordered even though I imported it).

I think there's a good chance we'll get it. I never thought any of these games would be localized, especially uncensored, and here we are getting the second and third games in the Fall.

I'm going to buy the domestic releases too, to support them.

The game looks really, really good.

It is way better than I expected it to be. Maybe it's because I played Shinovi Versus first, but I couldn't really get into Burst. This game destroys the original in pretty much every way.

Lyte Edge

Holy shit, Katsuragi has a separate stance where she hovers around on 'air wheels' made from her boots!

bow1.gif
This game
bow2.gif

Zenaku

My Deluxe edition shipped today, set to arrive monday, but I bought the digital version yesterday and am right near the end now.

It took a little getting used to, particularly how enemies are a little harder to stun sometimes which makes it hard to combo, but it's been really enjoyable. I haven't touched the Youma's Nest mode, and just focused on the main story, with no power levelling, and the difficulty has been pretty nice.

The in-engine cutscenes always look great, some really nice costumes (seems the rip a lot easier than ever before) and overall a great game. Now to try this mission again...

Top Bottom