• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors (Zelda Musou) (Zelda Dynasty Warriors) announced

CrisKre

ITT a lot of drive by hate posts. Like they hate there are new games announced for Wii u but then rip it apart because IT HAZ NO GAEMZ!

sad really.

On topic, this looks fun. I hope it break the mold of muso games a little and adds a bit more Zenda complexity. If nothing else it will add a bit of flare to the franchise with its more action oriented gameplay. And the soundtrack should be awesome too!

SmithnCo

So all the resources they had went to this? This Zelda dynasty warrior mash up. Trash. Idgaf how good this game is going to be. Everybody has been waiting for that Zelda standalone game from that tech demo. Wtf is this shit? Nintendo being Nintendo again.

Iwata flat-out stated in the direct that this isn't the next mainline Zelda

Jarate

Banned
My guess is because with Pokemon people play it for a variety of reasons. To beat the story, to collect all the pokemon and beat the pokedex, to breed teams and play competitively, etc.

For example I find the Pokemon main story in each game usually boring and its always the same thing for me, but I love the metagame.

I like dynasty warriors, but I don't think it has the same "wide approach" were people would play it for different reasons, thus it ends with more criticism since people expecting something out of it might not be balanced by something else in the game.

actually there are tons of way to play Dynasty Warriors

If you like farming for weapons, it has that, if you like difficult action games, you can have that, if you like combos, you can do that, if you like killing massive crowds of enemies you can do that

but of course, people just ignore it because you can beat the first level on easy by just pressing square

What the hell is so bad about this announcement?
The idea is great, Nintendo tries something new and everyone is complaining....again.
I've only played one Dynasty Warriors game but this is Day 1.

Tookay

So all the resources they had went to this? This Zelda dynasty warrior mash up. Trash. Idgaf how good this game is going to be. Everybody has been waiting for that Zelda standalone game from that tech demo. Wtf is this shit? Nintendo being Nintendo again.

I'm sorry but wut.

every single rupee is going to be put into Zelda Dynasty Warriors
It's not like it's a crossover game that both companies would think to be beneficial!

Explain to me what is beneficial in this? It's a crossover once again to sneak in a filler for a game that should have been well announced by now. That's the issue. Of course Zelda fans are going to eat this up but let's be serious, is this what anyone really wanted. I sure a hell didn't even think to want a dynasty warrior Zelda mash up. It literally looks like dynasty warriors modded with a Zelda skin. What is the point of this? It's ridiculous..

Fandangox

actually there are tons of way to play Dynasty Warriors

If you like farming for weapons, it has that, if you like difficult action games, you can have that, if you like combos, you can do that, if you like killing massive crowds of enemies you can do that

but of course, people just ignore it because you can beat the first level on easy by just pressing square

I don't think this is quite the same comparison. All of that still involves the combat heavily as the focus.

The idea is great, Nintendo tries something new and everyone is complaining....again.
I've only played one Dynasty Warriors game but this is Day 1.

I have to tell you, I haven't really played a game of this genre but I'd rather have this game exist than not.

It may or may not be good but it looks like a decent distraction at worst if you want your Zelda themed fix.

Tookay

Explain to me what is beneficial in this? It's a crossover once again to sneak in a filler for a game that should have been well announced by now. That's the issue. Of course Zelda fans are going to eat this up but let's be serious, is this what anyone really wanted. I sure a hell didn't even think to want a dynasty warrior Zelda mash up. It literally looks like dynasty warriors modded with a Zelda skin. What is the point of this? It's ridiculous..

Sometimes I want things I never knew I wanted.

This isn't hurting anybody.

Zelda Wii U is in NO way affected by this.

Let it exist.

You're backtracking because you probably thought this was the Wii U proper Zelda.

zroid

Banned

Some are mad that Nintendo is still making "Mario and Zelda" games.

Others are mad that Nintendo is "whoring out" Zelda.

And others still are mad because they hate Musou games.

...Personally I'm still too far in the "lolwat" stage to have a response. Probably gonna buy it though. Don't really like musou games, but this is just too ridiculous.

Jarate

Banned

because it will sell well

In japan, these games sell very well

don't you think a company would want money?

I don't know, I may be wrong with that assumption

Do Dynasty Warriors games have multiplayer? This would be so great with either asymmetrical gameplay or co-op.

Gamepad could place enemies and move troops.

eXistor

Looks fun, I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game before, but I did play Drakengard. Granted, a lot of the fun in that game comes from the demented story, but there was a weird hook to slaying hundreds of minons. If they can manage it with better graphics and a Zelda theme, I'm in.

let's be serious, is this what anyone really wanted.

Of course not, because I didn't know it was a possibility.

Now that I know it exists I want it more than anything else (sans X and Bravely Default)

Love Musou, love Zelda, incredibly excited to play a Zelda game with actual action combat! And the idea of possibly more characters (SHEIK) excite me to no end. Hope it happens!

Jarate

Banned
Looks fun, I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game before, but I did play Drakengard. Granted, a lot of the fun in that game comes from the demented story, but there was a weird hook to slaying hundreds of minons. If they can manage it with better graphics and a Zelda theme, I'm in.

Dynasty Warriors games have way better combat then Drakengard

Do Dynasty Warriors games have multiplayer? This would be so great with either asymmetrical gameplay or co-op.

yes they do.

Silky

Banned

clownin'

again,

1) Tecmo Koei and Nintendo have a pretty solid relationship. None of this si new. Link has been in a Musou game before.
2) Musou fans, predominately in Japan (and in EU/NA), are going to enjoy this a hell of a lot more than Zelda, because Musou is fucking popular in Japan.
3) If this was even a possibility (again it's not impossible I mean TK did make a Samurai/Pokemon crossover with Nintendo that wasy okay.) I would be all for it. Zelda combat is shit. This is a huge improvement.
4) If you seriously think this is just a Zelda-skinned Dynasty Musou than you're crazy.
5) The point of this is simple; a zelda game to have in 2014.

It's not ridiculous.

EDIT:

The point is this (first week Japanese sales):

[WII] Zelda Skyward Sword (Nintendo, 11/23): 194,978

vs

[PS3] Dynasty Warriors 8 (Tecmo Koei, 02/28/13) – 203,224

and

[PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) - 655.774

Japan likes Musou far more than it likes Zelda. This game is for Japan more than it's for the West.

Never tought of it like this. Makes even MORE sense.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

vs

and

Japan likes Musou far more than it likes Zelda. This game is for Japan more than it's for the West.

zeldablue

We're just a bit cranky because we were expecting actual Zelda Wii U.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about this game, along with Zelda Wii U.

vs

and

Quite brilliant I must say

Japan doesn't care about Zelda

West doesn't care about Dynasty Warriors

So now we've got a Zelda game for Japan to buy, and a Dynasty Warriors game for the West! Win win!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

So now we've got a Zelda game for Japan to buy, and a Dynasty Warriors game for the West! Win win!

Ha. Going to be interesting to see how this game actually sells then.

Beth Cyra

What is the point of the little minions running out? They aren't even attacking him.

Alot of Muso games have grunt enemies that are there just for murdering on the lower settings.

However when you start jacking up the difficulty these little bastards will probably give you nightmares from all the deaths they will cause.

Zalman

I seriously have no words. Can't believe people don't do their research before judging something like this.

JoeFu

Banned
I really really like how the combat looks. The rolls and side jumps aren't anything that have been in a Musou game have they? I don't remember anything like that in Warriors Orochi 3 or SW Chronicles.

WillyFive

Could you explain which resources Nintendo wasted for this Tecmo-developed game?

Toxi

Banned

Or we could get a Zelda game the West doesn't care about and a Dynasty Warriors game Japan doesn't care about. :p

Japan doesn't care about Zelda/Wii U so this will sell like crap there, and the west won't buy this at all.It will sell primarily to core Nintendo fans. Basically I would be surprised if it broke 500k worldwide, but it these games don't seem to have much of a budget anyway so it should still profit some. This just probably the result of what Nintendo had to do get some 3rd party support on the system, but I don't know why people are complaining. Nintendo isn't making this and if you don't like DW it doesn't matter

Top Bottom